This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demir Dogan is the best turkish prospect and has huge upside
    Da du Schwierigkeiten mit der englischen Sprache hast, mache ich das mal auf Deutsch. Das, was ich in den sieben Minuten gesehen habe, war auf jeden Fall vielversprechend, sehr beweglich für seine Größe, auch seine Spannweite gepaart mit den aktiven Beinen macht sehr viel Hoffnung. Mir schien er im Spiel etwas zu sehr fokussiert zu sein und zwar darauf seine ersten Punkte zu machen. Er setzt den Ball mit Sicherheit viel besser auf als Tibet, allerdings ist Tibet ein wundervoller Schütze, der im Laufe seiner NCAA Zeit mit Sicherheit zu einem bestimmten Grad selbst für sich kreieren können wird. Ob es Tibet, Berke Büyktuncel oder Demir Dogan ist, je mehr hoffnungsvolle Nachwuchstalente desto besser sage ich immer. Sofern die Nachwuchsmeiserschaften diesen Sommer stattfinden, werde ich mir ein genaueres Bild von ihm machen.

Sorry, i promise I will continue in English from now on.

Comment

• Great game of Besiktas again against Ormanspor. Sengün filled the stats sheet with 23 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks and 1 steal. He also made a very promising 3 pointer

https://twitter.com/TrendBasket/stat...95454208774147

Hazer also solid with 22 points with high true shooting percentage, 2 corner 3s.

Comment

• Alperen Sengün rises in the ESPN mock drafts to the 14th spot and is shown ahead of Garuba and Prkacin right now. I think the main reason is his play making abilities from inside and he also made his second outside shot but this all doesnt matter. He has a long way to go

https://www.espn.com/nba/draft/bestavailable

Comment

• The 6'7 combo forward Efe Tahmaz of Partizan Belgrade was added to the Eurocup roster of Partizan. There is no chance that he is gonna play as a 2004 born player but its a good sign that he is developing.

The official site of Euroleague Basketball. Check out live matches, stats, standings, teams, players, interviews, fantasy challenge and much more.

Comment

• The manager has confirmed that FB is interested in Sehmus Hazer and Alperen Sengün but he also confirmed that Sengün will participate in the draft and go to the NBA after this season.

The manager said he expects Hazer to climb the rankings in future but Hazer has almost 0 chances for the NBA so i can imagine him playing for FB in near future

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
              The manager has confirmed that FB is interested in Sehmus Hazer and Alperen Sengün but he also confirmed that Sengün will participate in the draft and go to the NBA after this season.

The manager said he expects Hazer to climb the rankings in future but Hazer has almost 0 chances for the NBA so i can imagine him playing for FB in near future
              Do you think that Sengun has NBA future?

He is a Center in modern bball, but in reality he is an old school powerforward in terms of skillset. He lacks ideal height, athleticism or strength to be a defensive anchor on NBA level. At the same time, he is very limited offensively. He is a solid post player with nifty footwork, but he can't shoot, no stretch potential, lack of transition game or playmaking are all concerns if he is going to get playing time at an NBA level as a starter. I think he will probably get drafted somewhere in the second round purely on his production this year, but I do not see this working.

He is an ideal fit for European basketball, because his post up game will not be a big asset in the NBA, due to lack of other complimentary attributes on both offense and defense.

Comment

• Do you think that Sengun has NBA future?
                I am not sure. Explanation follows.

He lacks ideal height, athleticism or strength to be a defensive anchor on NBA level
                This is correct. I dont think that he can play five in the NBA. He will have to evolve to a power forward. I dont think strength will be a big problem for him on the long term but he wont get much faster than his current speed now.

He is a solid post player with nifty footwork, but he can't shoot, no stretch potential, lack of transition game or playmaking are all concerns if he is going to get playing time at an NBA level as a starter.
                I am partly with you but partly i must disagree intensely. I wouldnt say he is a versatile post player right now. As you said he has solid footwork and very soft hands and fluidity to finish around the rim, some base line turns but also potential to develop a solid floater from mid range.

The point that I have to disagree is that he has no stretch potential. His shooting mechanic looks ugly but his shooting touch is great. I am sure he will make at least the open ones to an acceptable extend. I know that has hardly taken shots from three and he has a bad percentage but I know how he shot in the youth tournaments, he lacks trust thats all. Need to get faster and his mechanic needs some work but thats all.

About play making: he is surely not Jokic, he doesnt have his fundamentals, this is a different dimension, no doubt, but he has playmaking upside, passing from inside and restrictively outside with good decision making and timing. I think Domantas Sabonis is a good role model for him.

I dont have much question marks on the offensive end tbh. Defense is a much bigger question mark.

But we are on the same page that his current abilities are not enough for the NBA.

Its fairly rare that a kid who is weaker, smaller and slower than his counterparts is so productive and dominant. He has also a rock solid motor, a great work ethic and willpower in him.

I had shared the link but maybe you havent seen it. Here an example of his shooting touch. https://twitter.com/tivibuspor/statu...93430670991361

My final conclusion about him is. He is young enough to try it out and even if he fails he has time and great coaches for gaining strength and working on his shot.

I also think that his potential draft rank is somewhat 25 - 40.

Comment

• According to Besiktas president Ahmet Nur Cebi Fenerbahce offered a buyout of 2,5 million Euro for Alperen Sengün. Crazy shit hahahahahah. Now I know how FB got nearly bankrupt.

Comment

• Former Fenerbahce prospect and the third best 2002 born shooting guard David Mutaf signed for Gran Canaria. He had a short trip to the NCAA but changed his mind after several weeks. Good luck young one!

Comment

• Very amusing game between Besiktas and Efes. Besiktas again under the command of Hazer and Sengün. Both are playing very solid against a very motivated Efes team. Sengüns play making inside is really fun to watch. Moerman made him the biggest problems, he also was a matchup of Sanli and Dunston. Needs to get stronger legs but he started with pick and pop games and made it and toyed with Sanli in low post.

Hazer also a very solid game on both ends. Was a bit unlucky with putbacks etc. Very pick and roll loaded game of Besiktas. Efes difference maker was as expected Larkin who made 4 x 3 pointer as a pin down shooter and some self creation. Efes found the better shots but both teams have a good offensive and versatile game.

Comment

• Alperen Sengün has a significant development in terms of court vision timing and passing. He has been finding better solutions if he gets doubled which is great. I always said it. This kid has a small Jokic in him. Today again with 5 nice assists. In addition to that he had 12 Points (50 fgp) and 6 rebounds)

Look at these two passes

Comment

• My boy Sengün really destroyed Jerebko. Jerebko couldnt defend him at all and Jerebko is a legit Euroleague player.

24 points 12 rebounds 3 assists 2 steals and 1 block with great percentages. He was excited and shot just 50% from the ft line.

I dont care comparisons at all but watching Garuba and Prkacin today I think Frank Wagner and Alperen Sengün are the best prospects from 2001 and 2002 generations.

Comment

• Alperen reminds me Enes Kanter a lot. Smaller but better defender.

He should work on quickness and shooting in order to make an impact in modern basketball.

Comment

• The younger brother of Tarik Biberovic (2001), Faruk Biberovic (2005) have been going to school in Turkey for 2 years got also the Turkish passport. He is already listed as 205 cm and is taller than his brother.

Comment

• The modern power forward potential of Turkey is just beyond the roof from 2002 to 2006 generation. The selection criteria changed with Fikret Dogan from the 2003 generation and its really insane.

The top players in each generation with national team potentials

Alperen Sengün
                                Tibet Görener
                                Sarper David Mutaf ( half Russian half Turkish)

Speciality of the bunch shooting. Görener is one of the best shooting big in all generations from 99 to 2004 and Sarper is also on his way be become a very solid scorer. Sengün doesnt need any explanation.

2003:

Adem Bona
                                Batin Tuna

A fairly weak generation with a bunch of BSL role player potential.

probably the best generation of the last 30 years. There could be 2 teams of 10 guys each and there wouldnt be any lack of strength.

First of the guards: weakness of the Turkish BB. There are two guys with very high potential. Ege Tan Yildizoglu who is already leading his team in the Turkish U19 league against 2 year older guys. his main weakness was always shooting and strength but he is doing a very good job so far in terms of shooting. Playing style reminds of Ricky Rubio. Very solid ball handler and passer in up tempo

Eray Büyükcangaz, a 200+cm point guard with a huge wingspan and very fluent ball handling skills which allows him to go to the rim anytime he wants. Shooting potential is there. He is training with a very famous coach in Montenegro right now. Buducnost is interested in signing him. Playing style reminds of the king Dimitris Diamantidis.

The youngest and the guy with the most potential of this generation is Berke Büyüktuncel who has been taking minutes in Bursas A team. His general profile: he is a 205cm combo forward who can handle the ball very well with shooting upside and gravity passing. Can guard all five positions in Europe due to his wingspan and fast legs. Playing style reminds of Cedi Osman.
                                Vertical pop is a question mark.

These 3 guys have more or less NBA potential

The next guy is Yigit Hamza Mestoglu 202cm power forward/center of the Bandirma school. A very polished post player who can attack the rim from short distances and he also has some shooting potential. Is playing in Ucam Murcias second team.

Last but not least Efe Tahmaz, a 200cm forward of Partizan Belgrade, also very polished with a solid all around game and BBIQ. Havent seen him for a while but Partizan put him in the Eurocup roster with another 2004 born Serbian prospect. Can be a very solid European player.

A weaker generation with 2-3 very interesting guys. Berke Zorlu is another very skilled big man, strong frame, polished post moves.

Faruk Biberovic

2006 The guy with the highest ceiling of all these guys (except Bona) is Demir Dogan. A long already over 200cm tall forward with a huge wingspan and hilarious speed. Besiktas coach said I want to play him in BSL but its not allowed. He took minutes in the Fiba Europe cup this season. Its way too early but he looks like NBA material to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information