No announcement yet.

EL 2023/24 Play-Offs: Panathinaikos - Maccabi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe the transformation between 1st and 2nd quarter We increased the pressure much more on defense and in conjunction with some Maccabi misses (and dumb plays like Nebo's punch) Panathinaikos capitalized 100%. Sloukas carried *hard* this quarter and Papapetrou provided an extra boost. Lets hope they can keep up this pace on defense.
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

This series goes as expected, meaning totally unpredictable.
      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

We're such a naive team. I can't even count the times we've lost big leads this year. We're up 10+, we're playing well, the whole stadium is boiling over and we're just casually giving up playing defense. It's mind boggling.

Edit: It's absolutely incredible how dependent we are on Sloukas. We really can't do anything without him. He has to come in the game on 4 fouls early 4th quarter because the rest of guards are incapable of orchestrating basic offense and buy some time.

Edit 2: It seems like after every post I make about how terrible we are on defense we step it up. I don't know what to make of this
        Last edited by paspalj; 04-25-2024, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Its funny how the [deleted] turned the gsme into a wrestling match in the last quarter and still complain about getting fouled. 3 free throws for Baldwin.

Last warning - Levenspiel
          Last edited by Levenspiel; 04-25-2024, 08:16 PM.
          Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

Deleted. This doesn't mean I support Israeli actions in Palestine, but enough of that in a basketball thread.

- Levenspiel
            Last edited by Levenspiel; 04-25-2024, 08:28 PM.
            Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

Very important win (obviously) but more important-er is the way it came. Under the enormous pressure that the team seemed to be under we managed to defend twice against Maccabi's surges. It's unfortunate that we are 100% dependent on Sloukas. In some way Papapetrou benefited from Juancho missing the game. He was one of the winning factors and I'm not sure he would have gotten his chance had Bo Cruz been ready.

I believe Kattash will rethink his defensive strategy after this game. Nunn is inexplicably absent from the series, I can't tell if it's part of Maccabi's defense or it's just him being in his own head. I hope he snaps out of his funk because we need him. Grigonis already has issues at SF (not his fault though) so we don't have the luxury of another one of our main core not contributing.

All in all great game, nice series, I really like Maccabi as a team and the way they play. I underestimated them in the beginning of the season and I will never forget how Levenspiel had them as F4 favorites and I was thinking "Man what? He's out of his damn mind". I was very wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by paspalj View Post
                We're such a naive team. I can't even count the times we've lost big leads this year. We're up 10+, we're playing well, the whole stadium is boiling over and we're just casually giving up playing defense. It's mind boggling.
                You are a 1-year old team, who is actually over performing. Like a toddler running too fast. It's natural they will falter a lot.

Comment

Well, I guess this is why you pay Sloukas 3M. It seems Ataman was reading my comments so he finally put Papapetrou on the court and he actually did very good job on Colson and fantastic in the offense. The problems are -
                  1. Mitoglou's defense - watch the beggining of the game. First 10 points were on Mitoglou. Cohen scored 10 on him in like 5 minutes. I can't believe Mitoglou is that slow so he can't even catch him in the fastbreak. But he was solid in the offense even though he missed all 3 pt shots. Hopefully he saved that for Belgrade.
                  2. Grant. He looks pretty bad. He has no idea what to do. I saw DPG cursing like crazy when Grant was basically tapping the ball 24 seconds 2 offensive possessions in a row in the 4th quarter.
                  3. Nunn!!!! I have no idea what is going on with him. He is not even aggressive. He seems like he is scared I swear even though he played NBA Finals lol.
                  Anyway, I know he will wake up. Maccabi shoots like crazy. Especially these 9m shots. When I see Blatt taking the 3pt I already know it's going in. They are scoring so many points in the fastbreaks. We need to do much better in that segment. But I would say pressure is now on Maccabi. If we take G3 let me see them trying to win G5 in OAKA. No one ever win G5 on the road. Also, Ataman needs to believe a little bit more in Vildoza(yeah, I am saying that) in that lineup with 3 guards when Colson is on PF. Or go with Grigonis at SG.

Comment

and levenspiel sends saras to gulag.

allow politics, nationalism, hatred in the fucking forum please.

stop being a stupid left liberal.
                    Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

• I just watched Ataman's press conference
                      What a guy...he is even crazier than DPG

Comment

• Sloukas's best game for PAO. Papapetrou's best this season. Put handcuffs on Colson and scored 15 himself. That won us the game.

Papa: "See...didn't I tell you to play me more?"

Ataman: "Get the F@CK BACK!!!!"
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.
                        Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
                        Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

• Originally posted by Edgar View Post
                          I just watched Ataman's press conference
                          I won't talk about crazy DPG, and Ataman, which invents stuff in his sick mind. They got what they wanted though, which is sad.
                          PAO were better in that game, and lack of Baldwin showed. We did show resilence. But, as we feared, PAO were permitted to continue hard borderline defence. Now we going to Belgrade, it is different ball game. And we are good with pressure this season, no team gone through what we had to.
                          It will end 3:1 to Maccabi.
                          Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

• Oh, BTW:
                            Euroleague Basketball wishes to express its disappointment about the public statements made by Mr. Ergin Ataman, the Panathinaikos AKTOR Athens head coach, and by the club itself, as well as about other events that happened following Game 1 of the Turkish Airlines EuroLeague Playoffs that the club hosted in Athens on Tuesday, April 23, 2024.
                            Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

• Originally posted by iskoch View Post
                              and levenspiel sends saras to gulag.

allow politics, nationalism, hatred in the fucking forum please.

stop being a stupid left liberal.
                              Politics is allowed in the forum, but in the united nations section.
                              the others will send you to the gulag, yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edgar View Post
                                I just watched Ataman's press conference
                                He is a funny guy. It has been just 50% of his true performance so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information