No announcement yet.

Adriatic League 2013/2014.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i was taking care about compactness of the team, and because of that, there is no some of the players that you mentioned..
    but lets take step by step...

pg
    as we all know warren is no brainer, because he is a pure pg... so the question is, who is the 2nd pg...
    nelson, although is not pure pg, is doing the job... and he is also definitely the best defender in the league at that position... if we look his stats in el this year, we will see that he had 11pt, 4rb and 3 as + good defending(which cannot be seen in stats).. and for someone who is not pure pg, that's a pretty nice achievement, to say at least...
    and i also pick him instead of smith, because nelson is a team player
    and i put micic, because he is a future, but still in this moment can help with his assists..

sg
    bogdanovic is no brainer, and he also can play as a pg...
    as you mentiod, there is a lot options for 2nd sg, but i choose blazic, because he always are present in the game, no matter what.. he brings a lot of energy, and know to play for the team.. i didn't pick dj, because he looks like he choosing which game he wants to play.. on the other hand, jenkins is very good, but he is not pure pg, and he is kinda similar to warren but warren is better in organization...

sf
    milosavljevic is also no brainer.. for gailius its same case like for dj..
    about schilb.. you making a big mistake.. schilb is one of the best swing mans in europe... in zvezda he is practical with role of a 1st organizer(as we said nelson is not pure pg, same as jenkins, and cvetkovic is just limited).. and because of that all team opponents, guard schilb with 2 players.. so, with one shoot ,they killing our organization and at the same time, his offensive capabilities... but for example, with warren at pg and with saric at pf, it will looks a lot lot better, and he`ll be more deadly for opponents...
    muric could also be a good choice, but i already have bogdanovic, jaka, milosavljevic, which play defense and general with big energy..
    so my pick was schilb(although he is not brilliant in defence), who is definitely most creative player at that position and also with "good hand"...

pf
    lauvergne and saric... all clear

c
    i`am shocked that you choose gagic
    anyway.. obvious marjanovic size can be a nice weapon if you know how to use it... in zvezda, in offense, more or less he is doing his job, but in defence he still is terribly+he don't have side help in zvezda... but with lauvergne and saric by himself, it will be different story...
    and then again, i`am shocked that you choose gagic and not even mentioned zizic or planinic...
    zizic is to old, be still he is one of best centers in league(at least in offense)... plalinic is kinda pekovic style player, but i`ll choose nurkic, because he has got a lot more potential..
    katic is a one big hole in defense, so no... omic, akindele, musli kinda all of them are similar, but also no...
    so my doubt about 3rd centar was about planinc or jokic, but i choose jokic, because he is also a future and can play on 4/5.. gagic was not even option

so, i thinks that this team has all.. strong defense, enough points and assists, rebounds not to mention, and also a lot of youth...
    Nelson, Warren
    Blazic, Bogdanovic
    Schilb, Milosavljevic
    Lauvergne, Saric
    Marjanovic, Nurkic
    + two youngsters Micic and Jokic

for example, imagine how will look defense with nelson, bogdanovic, milosavljevic, lauvergne and marjanovic on the court?
    and still, in offense, this team has a huge potential..
    Last edited by AmonRA; 12-21-2013, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• How much they cost?
      4th in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction game!

Comment

• Originally posted by AmonRA View Post
        what would be your dream team from ABA league? This would be mine

Nelson, Warren
        Blazic, Bogdanovic
        Schilb, Milosavljevic
        Lauvergne, Saric
        Marjanovic, Nurkic
        + two youngsters Micic and Jokic

Easy Top16 team in EL, at least
        If Partizan made it in Top16 this team will make it to the F4

Comment

• @AmonRa & Josko Poljak Fan
          Are we talking about only players that have played during this season? I would put Bertrans somewhere in there, of course if he gets back in his full shape, and I believe he will. That guy was the decision maker for Partizan last season.

Comment

• @Milos.. yup, only this season...

Originally posted by Dr. Martin View Post
            If Partizan made it in Top16 this team will make it to the F4
            yes, but it`s obvious, that they had a lot luck with all others results in their group...

Comment

• After injury of Mitrovic, Tejic jump from out nowhere..
              He was starter in last two games, 1st one against Rytas in Vilnus (4 pt, 2rb, 1 as for 15 minutes), and today against Cibona(10 pt, 2/3 for 3, 2 rb and 1 as for 15 minutes)..
              He got problems with fouls, but it's understandable, because he is only 18 years old... Generally he looks much better than Ristic, who is in top 10 international prospects(`95 generation)..
              So I think, that club will not bring replacement for Mitrovic.. We will probably waiting for Mitrovic, and in that period Tejic and Ristic will get much more space..

By the way, what an animal is Nelson, a true Admiral

Comment

After injury of Mitrovic, Tejic jump from out nowhere..
                He was starter in last two games, 1st one against Rytas in Vilnus (4 pt, 2rb, 1 as for 15 minutes), and today against Cibona(10 pt, 2/3 for 3, 2 rb and 1 as for 15 minutes)..
                He got problems with fouls, but it's understandable, because he is only 18 years old... Generally he looks much better than Ristic, who is in top 10 international prospects(`95 generation)..
                So I think, that club will not bring replacement for Mitrovic.. We will probably waiting for Mitrovic, and in that period Tejic and Ristic will get much more space..

By the way, what an animal is Nelson, a true Admiral
                I'm happy to see Tejic making a good use of his minutes in these couple of games. I agree, from these two Tejic seemed like a better prospect, though I like Ristic mostly because of sharing the same birthday (only he's a decade younger )
                Last edited by Milos.Djuric; 12-24-2013, 02:09 AM.

Comment

• @Josko
                  What is your opinion or maybe information, will Krka let Muric to Partizan?

Comment

@Milos.. yup, only this season...

yes, but it`s obvious, that they had a lot luck with all others results in their group...
                    One fixed result..... But its good for ABA to have a team in TOP16...
                    Partizan will be have to choose ABA or EL, if they choose EL, it will be hard for them to make it to the F4 in ABA and miss EL next season.

Comment

@Josko
                      What is your opinion or maybe information, will Krka let Muric to Partizan?
                      Murić reportedly wants to switch clubs, did so in the offseason as well, but the whole buyout market was pretty poor back than. Krka hasn't yet made it clear if they would let him go or not, obviously they don't really have any replacement for him, so my guess is they'll decide considering the buyout just like in the summer.

I disagree about Partizan though, they've suffered a lot without Westerman, Tepić will take care of things within a while and I believe they can manage to hold on in ABA even if they'll spend a lot of energy in euroleague.
                      Cedevita isn't a bad team, especialy defensive potential of some individuals is intriguing. Both teams scored more points in the last minute and a half than in the rest of the 4th quarter though, was a pretty decent game. Majority of other ABA teams apart from Partizan+Zvezda aren't on Cedevita's level anyway, so that game isn't realy indicating Partizan would fall out of F4 imo.

Szolnoki was pretty frustrated against Krka's defense, they've been able to play like that through the season beforehand, however Bečirovič is the true difference maker there being by far most experienced player in the league right now and it'll be interesting to see how things would be going with his shape improving further (as he reportedly claims he has some reserves before he gets there).

Olimpija looked incredible vs. Zadar, while Pipan claimed that was more due to their bad performance and not as much due to Olimpija performing well. It's about time to get away from that last place in the league.
                      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Originally posted by Milos.Djuric View Post
                        @AmonRa & Josko Poljak Fan
                        Are we talking about only players that have played during this season? I would put Bertrans somewhere in there, of course if he gets back in his full shape, and I believe he will. That guy was the decision maker for Partizan last season.
                        I forgot about him he definately deserves to be there, when healthy.

@AmonRa, yeah I was also kind of making a team with my preferences, not neccesarily the strongest one. I do like Nelson as sort of a backup PG for defensive tasks and such Warren and Smith are kind of too simmilar players to have in one team, for my taste, variety doesn't hurt, especialy on the PG.
                        I am not the biggest fan of Schilb to be honest. As I've stated earlier I believe Zvezda would get to top16 in a blink of an eye even in this group if it wasn't either for Schilb (let alone if a player of Milosavljević level f.e. would be there instead) or Radonjić actualy not organizing as much of the game through him, making it completely static, predictable and in cases when shots weren't dropping relatively unneficient. Such stuff works sometimes, he does have some good games, but they don't make up for the difficulties described above in my opinion as basing the game through him won't work against the best teams, especialy with some good traditional long defensive SF's in the opponent team which definately showed with his +- statistic in some of the games and the fact that 3 of the EL games he has played the least Zvezda won (4th win being 5th least minutes for him). But anyway that's just my opinion based on my pretty specific expectations on how players are supposed to play.
                        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Martin View Post
                          One fixed result..... But its good for ABA to have a team in TOP16...
                          Partizan will be have to choose ABA or EL, if they choose EL, it will be hard for them to make it to the F4 in ABA and miss EL next season.
                          I disagree, they don't need to choose anything... Zvezda will definitely be in first 4(precisely 1st or 2nd).. And if we look table, players etc, its obvious, that another "sure" teams on F4 will be Partizan and Cedevita... The only question is who will be 4th team, Buducnost or Igokea...
                          And if Partizan tabs Muric or someone else, they will be the strongest team in ABA, although they are right now also favorites..

Comment

• 40/25 62%

Szolnoki - Zadar 1 - home court
                            C. zvezda - Siroki 1 - easy win
                            Olimpija - MZT 1 - overtime
                            Buducnost - Krka 1 - home court
                            Igokea - Partizan 2 - another fixed game
                            Cedevita - Mega V. 1 - easy win
                            Radnicki - Cibona 1 - Radnicki finally

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
                            Last edited by Dr. Martin; 12-25-2013, 10:19 AM. Reason: Merry Christmas

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Martin View Post
                              Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
                              +1

Comment

• After Zizic and Planinic, Cibona terminated contracts with DJ and Janning... So, nothing of F4 for them...

Dj was offered to Zvezda, but board doesn't want him, we have to many players on that position...
                                And for Janning, Buducnost is showing interest, we will see...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information