This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
    I have the impression LD lacks maturity. This influences also his team and as a result Slovenians dont take some games serious enough. That is also the reason why the lost against Poland.
    Poland lost 77-112 to Slovenia in OG tournament match!

They wanted rematch and win so badly(and they did it)! Slovenia just didn't care so much after this blowout(big mistake)

Jordan was stoppable and LD is stoppable too.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post

People tend to assume that Slovenia is going to finish the group phase 3-0 without even breaking a sweat. Basically giving Georgia the same near-zero chances Cape Verde has. And that's not true. Chances may be low, but Georgia can beat Slovenia and then they're one win away from QFs.
      Doncic is a top player, one of the reasons many basketball fans anticipate to watch the tournament. On the one hand, the format of World cup allows many surprises since anything can happen in a single game. So, yes, it's not impossible for Georgia to win Slovenia.
      On the other hand, fans enjoy watching the top players and expect them to be able to help their team proceed to a certain point. I guess this is why Slovenia is expected to finish group phase without losing a game and for sure is not expected to finish last at the phase before QFs, below Germany, Australia and Georgia.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post

Sure. That's why Slovenia has only 1 medal. Teams like Spain, Serbia, France...has that much deeper rosters.
        Correct. Deeper rosters = more consistent results = less chances of an upset. That's why we shouldn't rule out Georgia.

Comment

Correct. Deeper rosters = more consistent results = less chances of an upset. That's why we shouldn't rule out Georgia.
          Theoretically you can't rule anyone. That's why Georgia is 251.00 to win WC and 41.00 to win a medal. I guess not deep enough roster.

Btw. I didn't know anything about Georgia preparation games and I checked out their results. And...Not exactly something I would expect after hearing you.
          previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by tonia View Post

Doncic is a top player, one of the reasons many basketball fans anticipate to watch the tournament. On the one hand, the format of World cup allows many surprises since anything can happen in a single game. So, yes, it's not impossible for Georgia to win Slovenia.
            On the other hand, fans enjoy watching the top players and expect them to be able to help their team proceed to a certain point. I guess this is why Slovenia is expected to finish group phase without losing a game and for sure is not expected to finish last at the phase before QFs, below Germany, Australia and Georgia.
            I would say that this format and draw favourites Slovenia, if anything. They're clearly not good enough to survive difficult draw, but they were very lucky and if they get in Qs anything is possible. They basically need to win only against 2 solid teams to make semifinals. Not being favourite is good for them also. They were 30:1 to win Eurobasket, with some disappointing preparation games in 2017, against Israel and Turkey, and they went 9:0 in Eurobasket. But it's true, Slovenian coach is a joke and we had real coach in 2017.

Last edited by Killer Bob; 08-24-2023, 05:13 PM.
            previously known as Beno

Comment

Theoretically you can't rule anyone. That's why Georgia is 251.00 to win WC and 41.00 to win a medal. I guess not deep enough roster.

Btw. I didn't know anything about Georgia preparation games and I checked out their results. And...Not exactly something I would expect after hearing you.
              Better results than Slovenia's, if you ask me.

Comment

Better results than Slovenia's, if you ask me.
                Both teams are not going anywhere with wins against Montenegro, Iran, Jordan or China. Fortunately friendly matches don't count.

I have a feeling that you will make huge money in this WC, your knowledge is far superior than that of bookies.
                previously known as Beno

Comment

Both teams are not going anywhere with wins against Montenegro, Iran, Jordan or China. Fortunately friendly matches don't count.

I have a feeling that you will make huge money in this WC, your knowledge is far superior than that of bookies.
                  I never bet, it goes against my religious beliefs. I also rarely predict wins. Except when Spain meets France. Those I demand.

Comment

I got Italy, Serbia, Spain and Lithuania to win all 3 group stages games, then Japan to go winless and Georgia to advance in r16. I know in the end something will probably not hit but I think it's a fun parlay to follow the tournament closer
                    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

My predictions:

Gold - USA
                      Silver - Australia
                      Bronze - Canada
                      4th - Italy

Olympic Qualifiers
                      Americas - USA, Canada
                      Europe - Italy, Germany
                      Oceania - Australia
                      Asia - China
                      Africa - South Sudan

Comment

Mitoglou is missing the World cup due to an injury!!

He is so unlucky and so is Greece!
                        Quarterfinals get tougher and tougher for Greece to reach..

Comment

Originally posted by DenverJokic View Post
                          My predictions:

Gold - USA
                          Silver - Australia
                          Bronze - Canada
                          4th - Italy

Olympic Qualifiers
                          Americas - USA, Canada
                          Europe - Italy, Germany
                          Oceania - Australia
                          Asia - China
                          Africa - South Sudan
                          I think Canada and Australia will eliminate each other in the quarterfinals, and Italy has little chance of getting out of group "I"

Comment

Now that's some serious basketball strategizing! It's always fascinating to see fans dissect tournament scenarios like this. Can't wait to see if Spain puts this theory into action. Additionally download vsco mod 324 from our website.
                            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information