No announcement yet.

Lithuanians in Euroleague

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Lithuanians had a good game. Motiejunas even had the best one this season: 22 pts in 20 min (25 EFF).

Well, except Gudaitis who doesn't have a good season. But he also showed a sign of being alive.

Arturas Gudaitis makes a huge block, then Paris Lee's three-pointer from the corner goes off the mark, but Gudaitis comes in to throw down the huge dunk.Sub...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
      All Lithuanians had a good game. Motiejunas even had the best one this season: 22 pts in 20 min (25 EFF).

Well, except Gudaitis who doesn't have a good season. But he also showed a sign of being alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq5o...AGUEBASKETBALL
      Grigonis showing some life is a good sign. 12pts, 14eff. That's more I like it. Interesting how things will develop with Grigonis and NT23.

I already like our backcourt if all will be available and in decent shape.

Starters - Jokubaitis, Grigonis, Ulanovas
      Bench - Lekavicius, Brazdeikis, Butkevicius

That's solid. True stars/elite players still missing, but all EL quality.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• kulboka will be the next lithuanian player in euroleague. even if his team isnt doing anything special he is having a really good season individually. i dont see how zalgiris could miss the opportunity to offer him a contract, especially knowing that there will be an open spot at pf position this summer

Comment

• Originally posted by zalias View Post
          kulboka will be the next lithuanian player in euroleague. even if his team isnt doing anything special he is having a really good season individually. i dont see how zalgiris could miss the opportunity to offer him a contract, especially knowing that there will be an open spot at pf position this summer
          Kulboka deserves a chance. Zalgiris fishing him for a while now and it's a good timing now. Also, I think Sirvydis may be close too. If he decides to end his G League career and I think it's time, then Zalgiris would be good option. At least him instead of Lukosiunas (let's face it, this project is dead and Lukosiunas will never be EL player and that's an absurd) would be good investment. Sirvydis has EL player's upside.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• I really respect Edgaras Pulkovskis, what he has done for LTU BB media, however you watch he's one of those serious, loyal and hardworking media guys. But today he said one sentence that will not age well. "I don't think Rubstavicius will be EL player" IDK, maybe he didn't pay enough attention, maybe he's not good with prospects. But that is one rare thing when things got way out of hand. I'm watching Liekabelis closely and I think he is oozing with tremendous potential, let alone the fact that quite a few international bb people treat Rubstavicius as an NBA prospect. Our media is making huge strides forward, I tend to think, but at some points we still are very provincial. I listen to all possible Lithuanian podcasts basically (less regular to those who are attributed only to NBA or EL) and it's very rare occasion when I wouldn't hear some huge nonsense, some ridiculous claims. It's very very rare occasion that at least one crazy claim wouldn't take place. I still have no answer why this is the case with Lithuanian. We don't have many guys with good eye for BB. It's very strange. I read plenty of international BB media and this occasion is basically non existant there. They make more precise, much more precise claims about our players, than we locally do. I can only trust Maksvytis, Jasikevicius and partially T. Purlys (but he also tends to go with some harsh mistakes in comparing players, like he compared Murauskas with R. Giedraitis ). I may disagree with some coaching tactics or roster selection with Maksvytis, but I admit I barely ever heard him saying stupid things in press conferences, interviews. Never. And he gets away with pretty straight, spot on and yet tactful answers. Jasikevicius also is terrific scout, has terrific eye on players. That gives me hope. But the fact that I don't have a single media guy (literally) that I can fully trust is nuts. I even understood that Vysniauskas has tendency for reduction and harsh generalizations. There are 2 guys that I like - Bruzas and Leksas, but that's all. And very often they also come flat from time to time. Maybe they don't pay attention enough, IDK, but I don't have this problem with foreign scouts. They are like 99% of the cases spot on which is far less with LTU guys, far less. I have no explanation for this. Probably it has to do a lot that we are post soviet country and we drag behind very bad "school" of bb understanding....I think the problem is that current media guys grew up with old school dudes who seen only Soviet basketballl to certain extent...

In other words, fucking Russians imbeciles made so much harm to our country, culture that it also hurt even our BB till this day....Young guys who are now 15-25 is the biggest hope. They already grew up with Western media, with twitter, with all these international scouts and insights. They will lift the whole country to another level in upcoming twenty years. We will finally have almost free generations from Russian idocracy and violence (off course not completely free cause their parents are still victims of Russian dicatorship and inhumanity and that reflects their kids, that's the whole tragedy, the shit drags behind for many decades).
            Last edited by Straight forward; 02-02-2023, 04:19 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• i think sirvydis should start at eurocup, similar to what kulboka did after coming back from the g league. One thing i've noticed about sirvydis is even if his main strength is the 3 point shot he has always struggled hitting threes at a high percentage, its usually at low 30's. currently in the g league he's shooting 33%, last season in the nba 35%. but even before leaving europe: 14% in israel, 33% in lkl, however he was much better in the eurocup so he definitely has potential. but unless he wants that lukosiunas role i dont see him coming to zalgiris soon. i think zalgiris thought giedraitis would be that lukosiunas replacement, he has always been a 40% percent shooter before, but he's been awful at shooting so far

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                I really respect Edgaras Pulkovskis, what he has done for LTU BB media, however you watch he's one of those serious, loyal and hardworking media guys. But today he said one sentence that will not age well. "I don't think Rubstavicius will be EL player" IDK, maybe he didn't pay enough attention, maybe he's not good with prospects. But that is one rare thing when things got way out of hand. I'm watching Liekabelis closely and I think he is oozing with tremendous potential, let alone the fact that quite a few international bb people treat Rubstavicius as an NBA prospect. Our media is making huge strides forward, I tend to think, but at some points we still are very provincial. I listen to all possible Lithuanian podcasts basically (less regular to those who are attributed only to NBA or EL) and it's very rare occasion when I wouldn't hear some huge nonsense, some ridiculous claims. It's very very rare occasion that at least one crazy claim wouldn't take place. I still have no answer why this is the case with Lithuanian. We don't have many guys with good eye for BB. It's very strange. I read plenty of international BB media and this occasion is basically non existant there. They make more precise, much more precise claims about our players, than we locally do. I can only trust Maksvytis, Jasikevicius and partially T. Purlys (but he also tends to go with some harsh mistakes in comparing players, like he compared Murauskas with R. Giedraitis ). I may disagree with some coaching tactics or roster selection with Maksvytis, but I admit I barely ever heard him saying stupid things in press conferences, interviews. Never. And he gets away with pretty straight, spot on and yet tactful answers. Jasikevicius also is terrific scout, has terrific eye on players. That gives me hope. But the fact that I don't have a single media guy (literally) that I can fully trust is nuts. I even understood that Vysniauskas has tendency for reduction and harsh generalizations. There are 2 guys that I like - Bruzas and Leksas, but that's all. And very often they also come flat from time to time. Maybe they don't pay attention enough, IDK, but I don't have this problem with foreign scouts. They are like 99% of the cases spot on which is far less with LTU guys, far less. I have no explanation for this. Probably it has to do a lot that we are post soviet country and we drag behind very bad "school" of bb understanding....I think the problem is that current media guys grew up with old school dudes who seen only Soviet basketballl to certain extent...

In other words, fucking Russians imbeciles made so much harm to our country, culture that it also hurt even our BB till this day....Young guys who are now 15-25 is the biggest hope. They already grew up with Western media, with twitter, with all these international scouts and insights. They will lift the whole country to another level in upcoming twenty years. We will finally have almost free generations from Russian idocracy and violence (off course not completely free cause their parents are still victims of Russian dicatorship and inhumanity and that reflects their kids, that's the whole tragedy, the shit drags behind for many decades).
                You yourself write some nonsense from time to time here (you are free to ask for some examples if you wish) and you complain (or whatever do) that Lith media does the same. How would you call this phenomenon?

What is wrong if someone isn't high on Rubstavicius? Just before the summer you yourself didn't agree that he could be not worse than great Marciulionis.

You even brought one more nonsense in the same message. How we drag behind very bad "school" of bb understanding because of being a post soviet country? Soviet basketball school was very good actually. Much better than Russian's one lately. Gomelsky was a great coach. Soviet national team won plenty of medals including 2 Olympic golds and 3 WC gold medals. Where the understanding of basketball was better except USA? Even Russian NT could win medals of WC and EC just after collapse of Soviet Union because they had fresh legacy of Soviet Union basketball.

And by the way, weren't the biggest Lith basketball legends Sabonis, Marciulionis (players) and Garastas, Kazlauskas (coaches) risen in Soviet basketball school?

Comment

You yourself write some nonsense from time to time here (you are free to ask for some examples if you wish) and you complain (or whatever do) that Lith media does the same. How would you call this phenomenon?

What is wrong if someone isn't high on Rubstavicius? Just before the summer you yourself didn't agree that he could be not worse than great Marciulionis.

You even brought one more nonsense in the same message. How we drag behind very bad "school" of bb understanding because of being a post soviet country? Soviet basketball school was very good actually. Much better than Russian's one lately. Gomelsky was a great coach. Soviet national team won plenty of medals including 2 Olympic golds and 3 WC gold medals. Where the understanding of basketball was better except USA? Even Russian NT could win medals of WC and EC just after collapse of Soviet Union because they had fresh legacy of Soviet Union basketball.

And by the way, weren't the biggest Lith basketball legends Sabonis, Marciulionis (players) and Garastas, Kazlauskas (coaches) risen in Soviet basketball school?
                  Well, name few nonsenses that I wrote recently, since you propose your services

I mean, we are talking about the guy who is playing here and now for Lietkabelis. You can see his every move. If you don't see his potential, you have a problem. I was always relatively high on Rubstavicius, thinking that he can be good if he adds strength and pans out nicely and I see now that he's exactly into this path. Last season was very complicated for him. He had many injuries and didn't even had impressive season in NKL because of this. But then he exploded in U20 showing his huge upside.

Soviet BB good compared to what? This is exactly the problem, that Soviet people were caged into Soviet world and couldn't learn from Americans in the first place since it's the homeland of BB, or even go and play in such countries as Italy, Spain. Sabonis could be so much better and injury free if he played in USA. Any player could be healthier, more prepared and better overall outside Soviet rubbish-heap. Soviet/Russian BB basically collapsed instantly once Sabonis, Marciulionis, Kurtinaitis left the team. Besides, if not Soviet "traditions" and degradation, Sabonis and Co. would never have such messy off court act, but heavy drinking was always Russia's thing. It's so cool that Sabonis' son is out this cage and being complete opposite to this shit.

I'm sorry, but I will never justify violent ethics (constant mobbing as status quo), imperial war crimes, naive story about Russia's greatness and how it should rule other nations. All this shit stinks heavily to me. I'm sorry to you (I have nothing against you personally), if you have relatives in Russia, or you yourself are half Russian or Lithuanian Russian, but the sad fact is that this big country is built on a authoritarian lie which created Russia's citizen indifferent and enslaved zombies who watches one TV channel with Solovyov raging like a nutcase and making them work for corrupt and nasty oligarchs sociopaths. The good news, and I think you personally are partially there already, that Russia can change. And I think one day it will. The world is becoming too globalized and too technology dominant. Russia's oligarchs won't be able to keep society brain washed in the future, new generation will find their ways to internet, to critical thinking, and to the the rest of the world I do hope so.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Well, name few nonsenses that I wrote recently, since you propose your services

I mean, we are talking about the guy who is playing here and now for Lietkabelis. You can see his every move. If you don't see his potential, you have a problem. I was always relatively high on Rubstavicius, thinking that he can be good if he adds strength and pans out nicely and I see now that he's exactly into this path. Last season was very complicated for him. He had many injuries and didn't even had impressive season in NKL because of this. But then he exploded in U20 showing his huge upside.

Soviet BB good compared to what? This is exactly the problem, that Soviet people were caged into Soviet world and couldn't learn from Americans in the first place since it's the homeland of BB, or even go and play in such countries as Italy, Spain. Sabonis could be so much better and injury free if he played in USA. Any player could be healthier, more prepared and better overall outside Soviet rubbish-heap. Soviet/Russian BB basically collapsed instantly once Sabonis, Marciulionis, Kurtinaitis left the team. Besides, if not Soviet "traditions" and degradation, Sabonis and Co. would never have such messy off court act, but heavy drinking was always Russia's thing. It's so cool that Sabonis' son is out this cage and being complete opposite to this shit.

I'm sorry, but I will never justify violent ethics (constant mobbing as status quo), imperial war crimes, naive story about Russia's greatness and how it should rule other nations. All this shit stinks heavily to me. I'm sorry to you (I have nothing against you personally), if you have relatives in Russia, or you yourself are half Russian or Lithuanian Russian, but the sad fact is that this big country is built on a authoritarian lie which created Russia's citizen indifferent and enslaved zombies who watches one TV channel with Solovyov raging like a nutcase and making them work for corrupt and nasty oligarchs sociopaths. The good news, and I think you personally are partially there already, that Russia can change. And I think one day it will. The world is becoming too globalized and too technology dominant. Russia's oligarchs won't be able to keep society brain washed in the future, new generation will find their ways to internet, to critical thinking, and to the the rest of the world I do hope so.
                    Your biggest nonsense recently: i will not search for the post, because you have too many of them, but the idea is that Saras isn't doing very well in Barca because of Barcelona's city. What i remember much better is that you were bulling Shawshank because of his ''bad'' English skills (in basketball forum) and at the same time in the same post you made a critical grammatical mistake.

Soviet BB was very good itself. Only American one was better. Good coaches, Olympic and WC gold medals isn't an argument for you?

I understand hate for current Russia, but i am totally against idea that because of that hate everything Russian (Soviet) is/was bad. Somehow suddenly Dostoevsky or ballet also were/are bad. But it's not true. And Soviet basketball was good. I don't like to read that only because it's not true.

Comment

• Grammar has nothing to do with. As for Barca it was not a nonsense. Plenty of people criticize or doubt Saras' coaching. Not that he's bad, but he overdoes with some things, including excessive control of the game and outdated (to say the least) treatment of his players. In Barca he surely screwed last season, not achieving goals both EL and ACB.

With the last sentence I can agree.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• No, to critisize Saras is ok because Barca doesn't look good. But you wrote that Saras also struggles because smth is wrong with Barcelona city.

Comment

No, to critisize Saras is ok because Barca doesn't look good. But you wrote that Saras also struggles because smth is wrong with Barcelona city.
                          Heh! That's another point, more speculative and shouldn't be taken too seriously. You may disagree but Barca is very lazy and underachieving team for decades now. Even "tyrants" as Pesic and Jasikevicius can't change something that exists in Barca. It will never be most spirited and highest motor team. How I say, Barcelona is the city of love and emancipation and not competition.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Barcelona is the city of love and emancipation and not competition.
                            The issue of this theory is that Barca dominated football not so long time ago. EL title also was won 2 times in this century. It's not a lot for a top club, but it's not easy to win EL either. In another words, it's successful in many sports.

Comment

• Grigonis is back. In last EL game 15pts, 16eff. MVP of PAO. In last 8 games he's averaging 11,1ppg and 12,6eff.

So Grigonis is most efficient from most relevant NT perimeter players.

R. Giedraitis, on other hand, again and again proving that he's a perfect fit for Baskonia. He has been dominant recently. In last 8 games he's averaging 15,2eff per game. That's EL's elite efficiency. And again statistically best Lithuanian in Euroleague with 13,5eff, 23rd overall. Too pity he's so irrelevant and lost in NT. One of these guys who can't deal with short stretches. Has to have a lot of minutes and freedom to provide. If he has been put in situation as Mantas Kalnietis in the NT, like have all minutes you want and all freedom you want, he probably be putting some numbers in the NT too. But now he feels lost with the tiny role in the NT.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Best lithuanias NT chance in 2023-2024 is Marius Grigonis being 15-16pts perimeter leader

If he not shinning there is no map i can see for semifinal in 2023 and likely no Olympics 2024 at all.

Backourt best players plays critical role in 2020s basketball

Ulanovas,Butkevicius,Valanciunas,Sabonis are ready dudes to win now,but they need experienced perimeter leader with the ball to show the way that they could join him

Brazdeikis,Jokubaitis will help for sure,but with their instability they will be up and downs too much to be leaders on perimeter. There is some hope for 2024,but in 2023 too early for them

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information