Anadolu Efes 2021/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anadolu Efes 2021/22

Hi guys! Here's Efes roster... What do you think about the next season's movements? Which players should leave and what about their replacements?

*BRYANT DUNSTON 35/2.03
    *TIBOR PLEISS 32/2.21
    *Sertaç Şanlı 30/2.12
    *ADREAN MOERMAN 33/2.02
    *CHRIS SINGLETON 32/2.06
    *Yiğitcan Saybir 22/2.03
    *KRUNOSLAV SIMON 36/1.97
    *JAMES ANDERSON 32/1.98
    *Tolga Geçim 25/2.06
    *RODRIGUES BEAUBOIS 33/1.90
    *DZANAN MUSA 22/2.06
    *SHANE LARKIN 29/1.82
    *VASILIJE MICIC 27/1.96
    *Buğrahan Tuncer 28/1.93
    *Erten Gazi 24/1.90
    *Doğuş Balbay 32/1.85

IMHO if we have a chance to keep Micic, then there's just 1 necessary movement; Pleiss. Even tough i like his skills and character, his knee will never let him play stable anymore... then i think; Jordan Mickey 27/2.03, Georgios Papagiannis 24/2.20 and Jalen Reynolds 29/2.07 could be alternatives.

If Micic leaves, i think; Klemen Prepelic 29/1.91 or Rokas Jakubaitis 21/1.93 seems like good choices.

To replace Micic you need someone way more matured than Jokubaitis or simply better than Prepelic. In your place, if there're money, I'd try to sign Pangos in every way possible if he is still available. There were rumors about his new deal with Zenit, but only rumors thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
      To replace Micic you need someone way more matured than Jokubaitis or simply better than Prepelic. In your place, if there're money, I'd try to sign Pangos in every way possible if he is still available. There were rumors about his new deal with Zenit, but only rumors thus far.
      Pangos was my first option but as i understand from the news/rumours, he will stay there... that's why i didn't count on him. If we can get him, the best option without doubt... at least for me. Jokubaitis is young and has a bright future. Together with Larkin he will improve and be very useful i think. But again another problem, he will have offers from the other bigs... all rumours, we'll see. Just wrote my wishes. The roster is getting older, we should add some youngbloods. Still wondering where's Musa and where will he be next season. That could solve (or add..??) some problems in guard rotation, too.

Comment

Just saw this. He could stay one more year, still there's hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Worrax View Post
          http://basketdergisi.com/m/micic-yed...itmeyecek.html

Just saw this. He could stay one more year, still there's hope.
          He wont stay because he wont be benched with OKC. General Manager of OKC wants him badly

Comment

If Presti wants him then it's basically a done deal. This F4 was a unique chance for Efes to go all the way and I'm glad they used it (IMO definitely played not only the most beautiful but also the best basketball in the last two years), because replacing Micic adequately is going to be extremely hard. A chance to construct this kind of roster won't be easily repeatable for Ataman. The underrated part of Micic's game is actually his defense. A part of the reason why Micic and Larkin worked together so well is because Micic when locked in (like he was during F4) is a pretty good defender. His size and strength is a headache for almost any guard in the league. In fact can't even think of any guard outplaying Micic in a direct matchup. This Efes team wasn't just an offensive juggernaut but also an extremely good defensive team. And it was actually Efes' defensive adjustment in the second quarter vs Barca that brought them back to the game. If Micic is gone, I think Efes will stay as one of contenders but it will be a lot easier to play against them. The combination of Micic's size, penetration skills and finishing at the rim, shooting, playmaking and defense...I'm not sure you can find a similar player at the market.

Pangos for example would be a good fit with Larkin offensively but defensively that backcourt looks really small. It would be a lot easier to penetrate against both Larkin and Pangos. I remember Mike James saying about Micic even two years ago that he is a hell of a defender and tough to drive against.
            Last edited by Serbian_Layup; 06-01-2021, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Micic is not replaceable for European teams and its all true what you wrote about him (letting aside his totally off days). The problem of filling his gap will be solved by giving Beaubois a bigger role who is also a decent defender. In fact it was a luxury to have him as a fourth guard. Of course Efes will sign a guard if Micic leaves but he doesnt have to take his duties one to one.

The bigger problem is Dunstons decline. He was always the last anchor of the team as the rim protector and his great pick and roll defense but hes got old. Despite being of quite usable I would sign a big with good defense and rebounding skills. Raynolds would be a great pick imo.

And last but not least the replacement of Kruno Simon. I dont see a problem of using him one more year since he doesnt play with his athleticism or speed or strength but with his brain but he needs a helping hand and Anderson cant fill his gap entirely. Musa can be used but he isnt ready at all right now. Additionally, a signing of a SF or even a PF is crucial.

Yigitcan Saybir could be the solution here. He is surely not entirely ready right now but he can definitely grow into his role. Just his shooting is quite a question mark. Defensively letting his weak positioning sometimes aside he is a quite good defender also a very good open court runner and a plus rebounder. If they dont trust him they should loan him. He is too valuable to be benched with 22.

Comment

Pangos was my first option but as i understand from the news/rumours, he will stay there... that's why i didn't count on him. If we can get him, the best option without doubt... at least for me. Jokubaitis is young and has a bright future. Together with Larkin he will improve and be very useful i think. But again another problem, he will have offers from the other bigs... all rumours, we'll see. Just wrote my wishes. The roster is getting older, we should add some youngbloods. Still wondering where's Musa and where will he be next season. That could solve (or add..??) some problems in guard rotation, too.
                That's not sure regarding Pangos, only rumors, I guess it wouldn't be that wise from him to re-sign that quick, before exploring the market. That's the summer when he can get some great offers. Sure, Zenit can offer a big one too, but in his shoes I'd wait a bit. Regarding Jokubaitis, you don't need him now. He is not ready to play big minutes for title contender, unless you plan to lower the bar next season after winning this one, but I think if Jokubaitis will go abroad, it will be Barca and Saras, a coach he knows very well

Comment

What about Marius Grigonis?

Comment

What about Marius Grigonis?
                    Rumors has it that he has verbal agreement with CSKA. But he is hardly an option to replace Micic, you need someone more creative. Grigonis is more of a scorer

Comment

I just know one guy who could profile wise substitute Micic and this is our guy Mert Akay. Mert is 198cm. A great passer, can guard 2-3 positions, has a great court vision and is a great pick and roll initiator but he is at least 2 years away from being a serious player.

Comment

If Micic stays(99% not) Efes should keep the same roster.

If Micic leave, then they need new energy and quality because it's impossible to find new Micic(same type of player).

In that case they should get rid of Beaubois and Moerman and bring like Worax smartly said maybe Prepelic or even better Pangos. With Pangos(I don't believe in that transfer, but you never know with Ataman) all problems would be solved after Micic. Also Simon should retire and new guy is needed. That could be Giedraitis for instance.

btw they should get rid of that cameraman and clown Saybir(the only worse shooter then Balbay on the planet)

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                          Yigitcan Saybir could be the solution here. He is surely not entirely ready right now but he can definitely grow into his role. Just his shooting is quite a question mark. Defensively letting his weak positioning sometimes aside he is a quite good defender also a very good open court runner and a plus rebounder. If they dont trust him they should loan him. He is too valuable to be benched with 22.
                          Classic Toruko. I was reading through this post and just waiting for a Turkish prospect to get a mention.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                            Classic Toruko. I was reading through this post and just waiting for a Turkish prospect to get a mention.
                            I never denied that my focus is always the NT and I never write down names who doesnt deserve to be mentioned. He is a very hard working guy who has been thrown back through injuries and the power forward position is really required to be filled.

Comment

Beaubois and Moerman are 33y both and nobody serious can't build future on them. Beside they are junk players, though Beaubois made some points in semi, he is ball hog.

Efes has 2 top players(Larkin and Micic) and 2 great players(Singleton and Sanli), all other are replaceable. Simon and Dunston are great too but their age is problem,

If you add Larkin and Micic to any roster(even bottom ones) you will get title contender. So it's clear what Efes should do in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information