No announcement yet.

Ąžuolas Tubelis thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was talking about different thing. I'm simply stating that sealing game in EL exists! Some people saying that Tubelis transition seal game works only in NCAA, but it will work in PRO too. I'm not saying Tubelis next season would be killing in EL, just as 21yo Petrusev had his own issues at first (even though Ataman really took him down). But this season as 22yo (recently turned 23) Petrusev already plays well. I'm just saying that hard and fast running to transition would surely give Tubelis some easy points and he's great at sealing. If there's a great PG next to him (Kerr Kriisa is great NCAA PG) then he will benefit from this. Luckily there's Jokubaitis (and even Marciulionis with whom Tubelis has perfect chemistry since early days) is exactly this.

That EL is not youngsters league it's pretty obvious and it's not gonna change.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Watch this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHz3...nel=HillyHoops

And season highlights - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QCx...FullCourtFilms

Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Going further big with no shot like Tubelis my prediction will be somewhere from Echodas and Gudaitis

Tubelis is not as dominant size wise as JV or Domas is to play bully ball against best men players

You yourself with your examples showing again and again switching is happening around 23-24 age from boy to men and results becomes diffrent

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
          Going further big with no shot like Tubelis my prediction will be somewhere from Echodas and Gudaitis

Tubelis is not as dominant size wise as JV or Domas is to play bully ball against best men players
          You're not good at evaluating and comparing prospects.

Tubelis has higher upside than Gudaitis (mentioning Echodas name here is complete misunderstanding by your side).

Tubelis has better handles and overall more advanced skills, is a better athlete (quicker, more mobile and so on), better passer and has more shooting in him than Gudaitis, Tubelis has better latter quickness (defensive quickness) than Gudaitis. Gudaitis was drafted 47 in 2015. At that time Tubelis would be sure case first rounder.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• You got fixated too much on the idea that today 4 and 5 position players are all good shooters. It's not true even with PFs (only few truly great shooters as KD or Markkanen), but specially not true with centers (where I think Tubelis will spend more time than at 4 in his career).

Jokic, Embiid, Sabonis, Adebayo, Davis, Ayton, Lopez, Jarret Allen, Turner, Gobert. That's top 10. Only 50% can shoot.

​Capela, Kessler, Poetlt, Drummond, Valanciunas, Plumplee, Nurkic, Adams, Williams III, Carter Jr, Sengun, Zubac,Achiuwa, Isiah Steward, Looney, Wiseman and so on and so on...All these top 30 NBA centers can't shoot...

Tubelis can have a heck of career a center. Not necessary as a starter, but as a good back-up for sure. Or he will be a beast in EL...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Tubelis gets invited to NBA Combine. The camp of best prospects. Rubstavicius (probably because of playoffs or generally) and Lelevicius didn't receive invitation.

Kings has 24, 37, 54 picks this summer. I tend to think that Domas' guidance would be great for Azuolas. He would learn a lot. Sabonis would teach him perfect working ethics and facilitation game. In 2 years Kinds would have poor man's Sabonis off the bench.

This guy made absolutely spot on take on Tubelis:

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• With that said, if I'm King's GM I'm taking Bona if possible. Kings needs real defensive force at 5 as a back up.

But as LTU NT fan I want Tubelis under Sabonis guidance. And Tubelis is a decent/solid defender still.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• So Tubelis height without shoes is 205cm. Just as he left Vilnius basically. Wingspan 6'11. In the NBA combine first day he was the only one to shoot 100% FTs. That's very positive. Also he shot mid range jimmies off the dribble well - 53,3% (third best in the camp). But heavily struggled with shooting threes off the dribble (no surprise), only 7/25 (28%), but shot better threes from spot up (36%).

With this size Tubelis will have more mobility than most centers. And he will be able to play some 4, surely. I like that he's not another 7 footer. We need bigs who step out aggressively and even play some switch all.

Tubelis and Sedekerskis should be pretty nice at defensive.

Čikagoje startavo „NBA Draft Combine“ stovykla, kurioje savo vertę skautams įrodyti siekia šių metų NBA naujokų biržoje dalyvausiantys jaunuoliai, tarp jų – ir Ąžuolas Tubelis.
                  Last edited by Straight forward; 05-16-2023, 08:47 AM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Tubelis got pretty good showing. Not all shots fell in, but he showed his thing:

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Ąžuolas Tubelis - NBA ar Eurolygos lygio žaidėjas? Po 3 metų NCAA Arizonos Wildcats sistemoje, Ąžuolas turi priimti itin svarbų sprendimą, kur testi tolimesn...

Its like watching mini Domas version from Warriors series .Same uncomfortable body language 5 meters from basket when his defender dont even think to come closer.

God help NT fans if after 5 years watching Jonas+Domas,NT fans gonna watch in 2025-2028 Domas+Tubelis non shooting tandem

If NT coaches learn anything from Sacramento Kings put SF type player at PF position if want to see best Domas version,when Valanciunas is on bench.

Putting non shooter big near Domas even in Valanciunas rest time i would have no words to describe that.

Comment

• The most important thing is to understand that JV has to play as much as Domas needs rest at 5.

Tubelis will be a nice back-up for Domas at 5, and maybe one of these as a third center - Krivas, Blazevic, Birutis.

At 4 we'll see Buzelis, Murauskas, Sedekerskis

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Domas backup in 2025-2028 sure

But play them together horrible fit just horrible

Nt have enough not shooting lineups in 15minutes our tin towers is in together,i would even cut to 10min them together.

Remaining 25-30 minutes must be Domas and 4 shooters or Jonas and 4 shooters depending on matchups and faul trouble situations and so on

I dont see what Tubelis will do in 2023-2024 NT.

If he want to be 2015 Domas project version on bench sure he can do that for getting some valuable experience from inside how everything looks and feels.

Last edited by Shawshank; 05-18-2023, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• I think Maksvytis has to decide his mind on NT hierarchy. We have 2 NBA center and one is way better. All NBA, it's not even comparison. Sure, JV can score, but Sabonis overall is way better cause he makes others better and NT play differently with him. Maksvytis has to understand that JV is nothing but Sabonis buck up now.

Playing Sabonis at 4 is just not working. We need to try to play Sedekerskis/Kuzminskas full time there. Both can hit open three. Sabonis can't.

Tubelis' definitely could go as 5th big, and to have Echodas minutes.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• 5th big = it means future project version.Im fine with that. But Tubelis at PF no thank you.

Everybody understands that it doesnt work including coaches,but they wont play 2nd best player just 8minutes,its simply not happening and no coach will go this way

Especially when Valanciunas with his plays shows :simply there is matchups where Jonas is better option .

Sabonis and Valanciunas level diffrence this is not Jasikevicius and Ginevicius.

Its more like Macijauskas and Siskauskas.In some matchup one is better vs other teams other to play at SG.

Comment

• In my opinion it should be 26 minutes for Sabonis and 14 minutes for JV at 5. If they play together, we can extend their minutes to 31mpg for Domas and 19mpg for JV. That would make perfect sense to me. We shouldn't play them together for more than 5 minutes.

More like Jasikevicius and Kalnietis. That would be proper comparison. In the NT both played very well, but Jasikevicius still better. One was EL star, other - just EL player.

Now about Tubelis. Personally I don't care much if he makes the team, just want to see him the camp. More serious playing time should come as soon as 2025. But here's his plans about his club future. I guess Zalgiris is out of question. He wants to play. Compares himself with "faster Sabonis" and Hartenstein​:

“I just don’t want to sit on the bench,” Tubelis said. “So if something goes wrong, I would go to where I was playing. I want to be a role player, not the 10 to 11 player who sits on the bench.

“Right now it’s more important than money. I’m 21 years old. I have enough money.”

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information