EL2022/23 - The Final Four (Kaunas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post

These things can happen, janketa described another one, but did they shoot 25 3pts in 20'? This is what I mean,to choose it as your main tactical weapon and not as a surprising one, which of course can help and even be lethal sometimes.

We have seen quarters with 6/7 3pts or something like that. It helps a lot from time to time. But I've never seen anyone adopt the continuous 3pt shot as the main strategy of a season or even a decisive game and win.
    They weren't able to get Tavares out of the paint. Vesely was always useless against Tavares, I wonder why Saras didn't try with Tobey?
    previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by janketa View Post

2015 in Madrid Real-Fener semi, Rivers alone made 5 or 6 3pt shoots. Final game against Oly was crazy too
      Your memory works well lol. But even there, it happened in the second quarter when Real enjoyed fabulous percentages. They shot 14 3pts in the first half and 16 in the second one, 14/30 overall.

Yesterday Barcelona shot 3/12 3pts in the third quarter and 2/13 in the last one.

Comment

These things can happen, janketa described another one, but did they shoot 25 3pts in 20'? This is what I mean,to choose it as your main tactical weapon and not as a surprising one, which of course can help and even be lethal sometimes.

We have seen quarters with 6/7 3pts or something like that. It helps a lot from time to time. But I've never seen anyone adopt the continuous 3pt shot as the main strategy of a season or even a decisive game and win.
        Yes, that what I can agree with. As you may recall, I've never agreed with clowns theory that 3p shots are main criterion. First defence, then smart fast game, and only then, as a bonus, 3pointers. Having good percentages helps, of course, but so it does from foul line.
        Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

Exactly. Oly finished with 14/17 2pts in the second half, assists 14-2 (!). This was the key I believe and it means only one thing, Monaco collapsed physically, not only mentally.

It is true that the referees changed brutally their way of judgement in the second half not punishing some very dubious contacts, but Monaco should have adjusted to it like Oly.
          One cant buy every referee. Monaco without referees is zero.
          P.S. There is still some glitch in the forum - it shows only post on page 5 in threads page.
          Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
            It will be interesting to see how Oly will play against zone and Tavares guarding paint.
            Sloyka
            Sloukas will take the shots after the screens.If he makes them,Tavares will come out of the paint.He has done it before against him.If he comes out,Oly will cut in.Zone def will not trouble Oly.Sloukas will be care free.He wont need to spent the same energy guarding the old guard of Real,compared to Monaco's trio in the guards.

Comment

• I was correct to be fearfull of Monaco's trio in the guards and their athleticism against my Oly.But who can expect such a choke in the third period.27-2?I know we can put a defensive masterclass at times but come on,2pts in a whole period?They looked like frightened kitties out there.I wanted Barca if we were to go through.We couldnt lose to a periphery of Satoransky,Joku and and Lapro.I dont fear Real and Tavares though.Oly deserves this cup,would be a shame if this Real wins.

Comment

• barca got exposed hard yesterday. they need to get rid of that terrible mirotic contract and instead improve their pg-sg positions

Comment

• Originally posted by berry View Post
                  Sloyka
                  Sloukas will take the shots after the screens.If he makes them,Tavares will come out of the paint.He has done it before against him.If he comes out,Oly will cut in.Zone def will not trouble Oly.Sloukas will be care free.He wont need to spent the same energy guarding the old guard of Real,compared to Monaco's trio in the guards.
                  The only reason why Oly might be a favourite is because Real is missing Deck, Yabusele and Poirier. If they were playing, it would be easy win for Real.

Real with available roster can't play different game than risk opponents hitting their 3s. Real will live with that, like they had against Barca, when Barca was 9/14 in first half.
                  Last edited by Killer Bob; 05-20-2023, 10:44 AM.
                  previously known as Beno

Comment

• I know that many fan bases hate Rudy, probably rightly so, but energy he plays with is incredible. You might not see in the stats, but he was important part of Real coming to the final.
                    previously known as Beno

Comment

The only reason why Oly might be a favourite is because Real is missing Deck, Yabusele and Poirier. If they were playing, it would be easy win for Real.

Real with available roster can't play different game than risk opponents hitting their 3s. Real will live with that, like they had against Barca, when Barca was 9/14 in first half.
                      Easy win?Well,they had all those 3 you mentioned when they were beaten in Madrid and easily in Greece in the regular season.

Comment

Easy win?Well,they had all those 3 you mentioned when they were beaten in Madrid and easily in Greece in the regular season.
                        Final is nothing like RS game. And your 2 MVP's not exactly thrust worthy. I still give you slight advantage, because I'm a bit afraid that 2 games in 2 days are too much for grandpapas.
                        Last edited by Killer Bob; 05-20-2023, 11:17 AM.
                        previously known as Beno

Comment

Final is nothing like RS game. And your 2 MVP's not exactly thrust worthy. I still give you slight advantage, because I'm a bit afraid that 2 games in 2 days are too much for grandpapas.
                          Well,Oly matches better with Real than Monaco.I have way more confidence for this than the semi one.Ofcourse its just one game,anything can happen.We'll see.

Comment

Well,Oly matches better with Real than Monaco.I have way more confidence for this than the semi one.Ofcourse its just one game,anything can happen.We'll see.
                            You were chocking big time against Milano in first half and were lucky that they're street basketball team with laughable coach. You can't afford that against Real and you won't.

Real can win this game only if,

1. Tavares stays out of foul trouble. Nobody else on C and without Deck and Yabusele they can't play small ball. Tavares in early foul trouble means game over.

2. Hezonja has good offensive game. His shot selection is atrocious, but sometimes he hits everything. Oly will force Real taking difficult shots, but luckily for Real, Hezonja, Musa and Llull are taking those difficult shots anyway. I believe Hezonja is the key, if he will be missing those shots, like he was against Barca, not much chances for Real.
                            previously known as Beno

Comment

• Real gonna win euroleague.I know it doesnt make sense from basketball standpoint,but sport gods is on their side this season

Real have proud champions and everybody sees them as underdogs vs barcelona and will see vs Olympiakos too from emotional side its very good position to be for champion calibre players

Comment

• Congrats to Oly. Totally expected result. One more game to get what they deserve.
                                3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information