X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straight forward
    replied
    Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
    Are we just going to ignore the fact that Sabonis played with injury and still say that he was out of shape?
    I hear you, dude. Absolutely he was. Both not in top shape and injured. But it doesn't make the outcome less disappointing.

But, dude, this U18 will be fun. Jakucionis is flawless with the ball. And this team will RUN. Contemporary ass basketball. If we beat the crap out of Europe with that basketball again, it will be so sweet:

Last edited by Straight forward; Yesterday, 08:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hepcat
    replied
    Wrong thread, but what was Sabonis' injury?

Leave a comment:

• Svajunas
    replied
    Are we just going to ignore the fact that Sabonis played with injury and still say that he was out of shape?

Leave a comment:

• Straight forward
    replied
    Jokubaitis getting there in terms of shape? He simply needs to play more. Already showed good things against PR. If there was Jokubaitis, Brazdeikis, Sabonis in shape, maybe we would be heading to Olympics now.

Leave a comment:

• Straight forward
    replied
    Watch those tough finishes, that body control, that feel of space. That's how true dominant lead guard should look. Most explosive and meanest (attacking mode) guard since Sarunas Marciulionis. Book it:

Leave a comment:

• Straight forward
    replied
    Jokubaitis cooking in the summer league Well, sort of. 8pts in 14min is pretty good. I think he's still not on his best shape. It's funny how fast things changing. 2 years ago Jokubaitis was seen as indisputable future starting guard for Lithuania, almost a saviour, and now he's clearly a back-up optiion for way better by all means Jakucionis. And even so Jokubaitis most likely will have to compete with Marciulionis for back up role at some point. I love it. I'm packing all three to the tournaments.

Leave a comment:

• Straight forward
    replied
    And we have Jakucionis at 15 spot. That's the highest projection so far. We literally never had a pure guard projected as lottery in the NBA. Hell, we didn't ever had a guard in first round ever. This 2025 NBA draft is called drastically stronger than 2024, meaning if Jakucionis would be selected 15-18, he basically would be selected higher than Buzelis at 11 in extremely crappy draft. Nothing to take from Buzelis, I think he's the best prospect in that class, but I'm super excited to see Lihuanian guard being that good. That's history. And Jakucionis, Buzelis coming at the right time, being the same age nearly, will be big turn around for our basketball:

15. Kasparas Jakucionis | 6-4 guard | 19 years old | Illinois

Jakucionis is a 6-4 combo guard who has thrived at every single stage of his career with Barcelona’s youth team. He won the MVP of the Zadar region of 2023’s Next Generation Tournament, then followed it with the MVP in the Belgrade section of the tournament this season while also making the overall All-Tournament team. Long one of the best passers in the age group, the Lithuanian playmaker has an innate feel out of ball screens, with the ability to find open teammates from just about any angle. His ball-screen game flows incredibly well off that skill, as he’s displayed the ability to hit 3s out of pull-up situations and drive all the way to the rim, using his strong frame to keep defenders on his hip. He’s an extremely creative guard with good footwork, good handle and high feel for the game. He could stand to tighten his handle a touch if he’s going to play on the ball long-term, but he is a strong dribble-pass-shoot bet. He’ll attend Illinois this year, where I’m expecting him to share a backcourt with Kylan Boswell. Jakucionis is my favorite among the members of Illinois’ loaded freshman class.

Leave a comment:

• Straight forward
    replied
    Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
    Yes I agree. Those are great numbers. I love his assists and steals vs. turnovers ratios! (Although he needs to work on his three point shot.)

I take it that was an U18 club team tournament?

Euroleague U18

Leave a comment:

• Hepcat
    replied
    Yes I agree. Those are great numbers. I love his assists and steals vs. turnovers ratios! (Although he needs to work on his three point shot.)

I take it that was an U18 club team tournament?

Leave a comment:

• Straight forward
    replied
    Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
    Words won't be enough starting on July 27th. Given the high praise Kasparas Jakucionis has been drawing, we'll need to see some stellar numbers soon as well.

Here's some stats for you:

Check out information on KASPARAS JAKUCIONIS. Including player profile, season stats and records. Click to find out more.

Leave a comment:

• Hepcat
    replied
    Words won't be enough starting on July 27th. Given the high praise Kasparas Jakucionis has been drawing, we'll need to see some stellar numbers soon as well.

Leave a comment:

• Straight forward
    replied
    Meet new Jakucionis coach. Dude's amazing. I've been seeing some amazing shit with him on twitter.

Here's what he got to say on Kasparas, seeing off him to the NT:

Kasparas has been off the charts," Underwood said. "You can see his talent. He’s been maybe better than what I thought in terms of some areas of finishing. The size hasn’t bothered him."

https://www.news-gazette.com/newsletter/content/sports/illini_basketball/good-morning-illini-nation-eurobasket-opportunity/article_9dae1f0e-3d9e-11ef-8609-6b681c11ae65.html?utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=fac ebook&utm_medium=social

Leave a comment:

• Dreamcatcher
    replied
    Velicka left Rytas. I think more or less it can be claimed that one of the most interesting Lith youth champs performers won't be a very good player on senior level. It turned out that those who claimed Velicka was the second Cizauskas were right.

Leave a comment:

• Hepcat
    replied
    Well I certainly hope he shines but I'll restrain my enthusiasm until we see a lot more hard data.

Leave a comment:

• Straight forward
    replied
    Dude, Jakcuionis is there. That ability to shoot off the dribble and passing clinics and how strong he can get to the basket. We finally have another big one. It's not even elite Euro piece like Jokubaitis. It's a special specimen. We are talking about a guy who can be better than Jasikevicius. We likely witnessing a guy who can reach the tier of Sarunas Marciulionis or get very close to that. Personally I think no-one yet did. Nore Jasikevicius, nore Macijauskas, nore Siska. Jakucionis is that good that I think he might actually be legitimate NBA guard and have a successful career. Other than Marciulionis, we never had any other guards having legitimate NBA career which is pretty sad. Kasparas might change that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information