This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Modis View Post
    He's going to still participate in Brooklyn's training camp soon, after that we will know if he plays for them the upcoming season. I dont think he did well enough to impress someone, for the last SM game he sat the whole time on the bench his chances would be much better in Europe.
    Ok, thanks man.

Comment

• Now that Vaidas Kariniauskas has made the final fourteen at Team Lietuva's training camp, what do you think the chances are of him landing a spot on a team playing in Euroleague or at least for the EuroCup?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
        Now that Vaidas Kariniauskas has made the final fourteen at Team Lietuva's training camp, what do you think the chances are of him landing a spot on a team playing in Euroleague or at least for the EuroCup?

His chances should be good at Eurocup.
        Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
        FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
        FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
          Now that Vaidas Kariniauskas has made the final fourteen at Team Lietuva's training camp, what do you think the chances are of him landing a spot on a team playing in Euroleague or at least for the EuroCup?

Him staying with NT team for the rest of prelims . I think his value will increase with every minute he plays or trains with NT team.
          With a good agent - plus he wants to play a lot.
          Spanish second division. Lower end team of Italian or Greek league. Maybe Germany and I would not mInd France l but we never get players in first division . Our better players in NKL just start in division 3 if they are lucky.
          Turkey - yes,but who would go there ? Unless money. So that is possible.
          Bad/ mediocre agent.
          Poland , Latvia or even Romania or Hungary.
          And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

• It's not a good feeling, when you see Varnas playing just like an average player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
              It's not a good feeling, when you see Varnas playing just like an average player.
              Well he's not a top prospect, that's pretty clear now, he lacks toughness and consistency, some fundamental layout of his game decisions wise. When he's having and A or A+ game, he looks like flashiest guard we've seen in many years, including alley ups, crazy drives to the basket and dunks, fancy no look passes, fading shots, but generally I found Grigonis for example as more serious player at that level. He is less flashier, but he had that consistency and that very important attribute in the PRO level - ability to make right plays, right decision, play after play - and that's why Grigonis game was more complete, more consistent at that level. However, Varnas is 19yo among 20yo now and he seem to me like unpolished pearl and while his floor is lower than Grigonis at that this level, but his ceiling still might be higher, IMO.
              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
              Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                Well he's not a top prospect, that's pretty clear now, he lacks toughness and consistency, some fundamental layout of his game decisions wise. When he's having and A or A+ game, he looks like flashiest guard we've seen in many years, including alley ups, crazy drives to the basket and dunks, fancy no look passes, fading shots, but generally I found Grigonis for example as more serious player at that level. He is less flashier, but he had that consistency and that very important attribute in the PRO level - ability to make right plays, right decision, play after play - and that's why Grigonis game was more complete, more consistent at that level. However, Varnas is 19yo among 20yo now and he seem to me like unpolished pearl and while his floor is lower than Grigonis at that this level, but his ceiling still might be higher, IMO.
                Well, 3 years ago i though he could be a top prospect - he was athletic 16 y.o. kid with solid 3pt shot. And yes, he is too inconsistent. As for Grigonis, he left Zalgiris for Spain - it seems like a good decision. Varnas stayed in Kaunas that may not be a good place for talented youngsters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                  Well, 3 years ago i though he could be a top prospect - he was athletic 16 y.o. kid with solid 3pt shot. And yes, he is too inconsistent. As for Grigonis, he left Zalgiris for Spain - it seems like a good decision. Varnas stayed in Kaunas that may not be a good place for talented youngsters.
                  Well to be fair, Grigonis left Zalgiris at the same age like Varnas now. Varnas can still make a right decision, like having plenty of time in LKL or going to the second division of ACB for next season.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Then Grigonis played with older team (u18 as 17 YO) he averaged 5,9 pts, 2 points in first 3 games
                    The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• A major setback for Varnas, he is injured and out for the rest of the championship. I was almost sure we have a second upcoming young prospect to fill in that SG gap with now Grigonis but his career is not going as well as we taught it will. What do you guys think of his chances on being invited into the NT camp for 2017 Eurobasket.
                      Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
                      FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
                      FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modis View Post
                        A major setback for Varnas, he is injured and out for the rest of the championship. I was almost sure we have a second upcoming young prospect to fill in that SG gap with now Grigonis but his career is not going as well as we taught it will. What do you guys think of his chances on being invited into the NT camp for 2017 Eurobasket.
                        0, unless new coach starts massive youth movement

Comment

• What's with complaining about Varnas career? It didn't even begun yet, he's 19yo And he's doing fine. Not a top prospect, but still one of the most intriguing Lithuanian youngsters, specially that he is SG and he is versatile.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                            What's with complaining about Varnas career? It didn't even begun yet, he's 19yo And he's doing fine. Not a top prospect, but still one of the most intriguing Lithuanian youngsters, specially that he is SG and he is versatile.
                            Nothing strange. IMO few years ago he looked more promising than is doing now.

Lithuanian U20 NT managed to play the best game so far without Varnas in 1/8 vs Finland. Paliukenas and Echodas were good.
                            Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 07-20-2016, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Regimantas Miniotas signs with Vytautas. Probably ideal Seskus' PF

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                                Regimantas Miniotas signs with Vytautas. Probably ideal Seskus' PF
                                You know what ? I was thinking the same thing today.
                                And i was asking myself why Zalgiris did not extend him .
                                He is not that fast ,but mobile ,he has a great shooting range and leads a team by a margin in rebounding . Defends well .
                                But he lacks good judgement and discipline . Or _ he makes silly decisions times and times again .
                                Overall ,very average player ,with not that much prospect which nowadays makes him not good enough for Zalgiris main team .
                                But i think with Seskus he might prosper . Cheap,tall and versatile young player ,who is looking to prove himself - he will have many opportunities to do so in Prienai team .
                                And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information