2020 Lithuanian NT: in a chase of Olympic dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    News is that Ulanovas is a little banged up and his participation in Kaunas might be at question.
    Where this one comes from? as I saw him in Fener's shoot around practice today and he looked ok

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
      Where this one comes from? as I saw him in Fener's shoot around practice today and he looked ok
      I heard it on urBONUSas. Mysterious problems with hip area
      The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
        Is it one of them i want to leave and until i do ,my hip hurts ?
        or is it like - i am not being selected , wait ,what , its because my hip hurts ?

urBONUSas - before i commit myself - any good ?
        And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

• Originally posted by auris1 View Post
          I didn't go back enough reading previous posts to see if Masiulis is a certain for some or not , but he is not my choice anymore . The guy just stagnated . He became sort of Dimsa , just a younger version - much talented for his generation and never making that leap so far.
          Since Tadas Sedekerskis needs to outplay only one of Gytis Masiulis or Eimantas Bendžius, I think it should be pretty easy for Sedekerskis to crack the lineup. Too easy methinks. Young fellows need a bit more of a challenge.

Comment

• Originally posted by auris1 View Post
            or is it like - i am not being selected , wait ,what , its because my hip hurts ?

I very rarely listen to other podcasts, so I can't compare
            The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
              Thnx. Listened to that part too, quite mixed impression, sounds like a bit old news, cause indeed Ulanovas had these problems for years and also this season, but now he seems to be fine and ready to play, just foreigner limit doesn't allow that. Well, let's wait and see how it will pan out

Originally posted by auris1 View Post

Urbonas is good with interviews, can get some interesting people to talk to, so I preffer to listen that, also can get some inside info, not always reliable, but at least he gets some, an area where he is the best in LT, so I usually follow his twitter or in podcasts listen only those moments when he breaks some news, but when he starts to analyse it alone or with his co Pakenas - it's over... Be it Zalgiris roster/game, be it NT or international scene. I used to have lot of WTF moments. They are missing some facts, lacks some knowledge, especially about older days, lacks some info and it gets simply pointless to listen. Like in latest podcast that part why Omic was picked for Slovenia as naturalized player instead of Morgan... How can two bball journalists don't know the fact that Morgan is injured for month or so? Especially when it's our main rival in OQT... Overall, it's subjective of course, but I don't like these moments, that's a turn off for me, so I try to skip all these analytic conversations, but maybe someone else won't pay attention to that. Just give it a try, you won't know until you'll try yourself

Comment

• To me it's fun to hear all these rumors and inside stuff. At that Urbonusas is the best, even though I listen to all podcast available. But as Mindozas said, what it comes to players evaluation, comparison, it's disaster. They don't have a good basketball eye test and when it comes to Urbonas it is felt that it's not his priority, he doesn't try too hard at this. Sometimes it gets to ridiculous angles and comparisons, from both, but specially Pakėnas. And call me nazi, but I can't stand his dialect Maybe, it's only mine as Kaunas' born and raised guy problem though...
                Last edited by Straight forward; 05-25-2021, 09:21 AM.
                LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• M.Brazys Former NT assistant that I feel his words have bigger weight than urbonusas or basketnews he comes from our NT loockeroom he knows inside stuff how NT operates .He gave such remarks:

Judging by 15 people list and only 2 centers for him it seems that indeed Maskoliunas don't see using JV with Domas together alot most likely they gonna sub each other.

According to Brazys Masiulis have chance making team as 12th guy and 3rd big incase something bad happens with our 2 real bigs ( i would be really shocked if both Bendzius and Masiulis would make Olympic team)

Brazys is guessing that 3 cuts can be Dimsa,Brazdeikis,Butkevicius.

Comment

• If Maskoliunas would want legitimate center, he would invite Birutis, Echodas, Geben (specially Geben, IMO), not Masiulis. I have no doubt. Masiulis can't bring it what it takes to be at 5. I'm sure Maskoliunas understands that. Hell, even current Tubelis would beat the crap out of skinny Masiulis at 5. 2 elite centers should be enough, maybe Gudaitis will have his considerations if we will qualify. Sedekerskis is 2 kilos bigger than Masiulis or about the same weight. While Tubelis listed as 111kg (D. Sabonis 109kg). Tubelis should be for consideration, IMO, if Gudaitis out, Tubelis will have monster U19, we qualify and Maskoliunas feels we need another beefy tall big.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

If Maskoliunas would want legitimate center, he would invite Birutis, Echodas, Geben (specially Geben, IMO), not Masiulis. I have no doubt. Masiulis can't bring it what it takes to be at 5. I'm sure Maskoliunas understands that. Hell, even current Tubelis would beat the crap out of skinny Masiulis at 5. 2 elite centers should be enough, maybe Gudaitis will have his considerations if we will qualify. Sedekerskis is 2 kilos bigger than Masiulis or about the same weight. While Tubelis listed as 111kg (D. Sabonis 109kg). Tubelis should be for consideration, IMO, if Gudaitis out, Tubelis will have monster U19, we qualify and Maskoliunas feels we need another beefy tall big.
                      I think u underestimating fact that Masiulis he is son of one of the coaches. If they cut J.Maciulis and took Masiulis i started believing anything can happen in NT under Maskoliunas

Its not about kilos here and not that Masiulis will play those possible C minutes in some super extraordinary situation.

Btw Masiulis together with J.Maciulis played C position indeed in qualification game versus Denmark in last 15min of game.
                      Last edited by Shawshank; 05-25-2021, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                        I think u underestimating fact that Masiulis he is son of one of the coaches. If they cut J.Maciulis and took Masiulis i started believing anything can happen in NT under Maskoliunas

Its not about kilos here and not that Masiulis will play those possible C minutes in some super extra situation
                        Nah, I don't think T. Masiulis is up to make his son the object of hate. He knows very well what would happen if some Sedekerskis or Brazdeikis (one with a little bit of credit, but still loved by majority of fans) would be cut and Masiulis would suck balls in the Olympics (and he pretty much would, I don't see how current Masiulis is offering anything substantial and worth mentioning). Nor he wants to be blamed for nepotism. It's more like Masiulis is complete reserve and would go in if some injuries would happen and son on.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Btw Masiulis together with J.Maciulis played C position indeed in qualification game versus Denmark in last 15min of game.
                          Sedekerskis. By far.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• I hope that at the end of the day not connections ,but fair judmements will decide who represent our NT.

No way Masiulis is top 15 player in ltu right now,but he maded best 15 players NT camp just saying

Comment

No way Masiulis is top 15 player in ltu right now,but he maded best 15 players NT camp just saying
                              Is Dimsa top 15 player? I have doubts. However, I treat both Dimsa and Masiulis as not good enough for senior NT (Masiulis might get there, but I'm not holding my breath and never was doing that).

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

...but specially Pakėnas. And call me nazi, but I can't stand his dialect Maybe, it's only mine as Kaunas' born and raised guy problem though...
                                Which one does he have? Hopefully something really exotic like Old Prussian or Semigallian.

Which dialect is the standard on Lithuanian TV these days? Do any well known Lithuanian players have distinctive, unusual dialects?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information