No announcement yet.

F4: Fenerbahce - Panathinaikos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dislike Ataman but he is a good coach when he is not whining. I believe he will try to capitalize the weakness in the paint due to the bad centers Fenerbahce have.

Comment

Still, if Fenerbah​ce is able to limit Nunn The same way they limited Mike James in this series, anything is possible.

I believe Pao to be the more balanced team but still think Fenerbahce will prevail due to Saras’s coaching and the depth of our sharpshooters.

In any case it will be an epic battle…

Comment

Originally posted by Cuneyt View Post
        Still, if Fenerbah​ce is able to limit Nunn The same way they limited Mike James in this series, anything is possible.

I believe Pao to be the more balanced team but still think Fenerbahce will prevail due to Saras’s coaching and the depth of our sharpshooters.

In any case it will be an epic battle…
        lol to that.

Comment

It could be great series like in 1/4, but it's only 1 game in f4. I don't like an idea of f4 for the last couple of years.

Comment

I want to change my profile picture this year.

I also predict a Panathianaikos win but when i evaluate both teams and play the game in my mind, I see a Fener win.

Why?

First of all, we have a huge advantage at bigs.
            Then we have much more scoring options. Pao depends on Sloukas and Nunn too much. But let’s look at our roster… Noone will be surprised if one of Calathes, Wilbekin, Guduric, Dorsey, Biberovic, Hayes, Motley scores 15-20 points.
            If you play a F4 game, you must find the 2nd player that scores 15-20 points.
            We know that Nunn will do it. With %40-45 FG or +%40 3pt, +%50 2pt?
            When I play the game, I see that Nunn drops 25 points but cant see his percentage.
            That will decide the winner imo…
            Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
              It could be great series like in 1/4, but it's only 1 game in f4. I don't like an idea of f4 for the last couple of years.
              +1

Final Four format definitely sucks. Best-of-five series​ is okay for quarter finals, even for semi finals. Finals must be best-of-seven series​ like NBA. I have no idea why the hell Alba Berlin and Asvel are still included in Euroleague. 16 teams are enough without Russian teams. With less teams, longer semi final and finals series are possible.
              The Lighthouse in the Darkest Seas

Comment

Originally posted by iskoch View Post
                I want to change my profile picture this year.

I also predict a Panathianaikos win but when i evaluate both teams and play the game in my mind, I see a Fener win.

Why?

First of all, we have a huge advantage at bigs.
                Then we have much more scoring options. Pao depends on Sloukas and Nunn too much. But let’s look at our roster… Noone will be surprised if one of Calathes, Wilbekin, Guduric, Dorsey, Biberovic, Hayes, Motley scores 15-20 points.
                If you play a F4 game, you must find the 2nd player that scores 15-20 points.
                We know that Nunn will do it. With %40-45 FG or +%40 3pt, +%50 2pt?
                When I play the game, I see that Nunn drops 25 points but cant see his percentage.
                That will decide the winner imo…
                You have advantage at bigs? Hmmm, interesting. We shall see. Nunn didn't play 1st game, in the 2nd he was the best even tho he had missed shots a lot. Calathes couldn't guard him and Fener played the best with Madar on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Edgar View Post

You have advantage at bigs? Hmmm, interesting. We shall see. Nunn didn't play 1st game, in the 2nd he was the best even tho he had missed shots a lot. Calathes couldn't guard him and Fener played the best with Madar on the floor.
                  You wont play in OAKA where you can influence refs. It will be Berlin, the hidden capital city of Turks.

If I was a PAO fan I would really worry about my Greek wing/ forward players. FB is heavily favored if the refs doesnt allow hard defense. Hard defense is the only chance of PAO getting out of the match as a winner.

Comment

Since 2018, in recent 6 years Jasikevicius made final four 5 times. Including one huge upset of top teams with Zalgiris (the only time he missed it, it was with Zalgiris in 2019). So Jasikevicius so far always making final four whenever he's coaching heavy budget club. Does that make him the best coach in Europe now or should he win EL first? No other coach has such consistency in last 6 years. Ataman also is impressively stable. He made it in 2019 (would had made in 2020, but Covid), 2021, 2022 and 2024. I'm still kinda sceptical about him, even though now I'm 100% admit he's a good coach at the very least (if not great).
                    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                    Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post

You wont play in OAKA where you can influence refs. It will be Berlin, the hidden capital city of Turks.

If I was a PAO fan I would really worry about my Greek wing/ forward players. FB is heavily favored if the refs doesnt allow hard defense. Hard defense is the only chance of PAO getting out of the match as a winner.
                      Oh come on...heavily favored based on what? Ok, it won't be OAKA but it won't be also Ulker arena. Fans will be 50-50. You can't understand the hype that is going on right now in whole Greece, Cyprus and diaspora. We could fill whole Berlin with the fans. Also I know stories that thousands of tickets have been bought by Pao fans immediatelly when Euroleague put them on the market. There are lot of Greeks in Germany also. About players...it's one game...how is Fener that better?

Lessort dominated both games. Nunn showed in the 2nd half of the game in OAKA when he decided to stop taking jumpshots and start going for the layups that no one can stop him. Fener has the slowest bigs ever and Motley that is hole in the defense. Fener can't play with Hayes at 5 against Pao lile they did against a lot of teams including Monaco. Let me see Calathes orchestrating the offense against big body like Nunn or great defender like Grant. Hayes has advantage over Mitoglou in the offense but Mitoglou also has in the offense. Also we can play Juancho that can cover Hayes easily. Grigonis will have good role, Guduric is not mismatch for him like Colson was. Biberovic is shooter, different than Colson...If Jasikevicius puts Pierre at SF I can live with that lol...in my eyes Fener can win only if WilbeKing or Dorsey scores 20-25 and if the match goes on big numbers...there Fener has huge chance. If the game is psychical and kinda slow then Pao has huge chance to win with Sloukas and Nunn. Teams are very similar, fans will be practically in the same numbers...1 game. It will be very close but the same I said about WilbeKing and Dorsey I say about Nunn and Sloukas. If they score 20 or around 20 points each at least like they did against Maccabi Fener stands no chance. Lessort will deliver, Grigonis couple of 3s, Mitoglou, Papapetrou...

Comment

I had to laugh hard when I read Papapetrou and Grigonis. Fenerbahce will win because of the better team and the better forwards/wings. In addition to that, besides Sloukas nobody in PAO has F4 experience. I am not even sure if Nunn is gonna make a good game. Fenerbahce has many weapons. Biberovic, Dorsey, Wilbekin even Calathes is hitting 3s like nothing. If two of them have bad games the other two will deliver.

"Big guy Nunn". Nunn was a catastrophe with his off ball defense. Sloukas with him together is easy going for FB. Grant will make stupid mistakes because he wont be able to handle the F4 pressure. This is not a rs game. If you shut down Nunn or just restrict him will make PAO like a headless chicken.

When it comes to the bigs. Lessort is a force but also useless Papagiannis was showing some resilience and rim protection. If the bigs get beaten just foul Lessort and he cant 100% handle the pressure.

Shortly said, you will lose this time but If you get a second big and get better forwards and wings for the future everything can change.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                          I had to laugh hard when I read Papapetrou and Grigonis. Fenerbahce will win because of the better team and the better forwards/wings. In addition to that, besides Sloukas nobody in PAO has F4 experience. I am not even sure if Nunn is gonna make a good game. Fenerbahce has many weapons. Biberovic, Dorsey, Wilbekin even Calathes is hitting 3s like nothing. If two of them have bad games the other two will deliver.

"Big guy Nunn". Nunn was a catastrophe with his off ball defense. Sloukas with him together is easy going for FB. Grant will make stupid mistakes because he wont be able to handle the F4 pressure. This is not a rs game. If you shut down Nunn or just restrict him will make PAO like a headless chicken.

When it comes to the bigs. Lessort is a force but also useless Papagiannis was showing some resilience and rim protection. If the bigs get beaten just foul Lessort and he cant 100% handle the pressure.

Shortly said, you will lose this time but If you get a second big and get better forwards and wings for the future everything can change.
                          Ohhhh, I will bookmark this! Better wings...what better wings? Biberovic who is spot up shooter? Pierre?! Hayes ok. Panathinaikos is in top 3 by defending opponents 3 pt shots. Who gives a damn about some F4 experience? Nunn played NBA finals, games against Maccabi were like F4. Papapetrou and Grigonis have F4 experience btw. I loved what Papagiannis showed against Lessort. Lessort made him look like a girl in both games. You speak like this is best of 19 series, not just one game...I can't wait to see Calathes and other guards scoring 3 pt shots like you said! And btw, Cleveland is better defender than any player Fener has and couldn't do anything against Nunn and they have Nebo in the paint not Motley or Papagiannis who doesn't know where he is. Nunn showed against Fener how they can stop him hahaha and that game was horrible by both teams.

Comment

For those wgo didn't watch the game or still believe Santa Claus is real

Last 4 Fener;s offenses in OT

2:11 wileclown made TO from iso
                            1:29 wilbeclown missed 3pt from iso
                            1:01 Guduric assisted to Calathes, for spot up open shoot and he made it(NOT ISO)
                            0:19 Guduric assisted to Calathes, for spot up open shoot and he made it again(NOT ISO)

It's clear why we won this in last minut, but don;t know if Saras told them take that ball from this fuckin clown, or Guduric and Calathes made that on their own

Comment

Janketa’s seething, unbridled rage against Wilbekin will be one of those things that the forum will bring up in 10 years as part of the lore of this internet corner.
                              3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Edgar View Post

Ohhhh, I will bookmark this! Better wings...what better wings? Biberovic who is spot up shooter? Pierre?! Hayes ok. Panathinaikos is in top 3 by defending opponents 3 pt shots. Who gives a damn about some F4 experience? Nunn played NBA finals, games against Maccabi were like F4. Papapetrou and Grigonis have F4 experience btw. I loved what Papagiannis showed against Lessort. Lessort made him look like a girl in both games. You speak like this is best of 19 series, not just one game...I can't wait to see Calathes and other guards scoring 3 pt shots like you said! And btw, Cleveland is better defender than any player Fener has and couldn't do anything against Nunn and they have Nebo in the paint not Motley or Papagiannis who doesn't know where he is. Nunn showed against Fener how they can stop him hahaha and that game was horrible by both teams.
                                I think he's trolling. Seriously. "we have a huge advantage at bigs." and "...Calathes is hitting 3s like nothing" are too reminiscent of your "the best shooter in EL is Melih" comments.
                                5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information