EL 2023/24 - Gameday 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EL 2023/24 - Gameday 29

The thread for today's & tomorrow's games.

It's raining threes in Istanbul, really fun game. Panathinaikos unfortunately couldn't match Oly inside the paint and although we weren't absolutely terrible, we didn't make enough open shots.
    3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

It's crazy that M.Wright is dominating Lessort. Well, we are screwed for top4 now. We should fight for top 6 with Virtus and hope we will avoid Oly. This is really pain in the ass to play against them. Sloukas as always doesn't exist against Oly, Lessort not factor...I am really interested what will Saras now say. He was saying 2 months we will be 2nd or 3rd depending game against Barca...

Comment

Olympiacos was so much better in second half.
        When on one side u have Wright and on the other side the most constant player for Panathinaikos this season (Lessort) played game like this u cant expect a win.
        Sloukas is non-factor in Greek derbys is the best way for him what it can be said, in fact maybe he is factor for Olympiacos..

Comment

I withhold judgement because Lessort had to play 30+ again. But the truth is that Wright looked he was playing with his young nephew at the driveway hoop. I hope we can find a way to get of Papapetrou next year. He is a former player. Grigonis wasn't looking great tonight and Nunn had so many easy turnovers that I lost count at some point. Anyways, ggs to Oly, they are a better team and they proved it.
          3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

If Panathinaikos wants top 4 we need wins against Zvezda in the Belgrade and against Barca in Oaka. Schedule for other teams is not the best and they play against each other which is ofc great so we still have chance but we don't have a lot of room for mistakes anymore. Virtus and Bayern on the road will be tough also. Last round against Alba is easy. I think all those close defeats in the OT or games where we had huge lead like +20 against Baskonia 15 minutes before the end could cost us. But top 6 would still be great and in the playoffs everything can happen.

Comment

I have to say Saras is doing good job with this awful Itoudis-Kokoskov roster
              But for top4 we need to beat Oly, which is mission impossible for this limited roster. They are great just in such shooting nights like last 2 rounds

Comment

24 3pt shots made by Fener is a new EL record, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
                  I have to say Saras is doing good job with this awful Itoudis-Kokoskov roster
                  But for top4 we need to beat Oly, which is mission impossible for this limited roster. They are great just in such shooting nights like last 2 rounds
                  Yeah, we have to give credit where it's due. His body language is completely different from the last year, he's not continously going berserk on his players, and Fener plays a lot faster and smoother than Barca ever played. Barca's game was actually unwatchable (for me) under his command.

Not sure if he changed/evolved, or he had to adapt to the roster he found. Maybe both. Great job so far, except for his customary loss to Zalgiris.
                  5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Huge disaster for Efes when all other results are going in their favour

Comment

Oh boy, Efes is such utter shit at away games and so is Milano. They just can't play serious outside of their home court. Partizan is also very bad outside of Belgrade, but they, at least, usually fight till the end. And Real decided to finally show in one game, too bad for Virtus though. Important win for Bayern too.

Comment

Bayern has huge games next week. Valencia away, Maccabi at home. If they win both they will need 2 more wins (Barca, Pao at home, Monaco away) for the play-in and if other results go in their favour then they might need 1 win.

Comment

Efes played the whole season wihout coach

Can was clown who didn't learn anything from Obradovic, guy without character and authority. Add to that he brought his boy Jones beside much better centers even in BSL

Mijatovic is also clown, even more without character and authority then Can, and after good start when he used Pleiss and Osmani much more then Can(what is noticed even here on IBN) he came back to Jones-Willis mode

After all big shame for Efes management for ruining season of maybe the best backcourt in EL with bad coach decisions.
                          They were late with firing Can, but games after that showed that even then it wasn't too late because schedule was good. Now it's definitely late

Comment

The thing just a few people talk is how Darius Thompson plays let say average season. I expected much more from him especially for the contract he got. Efes has great offense and he averages 12 pts, 3 ass, 11 PIR. That's not good enough at all. Also in the defense he is way worse than last season. Really disappointing season.

Comment

Originally posted by Edgar View Post
                              The thing just a few people talk is how Darius Thompson plays let say average season. I expected much more from him especially for the contract he got. Efes has great offense and he averages 12 pts, 3 ass, 11 PIR. That's not good enough at all. Also in the defense he is way worse than last season. Really disappointing season.
                              There are coaches who pull out 120% from the player and there are ones who aren't capable to use them in full strength. Even Larkin with all those numbers underachieved imo
                              Thompson and Clyburn are even worse.
                              3 main players

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information