No announcement yet.

Slovenian NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sani is said no... I guess Klobučar will be given a chance.

Comment

but that also means Čapin will be in the squad... which isn't exactly what I was hoping for.

Maybee Pipan would go with 3 SF's and still let Čapin behind. I prefer both Preldžič and Klobučar getting a chance...

Klobučar knows how to put effort in defense, but considering he didn't yet make a name for himself his game is screaming to get called 5 fouls at halftime.
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

I also hope Klobucar will be our starting SG after Sani declined. Just keep Capin out of the game as much as possible. But I'm really not optimistic at all about eurobasket. I don't think Smodis and Lakovic can carry on the whole team. And these two are only top quality players. Maybe a win against Poland, but no chance against Italy and France. I think Smodis would never accepted the call to NT, if he knew, how poor team will Pipan bring to Spain. I think it's possible Smodis will fake some injury in preparations, so he can escape from this tragicomedy.
        "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

Coach Pipan added Sandi Čebular and Hasan Rizvić to the list. I think he should have called Pavič/Begić instead of Rizvić, but doesn't matter those two for sure won't make it to the final roster.

After Gašper Okorn declined to join NT as coach assistent Pipan chose Miro Alilović (coach of U20 NT) as his second assistent.

Comment

Samo Udrih (CB Granada) couldn't join Slovenian NT today on preparations because of the serious ankle problems. He won't be in the squad for the European Championship.

Comment

Željko Zagorac decided not to join NT because of his new employer Lokomotiv Rostov asked him not to.

Comment

Another new absentee in slovenian NT. Zeljko Zagorac left the NT, because his new club Lokomotiva Rostov demanded so. Now it's very obvious, that Rizvic and Preldzic won't go to Spain. So our NT will look like:

PG: Lakovic, Dragic
                SG: Capin, Klobucar, Cebular
                SF: Jagodnik, D. Lorbek
                PF: Smodis, Slokar
                C: Nesterovic, E. Lorbek, Vidmar

Allthough I will rather take Preldzic and left Capin out. Then D. Lorbek would play on SG and Preldzic on SF.

Elaj/Matiz please post links (Sopcast, TVU,...) to Stankovic's cup games if you find any. Thanks.
                "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

Just to let everyone know, Nesterovič, Smodiš, E. Lorbek and Lakovič won't travel to China on Stanković Cup in order to prepare themselfs individually. I guess Pipan could now call Pavič/Zupan into the NT for this Stanković Cup instead of Zagorac.

Originally posted by boki
                  Elaj/Matiz please post links (Sopcast, TVU,...) to Stankovic's cup games if you find any. Thanks.
                  I just searched and I discovered here that Chinese CCTV-5 should broadcast the games. You can get this channel on SopCast and also on TVUPlayer.

Games schedule (already in CET):

Saturday, 28. July 2007 (Guangzhou)

Angola : New Zealand (at 10.00)
                  China : Venezuela (at 13.00)
                  Slovenia : NBDL All Star (at 15.00)

Sunday, 29. July 2007 (Guangzhou)

Venezuela : Angola (at 10.00)
                  China : Slovenia (at 13.00)
                  New Zealand : NBDL All Star (at 15.00)

Tuesday, 31. July 2007 (Macau)

NBDL All Star : Venezuela (at 10.00)
                  Angola : China (at 13.30)
                  Slovenia : New Zealand (at 15.30)

Wednesday, 1. August 2007 (Macau)

NBDL All Star : Angola (at 10.00)
                  New Zealand : China (at 13.30)
                  Slovenia : Venezuela (at 15.30)

Thursday, 2. August 2007 (Macau)

Venezuela : New Zealand (at 10.00)
                  China : NBDL All Star (at 13.30)
                  Slovenia : Angola (at 15.30)
                  Last edited by elaj; 07-25-2007, 11:18 AM.

Comment

I'd prefer Preldžič coming instead of Čapin as well...

PG: Lakovič 30 minutes/ Dragič 10 min.
                    SG: Dragič 10 / Klobučar 10 / Lorbek 20
                    SF: Jagodnik 20 / Lorbek 5 / Preldžič 15
                    PF/C: Smodiš, Slokar, Nesterovič, Lorbek, Vidmar

sadly things aren't as simple as I've wrote down above, Pipan selecting only 4 guards just to put Emir in, isn't exactly the optimal solution, but I can't see any significant improvement without him (wih Čapin) either.
                    having Čebular as the 5th guard is just like having only 4 guards (no diss to Sandi but...) as he isn't likely to play any minutes, so if Čapin joins we get a little better depth at PG/SG, but we loose Preldžič at SF, meaning we still have only 6 perimeter players... a complete mess... not to mention what happens if one guard gets injured (potentially Lakovič )

...even Gorenc and Hafnar would be welcome here... not to mention McDonald... let alone Vujačič, Joksimovič, both Udrih's, Ožbolt, Sani... I was a bit dissapointed when Memi let Čebular out of Olimpija, but he isn't a NT material for sure...

Now it'll all depend on Rašo/Smodiš covering up for guard's mistakes in defense... we'll probably see some yet unseen lineups on that championship
                    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

I kinda look more into CCTV5 tv schedule and find out that Slovenia: China will be broadcasted live on Sundey (13.00 CET). Slovenia: NBDL (tommorow at 15.00 CET) won't be broadcasted live, but will be delayed on Sunday (9:00am CET). Still don't know about other three games next week.

I hope I didn't make any mistakes, I used google translator on this link:
                      http://www.tvwu.com/chinatvguide/cctv5-sports.htm

Comment

Here you can watch all the games of Stanković Cup.

Slovenia : NBDL Team 94:86 (73:58, 52:36, 29:25)
                        Slovenia: Ćapin 21, Preldžić 17, Vidmar 13, Jagodnik 13, Lorbek 11, Dragić 9, Čebular 5, Rizvić 3, Klobučar 2.

Uroš Slokar didn't play because of an injury.
                        Last edited by elaj; 07-28-2007, 03:18 PM.

Comment

top 5 actions from the game.

that website would be great, if it wasn't for chinese letters

Comment

China : Slovenia 76:80 (21:25, 16:21, 18:21, 21:13)
                            Slovenia: Čebular 9, Preldžić 2, Ćapin 11, Dragić 4, Klobučar 0, Slokar 0, Jagodnik 17, D. Lorbek 10, Rizvić 6, Vidmar 21.

Vidmar and other fellas made fun of poor Yi Jianlian. Yi Jianlian is such a whiner, acts like a star, but plays like an amateur. Slovenia led for already +17 points in this game. The final score really doesn't show the performance of both teams. Slovenia again played without injured Uroš Slokar.
                            Last edited by elaj; 07-29-2007, 01:06 PM.

Comment

I am so angry, that Olimpija let go Vidmar. He would be a superstar in Olimpija in a year or two. And I can't believe that we lost to this team+Yao on WC. And I must say that Rizvic is totally useless and I really can't figure out why he got called before Pavic. I'm quite surprised with Cebular's play. I think Becirovic maybe made a mistake to let him go. Olimpija should loan him not release him IMO.

Comment

That were my thoughts exactly... I like Vidmar more everyime I see him and the way it looked like today, If Yi was a lottery pick Vidmar should've been a no.1 ... and on the contrary he doesn't have a birth date issues either
                                The dissapointment of Vidmar not being in Olimpija will grow every time we'll see him play...

Agreed on Čebula as well, maybee Memi was relying too much on summer league when most guys were probably out of shape. It's not that Čebular was shineing this game, but he would be usefull in a year or two, eventhough he has some weknesses he'll probably never fix, I don't agree with letting those players go, especially if the team is than not able to bring talents like Preldžič, Klobučar, Dragič and Vidmar...

I have to add that I like the attitude of Jagodnik, he surely doesn't lack motive as Milič, Maravič and Nachbar had an advantage in front of him in NT for the past few years.

But overall it was just a preparation game, i'm surprised our C team (practically ) did so well at this time, but consequently I am even more surprised how in the world we lost to China at the world championship.

Once again Čapin vs. Preldžič will be a tough choice, but Čapin clearly has an advantage nevermind he won't be able to perform like that vs. top euro PG's...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information