Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt Filipovski would go there...he has better options as an assisting coach...what can he learn from Mahoric?!...last year Filipovski had an offer from Ivkovic, Barcelona...I thinks this year he will also aim for something similiar...you must remember Filipovski was also screwed by Olimpija...now even twice!

Also I doubt he will work with Mahoric as he would only make him look good instead of making himself a great career...which he is capable of...he is just underestimated in public as he doesn't like media attention and is not a politician like Mahoric...I still believe Filipovski was major factor when Olimpija almost got to the F4 "with" Mahoric...you must take into account he was working for years with all those players as Sagadin's assistent coach...even before Mahoric came as head coach in season 2002/2003...he knew the player and system they builded with Sagadin...Mahoric came that year as an outsider after few years not working in Olimpija.

For me Filipovski deserves more of a chance as he took the role of head coach in circumstances no-one would...he also came back with Sagadin to save the club from devestation...and he is one of most talented young coaches...he proved his love for the club many times...and his results were great if you take into account low-budget, motivating players without paychecks, etc...hope he doesn't take some stupid role in one of Polish-a-like teams.
    Last edited by DZK; 06-15-2006, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Goran Jurak (PF/C-203 cm-77') was reportedly close signing to Olimpija, some say he is too expensive (Sagadin was on shoping spree again ) some say that with the change of coach there still is possibility to sign him...

as far as I am concerned fighters as Jurak are always welcome in Olimpija, I just hope he'd be within financial reach...
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
        Goran Jurak (PF/C-203 cm-77') was reportedly close signing to Olimpija, some say he is too expensive (Sagadin was on shoping spree again ) some say that with the change of coach there still is possibility to sign him...

as far as I am concerned fighters as Jurak are always welcome in Olimpija, I just hope he'd be within financial reach...
        Zmago Sagadin already offered him 2 years contract and he confirmed it, he would have signed the contract in few days, but because of Zmago Sagadin's departure, management blocked the contract and so situation about his contract is unknown. I hope Tomo Mahorič will also convince Goran Jurak to join Union Olimpija for at least two seasons.

Comment

I must admit I'm not a big fan of Jurak. He is just a role player and he will never be anything more than that. I prefer Zupan on PF than him, but since Zupan's arrival is unlikely for now, I guess Jurak will fit PF position well. Too bad Olimpija didn't fight for Todor Gecevski, because his contract expired this year, but I heard he signed for Zadar for another 2 years last week. I hope Mahoric will find some center, that could actually play in EL.
          "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

Originally posted by boki
            I must admit I'm not a big fan of Jurak. He is just a role player and he will never be anything more than that. I prefer Zupan on PF than him, <cut>
            I share my opinion with you till here.
            I think Zupan is available meaning it is possible to buy his contract. Rajgelj has always had a sence for business.

Comment

I'm a fan of Zupan as well, but considering the experience they both have and since Jurak is already prooven at such level, while Zupan's ability to adapt is questionable, I think selecting Jurak is much safer move right now... while in the long term I'd definately prefer Zupan...
              That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Zmago Sagadin was again doing some crazy moves while he was at Olimpija. He was offering 300.000€ per season to Goran Jurak. Ofcourse the deal was blocked by the management of the club.

Comment

Originally posted by elaj
                  Zmago Sagadin was again doing some crazy moves while he was at Olimpija. He was offering 300.000€ per season to Goran Jurak. Ofcourse the deal was blocked by the management of the club.
                  well thank god it was... for that price buyout for Zupan could be payed combined with his salary...
                  today I'e read so many things about Olimpija in newspapers, that I've almost mixed up most things...
                  -Slovan's GM Rajgelj claims that Olimpija only has 0.3 mio € left from 1.2 mio € budget for players (unlike the recent reports in media claiming the spendings for players will be around 1.5 mio €)

-cooperation between Slovan and Olimpija was very close, but they couldn't get to agreement with buyouts. When Dragič and Zupan would be sold Slovan's management demanded the whole buyouts for themselves... just the fact Rajgelj discussed the possibilities makes me believe there was a huge pressure from Slovan's sponsors to get to an agreement...

-Ranniko has time untill 15th july to answer if he'd be in the team next season as well... so far he was saying he'd love to stay and wants to play one more season along Milič... but in the end it might turn out a bit differently when some foreign club will offer him 2-3 times more than he is earning in Olimpija.

Comment

Union Olimpija signed 3 years contract with 24 years old and 206cm tall power forward Miha Zupan from Geoplin Slovan.

Comment

Union Olimpija signed 3 years contract with 24 years old and 206cm tall power forward Miha Zupan from Geoplin Slovan.
                      Yeah baby, thats what we were waiting for I guess Rizvic is on his way to Slovan. Maybe Pipan will help Rizvic to find his way again.
                      "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

finally... I think Olimpija was inevitable decision, but I am glad he is comming over already- if? of course, he didn't ask Slovan anything about it, eventhough he still has 2 years remaining... hopefully it'll turn out fine...

depends on the buyout, but it might just happen that Olimpija won't have much more money to spend this offseason if we're believing Rajgelj who claimed Olimpija only has 300.000 € left for the rest of the players...

I was happy when we got Milič but it was kind of expected in a way, so this is the best news of this offseason
                        Last edited by Joško Poljak Fan; 06-23-2006, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
                          depends on the buyout, but it might just happen that Olimpija won't have much more money to spend this offseason if we're believing Rajgelj who claimed Olimpija only has 300.000 € left for the rest of the players...
                          I don't believe it. Money issues are a secret here, so who on earth would release the exact numbers to a candidate for a job who still has a valid contract with an opponent company/club. In general, let alone in Rajgelj's case.

Comment

OMG, what is Olimpija's management doing again??? They announced signing Zupan knowing he still has contract with Slovan without buyout agreement? Why would they do that? Maybe Zupan has some clauses in his contract, but why would Rajgelj be so upset then? Damn I hate that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by boki
                              OMG, what is Olimpija's management doing again??? They announced signing Zupan knowing he still has contract with Slovan without buyout agreement? Why would they do that? Maybe Zupan has some clauses in his contract, but why would Rajgelj be so upset then? Damn I hate that stuff.
                              i am kind of assuming Tau did the same thing with Dragič (sign him evenhough still under contract)... might be that Slovan didn't pay all they should...

Comment

Teemu Rannikko extended the contract with Union Olimpija for the next two seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information