Jonas Valančiūnas thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Modis View Post
    He doesn't really care much he always seemed that type of laid back personality-wise dude.
    Come on, man. Valanciunas actually cares about basketball, but I don't see why his coach in Canada is reducing his minutes and keeping him on the bench as a starter.
    Proud to be a BC Vilniaus Rytas fan, a part of the LKL fan community, and a fan for the Lithuanian National Men's Basketball Team

#KartuMesRYTAS

Comment

• Before last game JV was 3rd in FG attempts, 2nd in FT attempts per 36 minutes and 3rd in usage, everythere behind DeRozan and CJ Miles and ahead of chucker Lowry

Raptors currently are 4th in NBA in assists per game (30th last year)
      The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• It's a paradox really with JV's situation as Raptors apparently don't need his services anymore, as most of the league has gone to small ball and there are very few teams with old school true centers anymore...on the other hand, come playoff time and with slowed down tempo of the game and few less possessions centers like JV become invaluable to any team out there. I call this current situation in NBA just a fad which is gonna fade away with time when Warriors and Cavs will not be contenders anymore and most of the teams will return to traditional lineups instead of trying to copy those two powerhouses...all things considered, JV's trade still can't come soon enough if a guy still cares more about his basketball career rather than just millions in the bank account

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax View Post
          It's a paradox really with JV's situation as Raptors apparently don't need his services anymore, as most of the league has gone to small ball and there are very few teams with old school true centers anymore...on the other hand, come playoff time and with slowed down tempo of the game and few less possessions centers like JV become invaluable to any team out there. I call this current situation in NBA just a fad which is gonna fade away with time when Warriors and Cavs will not be contenders anymore and most of the teams will return to traditional lineups instead of trying to copy those two powerhouses...all things considered, JV's trade still can't come soon enough if a guy still cares more about his basketball career rather than just millions in the bank account
          If anything, it looks like his minutes on the court is fading slower compared to the minutes Donatas Motiejunas had in the NBA. From what I have read, there were rumours that Valanciunas was going to be waived to the Grizzlies. But if a basketball player like him cares much about his career, then what is his coach going to think otherwise? Just because he's part of the lineup does not mean he will get more minutes. A coach like Dwayne Casey may or may not think this way, but from what I know, it seems like Casey is not relying on Valanciunas that much.
          Proud to be a BC Vilniaus Rytas fan, a part of the LKL fan community, and a fan for the Lithuanian National Men's Basketball Team

#KartuMesRYTAS

Comment

• Last 2 games: 50 minutes, 32 points, 23 assists, shooting 9/11 2/2 6/6. Right now JV is almost qualified for 50-40-90 club, all he has to do to really qualify is to shoot more 3s

Comment

• Best pg in the league?

Comment

• more like the most underrated and underappreciated player in the league...

Comment

• Man JV only knows how to fight. I guess that's a way to stand out when you get 2 rebounds in 20 minutes

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenWhite View Post
                    Man JV only knows how to fight. I guess that's a way to stand out when you get 2 rebounds in 20 minutes

Valanciunas rarely fights with opponents, but that fight with Russell Westbrook was interesting for me to watch. It almost reminded me of the time the NT fought against USA after the game three years ago.

#KartuMesRYTAS

Comment

• OK, here's the thing, I don't watch Raptors any more. But I watched highlights and I've seen Jonas that I've missed for a long time. That is 19yo Jonas who wants to fight, to hustle, to dunk on people. Seriously, he has been playing like a living dead for 2,5 seasons now and now this performance, finally there's a heart on the court. 20pts in 3rd quarter:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                      Last edited by Straight forward; 01-07-2018, 02:28 AM.
                      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                      Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                        OK, here's the thing, I don't watch Raptors any more. But I watched highlights and I've seen Jonas that I've missed for a long time. That is 19yo Jonas who wants to fight, to hustle, to dunk on people. Seriously, he has been playing like a living dead for 2,5 seasons now and now this performance, finally there's a heart on the court. 20pts in 3rd quarter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlGJVsT1dbA
                        20 pts and 13 boards in ONE quarter...I guess all of the other time coach Casey was trying to match up with Bucks by playing small ball lol. Can't wait until the guy is traded

Comment

20 pts and 13 boards in ONE quarter...I guess all of the other time coach Casey was trying to match up with Bucks by playing small ball lol. Can't wait until the guy is traded

2 fouls in first 2 minutes. Also 4 rebounds in 2nd quarter

Comment

OK, here's the thing, I don't watch Raptors any more. But I watched highlights and I've seen Jonas that I've missed for a long time. That is 19yo Jonas who wants to fight, to hustle, to dunk on people. Seriously, he has been playing like a living dead for 2,5 seasons now and now this performance, finally there's a heart on the court. 20pts in 3rd quarter:

Nothing special. Still slow as always, though he did looked ok on that Thon Maker pnr coverage. Offense as usuall just got some loose balls and more touches. I expect him to be something like 12 & 7 the next game...

Comment

A player like Valanciunas who scores 20 points in the third quarter shows an improvement from a rough first half.

#KartuMesRYTAS

Comment

I don't know if he will be traded because his talents in Toronto have been changing since he was drafted. He might have a long season with the Raptors, just like Dirk Nowitzki who is now in his 20th year with the Mavericks.

#KartuMesRYTAS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information