Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straight forward
    replied
    Kariniauskas in LKL playoffs: 3 games, 2,3to, 1,6as, 0,3eff.

Tell me that Maksvytis is not a cancer for LTU basketball, please?

Leave a comment:

• Straight forward
    replied
    "My parents both played pro basketball in Lithuania, they really gave up their dreams to come here and make a family so I really want to represent where they came from and Lithuania basketball is a religion and you know we trying to win a gold medal, they might qualify for Olympics this year so it's really exciting"

"I mean their fan base is crazy, they like bleed basketball, bleed Lithuanian basketball, I really want to help them as much as I can, even if I don't play, even if I play 5 minutes, I'm representing the country that I am originally from"

First line probably shows that Buzelis doesn't see himself in qualification tournament ("they"). I think it more or less overlap with his NBA draft and all. He could come only when there's 5 days left till qualification or so if I'm not mistaken, so I think it's out of question. But the second line is most important. It shows that he understands situations and sees pretty well his current status. He doesn't imagine that he would come now and be big star. He just expresses that will to represent LTU regardless the role and that's great thing to hear. His attitude is good.

And he said top 3 players that he watches are Franz Wagner, Paul George and Andrey Krilenko. I mean you get the sense dude is not your random "I like Kobe and Jordan" kind guy which is sign of maturity as well and sign of rather developed self-reflection.

Leave a comment:

• Straight forward
    replied
    Good talk on NT from these guys as always. I will say few things that I noticed:

Purlys (not word by word): "Augustas was passing well last year in reserve NT, but he still lacked the shot, now he improved that possibly" Yes, but Kariniauskas last summer also didn't have a shot. Kariniauskas could never shoot generally. He shot 7 thees in 8 games which means he basically doesn't shoot , he made 3 threes in whole tournament. So why are we taking double standards? Look how Kariniauskas looks now in playoffs of LKL. Complete trash. 0,5eff, 3tos, 2,5as. Vet dude has more turnovers than assists. It's pathetic. He can't play nor LKL, nor Eurocup. And such trash already made NT fucking twice. Amazing.

I agree with guys that Lekavicius just to vulnerable defensively open target. Yes, Kariniauskas against slower guards has much more D, cause he has bigger size and more contact. But against agile guards Kariniauskas is absolutely useless. They blow by him like a wind. I think Kariniauskas is the most overrated LTU player ever. Like OMG, we still talking about him. He can't freakin' play against Neptunas. Hello.

I agree with guys that if Butkevicius is not 100% ready we should take either Sirvydis or R. Giedraitis in his place (I would without single doubt take Sirvydis). Purlys took R. Giedraitis which seemed very strange to me (he called him reliable shooter, well...we seen that in the NT...). I also agree with Purlys that Ulanovas should play at 4 now mainly. And I agree with both Gecevicius and Purlys that Tubelis should go as combo and D-Mo should stay at home.

I think back-up PG should be the decision between Lekavicius and Marciulionis and I personally have Marciulionis ATM, while Lekavicius is my B plan.

Mine and Gecevicius/Purlys final 12 are very similar, we just disagree on 1 player. Here's mine:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis
    Grigonis, Brazdeikis, D. Giedraitis
    Butkevicius, Kuzminskas
    Sedekerskis, Ulanovas, Tubelis
    Sabonis, Valanciunas

And there's only 2 conditions (ifs): if Butkevicius is not 100% ready, I take Sirvydis. If Marciulionis shows obvious signs that mentally he's not ready, take Lekavicius.

Where Maksvytis will most likely fail and he almost named that in press comf already - he will take D-Mo in. 3 big centers in post center era. And he most likely will ignore good looking Marciulionis. I just hope that he wouldn't be crazy enough to cut down D. Giedraitis. That would be the fail of the decade. He already has sensational fails with cutting Sedekerskis in 2022 and D. Giedraitis in 2023, but if he cuts him now, that would be total mental illness territory...

Pity for Sirvydis who is balling like crazy now with 24ppg in playoffs, but if Butkevicius IN, he will have to rest this summer. In 2025 he will be one of scoring leaders when there won't be Grigonis most likely, but now it's still probably makes more sense to go with vet Kuzminskas. We have to give respect for him and his trigger has been great in both 2022 and 2023 recently.

PS: The way Tomas Purlys is thinking, I want him to be NT coach one day. I don't know about the tactics, but he seems to be spot on with roster's selection. And OMG Maksvytis is sucking at this like I could never imagine. The way Purlys understands contemporary BB and how he selects the rosters, I always almost always like. I want him to win U18 gold this summer and to get hired in LKL somewhere. Maybe he can grow into decent coach. We need that kind of thinking coaches. He's not your typical oldschool provincial as Maksvytis.

Daugiau apie rinktinę: www.osportas.lt00:00:00 – Įžanga 00:04:30 – Maksvytis vienoje kėdėje 00:07:10 – Didelis pasirinkimas gerai ar blogai? 00:09:30 – Jokub...

Leave a comment:

• Straight forward
    replied
    You're missing the point and just try to defend JV by any cost as usual.

FOA, we talk about all tournament, not some separate games. SGA totally dominated WC. Totally. He had 30.5eff per game. Nor Bogi not Avramovic could be there at that level.

JVs efficiency dropped compared to 2022. He was much worse. Slower, less explosive etc. So Milutinov's efficiency overall in WC was higher and Goga (small role player in the NBA) as well.

That win against USA was nice, but it was meaningless, no pressure game for LTU. In 2022 there was no games like that at all. Every game mattered and mattered a lot.

If 2023 gave any hope, it was proper development of Jokubaitis, Sedekerskis, Brazdeikis. That's all. USA badly coached, basically uncoached at all, they didn't do any scouting basically, maybe only against the key players. They are lucky they sneaked in to semis actually.

I personally very well remember 2008 team and it's any time way better team than 2010. They nearly took down Spain in semis with Pau and all. As well as I know that 2022 was much stronger than 2023.

Leave a comment:

• Shawshank
    replied
    Im saying every single nba player can be easily outplayed in one particular game in 2020s fiba levels.

How manny time we saw Domas being outplayed in one particular game by Yabusele/Cancar PF types? more than once or twice.

In semifinal backup serbian euroleague guard Avramovic did very good job defensively with top 5 nba player Shai holding him to like 14pts and and Bogdanovich killed Canada offensively again with 20pts+game

Bogdanovich is better than Shai because of one semifinal game?

I dont get what is your point cherry picking bad one nba players games (that you clearly hating on) and you imagine that other nba players dont get outplayed on fiba floor?

2022 2-4 15th place beat nobody
    2023 6-2 6th place beat top 4 team Usa

this is cold facts of team achievements that how those 2 teams will be remembered in history books.

I liked how 2023 team played way more than how our 2022 team played.Not just the results,but playing style and emotions on team.

2023 NT gave hope for lithuania fans that miracle can happen

Nobody cares that 2022 had more tallent if they couldnt even win 50% of played games. 2022 team left bad taste in the fans eyes

LTU 2008 was way more talented than 2010.But no doubt 2010 team is remembered way more
    Last edited by Shawshank; 05-15-2024, 04:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Straight forward
    replied
    LOL, no. FOA, what it has to do with JV? I'm talking about individual performance overall in WC. Milutinov and Bitatze Goga were both better than JV in WC. That says a lot.

And no, level wise 2023 NT was no-where close 2022. It's a fact. The lack of Sabonis, Grigonis, Butkevicius was huge. 2022 team was going head to head with top disciplined teams, medal worthy teams. 2023 team was swept by medal worthy team.

Dude, come on. Think before you write something.

Leave a comment:

• Shawshank
    replied
    Serbia was 2 shots away from winning gold.

Loosing to Serbia and their clearly better roster was normal objective results. Those 2023 rosters could play series and Serbia would win it 4-1 or 4-2.

2023 world championship was by far best LTU NT results in 2017-2023 years. Both by 6th place and by shown basketball and hope NT fans again had.

NT lost that particular game because Bogdanovich 21pts and Petrusev 17pts beat the shit of their matchups that day.

LTU NT simply plays better as a team with one alpha nba center

.Maybe it can end being a plus for NT overall (without Jonas) how it ended up being a plus in 2023 summer (without Domas)

Leave a comment:

• Straight forward
    replied
    Regarding qualification, it's probably for the better if JV skips. That drop defense against Italy and PR...No thanks.

In Olympics itself, JV would still be useful probably. Even though in WC he couldn't beat Milutinov and was worse player than him overall. He's overrated. Except 2011-2015 stretch, JV always was overrated in NT context. Now he's vastly overrated, even though some fans don't expect much anymore (like me). He literally was worse than Milutinov. And knowing Milutinov defensive abilities, he was way better than JV. Nothing to take away from Milutinov who is elite EL ceter, but we still talk about JV as good NBA player blah blah blah. In FIBA he's worse than Milutinov. That's how it is.
    Last edited by Straight forward; 05-15-2024, 09:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Shawshank
    replied
    Valanciunas saying his chances play in olympic qualification tournament 50/50. Reading entire interview i would say it sounded its even less.

When players says i never decline to play for NT its never good sign.

Nba free agents is risking loosing entire contract playing if getting injured before free agency that starts July 1st.

I was asking same question how Valanciunas gonna play in June games if he can sign new contracts only starting from july 1st ?

situation looks right now Valanciunas wont play in qualification and will be avalaible to play in olympics in NT will qualife
    Last edited by Shawshank; 05-15-2024, 04:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Straight forward
    replied
    Seems like Divincenzo out. It's good, he's really balling in the NBA now. If Fontecchio is also out, I think Puerto Rico becomes the team to beat.

Leave a comment:

• Straight forward
    replied
    Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
    Lekavicius,Dimsa,D.Giedraitis to help main guards
    Lekavicius and Dimsa are mediocre at D. We seen how Dimsa worked on Serbians. It was an easy walk in the park. We need elite defenders. And that's Marciulionis and D. Giedraitis.

With mediocre players, you get mediocre results. Maybe that's what you wish. My wish is to build winning team, maybe not instantly, but we by no means can continue to ignore talent. We became pathetic BB province. We stuck. Talent should be integrated with determination. Kazys made more than enough harm already.

Leave a comment:

• Shawshank
    replied

Why are you brining Kariniauskas like broken Radio in every conversation ? im talking about experience euroleague ltu guards

It seems Kariniauskas good play in elimination games versus Greece and fantastic game vs Usa broke your brain and you cant let it go

When pressure emotional games comes is way more important having cold head players than fast running legs .and scared eyes... that what past eliminations games examples shows

NT coaches will think which guard have best chance to help in that hostile envirement from battle tested dudes from euroleague like Lekavicius,Dimsa,D.Giedraitis to help main guards

NT coaches wont even consider taking ncaa studentr who played only 19-21 kids last 3 years putting him in hostile envirement to play vs euroleague and nba puerturico guards in fight for olympic ticket
    Last edited by Shawshank; 05-10-2024, 05:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Straight forward
    replied
    There was no other game if you lose against Dominican rep (or maybe was? That's not the point). We had to win it and won it. And JV helped. That's the point. Sure, some rookies will feel anxious. They will. But they can still help, specially when we speak about defense. Yeah, Siska missed FTs against USA in 2000 and very likely it costed us our first Olympic title, but he helped a lot in that game with his D, athleticism, all around presence. Grigonis in 2016 played really good defense. Our struggle had to do more with JV, Maciulis, Seibutis being out of shape and underperfrming in that tournament. You can't ask youngsters to deliver in each game. Your vet Kariniauskas also won't deliver in each game. He delivered against USA, but where was he in the most important game against Serbia? He was gone. So here you have your battle tested player.

Thinking that mediocre players who can barely play in LKL/Eurocup (Kariniauskas) somehow will be 100% different in Olympic qualification is mind blowing. Or saying that Lekavicius will somehow play better D than current 22yo athletic and strong Marciulionis only because of experience, is also bullshit. I'm not against Lekavicius. He can give some points at least in some games surely, but I'm telling you - Marciulionis ATM is stronger defender than both Kariniauskas and Lekavicius played together. So he can be anxious, but he would still provide better D, IMO, than those now mediocre players.

And lastly, BB community clearly fed up with Maksvytis. I go through comments in various places and now like 90% of people are trashing Maksvytis and he has been big NT darling for 2 years and more. He was very liked because of warm and simple personality (differently than Maskoliunas or even Adomaitis). But he fucked with all this Cizauskas, Zemaitis, Kariniauskas IN and D. Giedraitis, Sirvydis, Marciulionis, Rubstavicius OUT and Zukauskas, Maldunas IN Sedekerskis, Tubelis OUT that people just fed up with him and grew direct hate. That's too much. We miss figures like Garastas, Kazlauskas. People started to laugh at Maksvytis moves and players selection. It's way too much.
    Last edited by Straight forward; 05-10-2024, 12:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Shawshank
    replied
    2011 vs Macedonia 1/4

2012 vs Puerturico 1/4

Thats was 2 games that decided destiny of entire summers. Exactly what im talking about such games when team cant lose and there is huge pressure on players.

Go youtube and look how scared/lost Valanciunas eyes looks and he gets 5 fauls in 6minutes vs Puerturico. Similiar shit happend in Macedonia game Jonas couldnt do nothing right,was rushing,looking lost and wasnt thinking.

Dominica game was no pressure firstly team won by 26pts,scoring layups in such atmosphere in million times easier and NT could lose that game and still would have one more game. Loosing Puerturico game and Nt was out from olympics. There is huge diffrence in pressure of those 2 games.

btw Valanciunas experience compare to what you suggesting for 2024 summer youngsters was 2 times bigger and he himself was world elite tallent nba lotery pick not just lithuianian good tallent,but even with all those youth mvps ,season in euroleague ,one eurobasket and still he wasnt ready for 2012 Olympic summer

I have feeling game 2024 vs Puerturico will be summer deciding elimination game and in such pressure games kids wont help only can hurt.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 05-10-2024, 12:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Straight forward
    replied
    Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
    Scared youth eyes like Valanciunas 2012 in venezuela is last thing what NT will need in that wild Puerturico arena.
    BTW, you even wrong about JV. Valanciunas was impactful even in 2011 when he made debut. He had an amazing stretch against elite teams like Serbia, France, Germany in the second group stage, very competitive group from which to advance was a real tough task. In 2012 qualification he had a game off in 4finals against PR, but he delivered in semifinals (the one which gave the ticket cause there was no final, 2 teams which made the final advanced - Lithuania and Russia) against Dominican rep. JV gave 17pts, 7rbs and Lithuania secured the win. In that game young JV outplayed Al Horford. But you have short memory you don't remember such things.

So basically again you wrong on all parts. You're a good Maksvytis' puppy. Could be an assistant for him. Your mind is exactly like Maksvytis. Provincial, limited, mediocre. That's why just like Maksvytis you advocate experienced mediocrities all the time and speak and dream about underdog stories in the NT. While in reality we sleeping to integrate talent and other NTs marching on. That kind of mentality as Maksvytis' and yours, basically killed Lithuanian BB. And it seems that only talent will establish it again. Maksvytis has been stopping NT development.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information