Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fathers & Sons... of Turkish basketball.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fathers & Sons... of Turkish basketball.

in Turkish bball, except for Guler brothers, whose father I did not have the chance to watch, none of the sons seem to have lived up to expectations.

Necati Guler (1956): he was apparently a starter for Eczacibasi and the NT.
    - Muratcan Guler: good career in the TBL with Besiktas.
    - Sinan Guler: pretty good career with NT and in the EL.

Mustafa K. Bitim (1975): average TBL player, never came close to the expectations.
    - Onuralp Bitim: outstanding as a prospect, disaster so far as a pro. I don't see him recovering, either. Worse than his father.

Murat Konuk (1972): one of the best power forwards before the 80s generation. A starter for NT and Tofas.
    - Mert Konuk (2000): still time to break out, shown great promise earlier as a shooter but kinda disappeared.

Omer Onan (1978): solid career both for NT and Efes/Ulker/Fener. Starter in the EL.
    - Yigit Onan (2002): ?

Omer Saybir (1961). A unique player, one of the best scorers of the league of his time (1980-97).
    - Yigitcan Saybir (1999): still waiting for him to do something.

Serdar Apaydin (1966). one of our earlier shooters for the NT, and also decent career with Ulker/Fener in the EL.
    - Leon Harun Apaydin (1999). I guess Serdar chose his teammate, Harun Erdenay's name for this kid, who seemed to be shooting well for u16 & u18, too. not sure what he's doing right now.

any relation of Goktug Bas (2001) to Semsettin Bas?
    should we count Resat Firincioglu (Ricky Winslow)?
    Any other examples do you know?
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.
Working...
X

Debug Information