No announcement yet.

Domantas Sabonis thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domas and Fox finally getting some real attention. King's offense is third best in the league. When they said "two lefties", I was like "Jokubaitis better watch that (and Brazdeikis, Lekavicius, Ulanovas)"

LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Sabonis appeared on ALL STAR voting board. That's already something. Kevon Looney "who" is still in front of him though...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• I think this post deserves to be added to Sabonis' thread. If I'm Maksvytis I'm asking my self how to utilize All-NBA candidate and MVP candidate, and definite ALL STAR Sabonis better in his coming prime years. That's the strongest card Maksvytis has - utilize Sabonis to the fullest and make all players around him better. That's not only this Olympic cycle question, it's definitely a question for the next OC too, that's why my post is relevant long term and it will age here better.

---

OK, so what made Kings the best offensive team in NBA? 3 things:

ISO scorer (Fox), Sabonis, shooting wings.

Well, obviously we won't have such player as Fox, but (I'll get later to it)... But let's speculate for a minute whenever NT will ever utilize Sabonis to the fullest.

ATM, the problem is clear. We have only Grigonis as a shooter. Our forwards are non offensive and limited in terms of shooting (Uke, Butkevicius). Jokubaitis is not a great shooter too, but Fox also is not a great shooter. What Fox does is getting inside super well, creating all sorts of problems. The good news that Jokubaitis is also a strong slasher and great decision maker. We seen some flashes of good chemistry between Jokubaitis and Sabonis last summer and that is promising.

Now can we get shooting wings? Well, I don't see anyone as good as Kevin Huerter coming, but there's some good pieces coming.

FOA, Rubstavicius. I have no doubt he'll be terrific shooter and he's brilliant off ball player. He is a better off ball shooter even than Grigonis (well, he will be). He utilizes the space perfectly, constantly moving without the ball and he doesn't need much space and time to set his shot. Perfect piece around Domas. (Later on, I think Indrusaitis will be more or less similar, with more ISO game, but Domas and Indrusaitis won't play many tournaments together duo to age difference).

Murauskas showed this season that he can be very effective off ball scorer/shooter. It was a surprise cause I always imagined him as ballhog, ISO scorer. And he has that a lot in him. Nevertheless this season he shows how flexible he is and he embraced that off ball shooter's role for Lietkabelis willingly and PRO. Murauskas will be able to do all sorts of things, including spot on off the ball movement/shooting. Good fit, even if Murauskas himself probably would like to be a guy with the ball more. The good news that he can adapt to different situations.

And then off course Buzelis. He is super versatile and essentially team player so I hope we can find proper fit of playing Domas centric BB and allowing Buzelis to be creator and one of the main protagonists offensively as well. In other words, in Buzelis you have a piece that you can build around at 3 as point forward. Can dominant point forward and point center co-exist in positive way? I sure hope so. I think here the good news most LTU players are naturally willing to make adjustments to the benefit of the team. My optimism comes from the fact that Buzelis is showing some unguardable catch and shoot presence here and there. If Buzelis turns out to be really reliable shooters with his 6'10 size, look out. We would see plenty of open shots. But then again, we can't reduce Buzelis to off ball kinda player. He's too gifted for that. Once he will be ready, it will be huge science how to utilize Domas and Buzelis together. Nevertheless, it should be great chemistry hopefully as Buzelis can do it all - Shoot, handle, drive, cut, facilitate.

Sirvydis is another perfect fir for Domas. Sirvydis is off the ball catch and shoot kind wing. He's a good cutter too, so I think they would find pretty good chemistry. As well as D. Giedraitis should be a nice fit too. And if Lelevicius can fix his accuracy (accuracy is the only problem I have with him), he's absolutely brilliant fit next Domas. I see all these 3 players as a role players more, even if Lelevicius has a chance to be nearly complete player if he can improve his shooting game.

Guys like Rubstavicius, Sirvydis, D. Giedraitis, Lelevicius seems to be very good fit next to Domas. But the long term key will be to find the right chemistry between 3 main pieces Sabonis, Buzelis, Murauskas. All are guys that you can basically build around and how we are gonna use them will be very interesting to see (Jokubaitis is also there, but he can adjust to anything, he has 100% BB IQ).

But the problem is that for 2023 only Grigonis is available as ready and made shooter. Maybe we can expect some-one from D.Giedraitis/Sirvydis making the roster. But none of these yet can snatch bigger and more impactful role. Rubstavicius, Murauskas, Buzelis, Lelevicius still are too raw. The problem is that Iggy is pretty horrible fit cause he can't shoot and he's more effective with the ball in his hands than vise versa. I would use Iggy in the second line-up, specially in the moments Sabonis is resting.

Most likely we'll have to rely on Jokubaitis, Grigonis, Ulanovas, Kuzminskas as those who takes shots after Sabonis' passes and we simply don't have enough of reliable shooting power which will limit the ability to utilize Sabonis to the fullest.

I would say that probably Jokubaitis' development and the addition of Ulanovas are our biggest reserves and improvements compared to 2022. Hopefully the addition of say Sedekerskis, Tubelis, D. Giedraitis would make a little impact too, but it won't be all that much impactful.

This Olympic cycle remains very problematic. We have very good prospects, but they still need couple of more years and then the picture of NT may change radically. But as 2023-2024 goes we have pretty good, but not good enough to truly make noise, kinda team.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Another huge triple double - 18/14/14

Sabonis is first in the league in total and per game rebounds and he's 11th in the league by assists. Just to give the perspective, he's ahead of Lebron, Lillard, Simmons, D'Angelo Russell in terms of assists.

Go to http://www.ballhoggloves.com for basketball training equipment. Go to https://rb.gy/7rrjwt for Amazon Store (basketball equipment)Support my channel by...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• One more triple this morning. 16/10/10.
            We, personally, did not drink. Just a bottle of Sprite.

Comment

• When Sabonis on the court, Kings score +10,5 more points than when he's out of the court. That's better than Durant and Curry f.e. who have +9.5 when they on the court.

Roughly a year ago we saw a shocking trade between Sacramento and Indiana that had a lot of hot takes surrounding it. Today we look back at who actually won ...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Many big names see Domas in the starting line-up of an all star game. Nice recognition. Don't really care about fans voting. Shawshank, probably voted for JV anyway

It's really interesting that in January 3 white dudes dominated NBA - Jokic, Sabonis, Doncic. Who said it's black guys league? Nah...this one too slippery.

Anyway, these 3 guys lead the league in triple double. I really believe current international or even All European NT would take down best USA team possible.

Doncic, Rubio
                SGA, Wiggins, Bogdanovic
                Giannis, Siakam, Wagner
                Markkanen, Sabonis
                Jokic, Embiid

Ja Morant
                Curry
                Tatum
                Lebron/Durant
                Bam?

International team has bigger, higher IQ, more fundamentally sound team. This time Euro team is not even inferior athletically.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Sabonis with almost another triple double but this time with TOs instead of assists. 9 TOs are respectable for a big but probs to the Canadian defense too

Comment

• Sabonis season highlights. So many bully ball moments. I think he has the most expressed bully ball style player from bigs in the NBA:

Domantas Sabonis best moments & highlights from the 22-23 NBA Season! as of Jan 24 2023Welcome to the BEST NBA Highlights on YouTube! Be sure to SUBSCRIBE an...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Sabonis moves to 9th spot in MVP Ladder:
                      Luka Doncic and Ja Morant slip while 3 new names enter the chase in our weekly review of the Top 5 Kia MVP contenders.

Sabonis left 6th in NBA All Star starting 5 voting. Masses are masses (fans...), but it's nice to see journalists voting him as 3rd best player in the East.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                        Sabonis moves to 9th spot in MVP Ladder:
                        Luka Doncic and Ja Morant slip while 3 new names enter the chase in our weekly review of the Top 5 Kia MVP contenders.

Sabonis left 6th in NBA All Star starting 5 voting. Masses are masses (fans...), but it's nice to see journalists voting him as 3rd best player in the East.
                        https://twitter.com/James_HamNBA/sta...41997292507137
                        3rd? So Lebron and JV is the 1st and 2nd then...

Comment

• Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
                          3rd? So Lebron and JV is the 1st and 2nd then...
                          You meant Jokic, not JV, or wanted to tease some fellows here?

Seriously, when you think about it, media voted for Jokic as no1 player in the West, second - Lebron and then third Sabonis.

Like it's totally mind blowing, he's next Lebron

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Poor Dinosour expert simply got lost in twitter world with diffrent million posts.Thats what happend when fan dont follow nba closely and blindly copy random twitter posts.

3rd not in west overall but from west frontcourt players in media voting (west guards not included like Doncic,Curry,Morant and co ). Look at your copy twitter link not a single guard on list,doesnt that look strange to you?

Share links and cant even read/understand his own links

Media dont think Sabonis/Markanen is better players than Leonard/Zion/Davis,but in podcats those people themselfs explain why they voted againts that trio.

Obviuosly fans who 50% and nba players themselfs who 25% dont care about availability they vote for players levels . Fans/players combined 75 % overtakes medias 25%.

West is weak with forwards right now . In 2022 west all star star forward starter was Wiggins for same reasons.

East is loaded with elite forwards that even Embiid was cheated and couldnt make top 3 forwards in east.
                            Last edited by Shawshank; 01-30-2023, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• You right, PE, that's frontcourt alone. Yet, still great list Jokic, Lerbon, Sabonis...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Fox and Ox each poured +30. Another win. Now it's interesting if Kings can move Grizzlies out of second spot. If these 2 playing like that, it's possible.

Domas destroyed Poeltl dude. Rememer when the latter was treated as better prospect, got drafted 9th and Sabonis 11th.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information