5-8th places classification games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-8th places classification games

Lithuania - Turkey is the first semifinal for 5th place, the other two teams will be known tomorrow...

does this 5th place gives anything except pride ??

what about the teams attitude towards them...

i read Erdogans interview and he said Turkey wants to get 5th place... what about Lithuania ??

I'm sure all Quarterfinals Losers will be motivated to reach fifth place as you're "Best of the Rest" then, Top Four teams seem to be a step above the others. Plus there is a high-level competition of four top european teams.
    "It's not about four guys working to get one player open and give the ball to him."- Ettore Messina

Sanchez, Ginobili, Basile, Kukoc, Sabonis

Comment

Turkey-Lithuania will face the winners of Germany-France.

This is like a mini eurobasket. All 4 teams are from Europe and if Turkey wants to gain some respect in Europe, we have to get the 5th spot.

Liths are coming from a big loss from Spain just like us. They are probably kinda disappointed. The team who recovers better and forgets the previous game will win between Turkey and Lithunia.

Turkey-Lithuania: 55-45.
      I trust the 12 giants, they'll be back with the Lith game.

Germany-France: 55-45.
      It all depends on Dirk. French team without Parker is not the favorite for this game for sure... Diaw and all the rest won't be enough for Germany with a good Dirk playing. I don't know why I've always disliked the French team. They are bringing out the african guys and trying to be a mini-USA.

5th-6th spot: Turkey vs. Germany: 50-50
      Germany with Dirk has always been a horror story for us. If we can shut down Dirk this time, I guess we'll do it with our good inside players, game will be ours....

7th-8th spot: Lithuania-France: 55-45
      Well, maybe I'm biased here....

Comment

Originally posted by zik013
        Lithuania - Turkey is the first semifinal for 5th place, the other two teams will be known tomorrow...

does this 5th place gives anything except pride ??

what about the teams attitude towards them...

i read Erdogans interview and he said Turkey wants to get 5th place... what about Lithuania ??
        In the past they did have a meaning because they would determine how many teams each continent would have in the Olympics. To elaborate on this, the host and the World Champion would qualify immediately. 5 spots would go to the Champions of each continent. The other 5 spots would be decided by which teams would get spots 2 to 6. So if lets say Argentina wins the WC, Argentina and China would qualify. 5 more teams would qualify from each continent,, normally the continental champion, but if Argentina or China win the champions from their continent the second team would qualify. Then since from 2nd to 6th place there are 4 european teams and one american, there would be 4 more spots for Europe and one for the Americas.
        But since that system isn't used anymore, there's no need for these games either.
        http://basketballfuture.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by turkishpower
          This is like a mini eurobasket. All 4 teams are from Europe and if Turkey wants to gain some respect in Europe, we have to get the 5th spot.
          i agree with you.

Lithuania-Turkey 40 - 60. This time Turkey will not live stress like first match.
          Germany-Greece 30 - 70. Germany dont have any change.

7th-8th
          Lithuania - Germany 60 - 40

5th-6th
          Turkey-Greece 49 - 51. Reply of first match. but i hope, this time Turkey will not make same mistakes at the end.

Comment

wow!!! but you forgot something my friend gravity,Greece will play at the semi finals

Comment

Germany-Greece 30 - 70. Germany dont have any change
              you mean france!
              don't love us but stop hating us(i am talking about basketball team!)
              http://enwsisofwn.blogspot.com/
              Live your life with basketball

P.E.O.S. - The return of the wise men!

Comment

Lithuania-Turkey- 55-45.
                Lithuania will seek revenge here and they only lost in a close game in the preliminaries.

Dirk will be unstoppable. France has been disappointing this WC

5th-6th spot: Lithuania vs. Germany: 51-49
                Can we stop Dirk? We struggled against Gasol but Spain had also many other players. Germany does have this depth. Close game but we win.

7th-8th spot: Turkey-France: 55-45
                Turkey will bounce back.

Comment

Originally posted by rchos7
                  you mean france!
                  don't love us but stop hating us(i am talking about basketball team!)
                  it's not about love. if it's about love, i dont like france more than Greece.

only i think, france will win.

Comment

Lithuania-Turkey- 55-45.
                    Lithuania simply rebounds too much. This time we won't be able to overcome that deficit.

Dirk will make sure Germany wins this.

5th-6th spot: Lithuania vs. Germany: 50-50
                    No idea but somehow I think Germany could be a little bit more motivated, however Liths will still dominate the glass.

7th-8th spot: Turkey-France: 55-45
                    Well, I haven't seen France in the WC and I'm biased, so what I can say.

Comment

Lithuania-Turkey 60/40 - we'll bounce back
                      Germany-Greece 30/70 - in other thread i already told Greeks will lose in quarters.. but they will beat dirk here, easily

5th place match
                      Lithuania-Greece 50/50 - tough game till the end
                      7th place match
                      Germany-Turkey 30/70 - Easy one for Turkey

Comment

These games have open endings. You can't now the motivation of those players who came from a heavy loss. Perhaps the coaches will rotate much more. For example I think Tanjevic will use Semih Erden more than in the previous games

Comment

Originally posted by gravity
                          it's not about love. if it's about love, i dont like france more than Greece.

only i think, france will win.
                          You have the gift it seems. France will definitely win. Oh wait... they did not.

EDIT : I am glad you guys want to give us the 5th 6th or 7th place so whole hearted. But since we are kind and appreciate your concern for us, you can keep it. We took 4th to 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by zik013
                            And Lavrinovic said that they will get hat 5th place

Comment

Originally posted by gravity
                              Germany-Greece 30 - 70. Germany dont have any change.

5th-6th
                              Turkey-Greece 49 - 51. Reply of first match. but i hope, this time Turkey will not make same mistakes at the end.
                              guess what?you were wrong
                              1st in IBN 2018-2019
                              2nd in IBN 2016-2017
                              2nd in IBN 2015-2016
                              1st in IBN 2014-2015
                              2nd in IBN 2013-2014
                              2nd in IBN 2012-2013
                              2nd in IBN 2010-2011
                              3nd in IBN 2009-2010
                              1st in IBN 2008-2009
                              2nd in IBN 2007-2008

If you love player and team comparisons, please join me in my channels
                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIT...JLx5BerQtam9_A
                              https://www.facebook.com/sport.rankings.10
                              @RankingsSport

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information