Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

European Competitions 2023/24 - Signings & Rumours

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by tonia View Post
    Even though Olympiakos has stated that they are not interested in players under contract, there are strong rumors that they are interested in Mike James. I guess there is no smoke without fire..
    Too expensive for Oly and for everyone else. There are better solutions if you are willing to pay such a salary, Oly's coach and management are not that stupid.

    Comment


    • Yeah, I also don't see James in Oly. With Bartzokas there it would be crazy to see him in Piraeus. Also with James on the court you have bigger diva than Sloukas and again you have Walkup who is useless in the offense without ball in his hands. But if this happens somehow, it will hurt me I have to admit

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Edgar View Post
        Yeah, I also don't see James in Oly. With Bartzokas there it would be crazy to see him in Piraeus. Also with James on the court you have bigger diva than Sloukas and again you have Walkup who is useless in the offense without ball in his hands. But if this happens somehow, it will hurt me I have to admit
        I don't know if James comes to Olympiakos. However, DPG seems to believe the rumours as well:

        image.png
        It has been a crazy summer so far. Let's see how crazier it can get

        Comment


        • its too early of course and you cant judge someone from some friendly matches with NT but mitoglou after 1,5 year of absence is by far the best player in greek team and looks even better than his time before the ban. if we add huancho (whose gamestyle that doesnt need the ball to provide scoring and his ability to guard in the perimeter will be crucial) our PF position looks very strong, probably the strongest in euroleague (mantzoukas and papapetrou can also get minutes there).
          we only had reliable PF during the first half of the last season with williams but then he dropped dramatically. it was singleton 5 years ago the previous reliable PF we had. we also have lessort as center. if he can be at the same level he was this season, then our frontcourt will be perfect (i think mitoglou will also play some minutes as center due to his size and ability to rebound and the fact that huancho will clearly be our starting PF. and balcerowsfki looks promising but i dont expect him to be crucial. even though ataman loves shooting bigs, he could possibly make him a mini pleiss and he is also a very good passer


          I think we will also see huancho as SF in (very) big lineups in some games together with mitoglou-lessort in court
          huancho-mitoglou (+mantzoukas+papapetrou)
          lessort-balcerowski-antetokunbo



          Backcourt is also ok but mykhailiuk and dorsey will make it equal to our frontcourt
          Sasa Pukl for MVP

          Comment


          • Originally posted by saras View Post

            In Greece we say "Serbian is not a nationality, it's a job". And itoudis is more of a serbian rather than a greek
            One journalist (Giorgos Georgiou RIP) said something similar to this but it was "Romanian is a profession, not a nationality". Nothing to do with Serbs.

            Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
            Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

            Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

            Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

            When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

            Comment


            • Matt Thomas to ALBA for 1 year.
              ​​​​​​

              Comment


              • Sengun eating new PAO player Balcerovski alive

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                  Sengun eating new PAO player Balcerovski alive

                  https://twitter.com/BradeauxNBA/stat...62164625707016
                  Oof, that was smoooooth.
                  3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by paspalj View Post

                    Oof, that was smoooooth.
                    Balcerovski is a very good player though, much better and much more versatile than Papagiannis. Ataman again found a gem.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Toruko View Post

                      Balcerovski is a very good player though, much better and much more versatile than Papagiannis. Ataman again found a gem.
                      Papagiannis must be better in 3 point shots than Balcerowski, even better in free shots than.. Doncic. ​​​​​​
                      By the way, what is wrong with Doncic and the free shot line?? He had again around 50% against Montenegro.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                        Sengun eating new PAO player Balcerovski alive

                        https://twitter.com/BradeauxNBA/stat...62164625707016


                        Double spin move on Sanli is a thing of beauty.
                        Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
                        Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

                        Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

                        Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

                        When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

                        Comment


                        • Apparently Mike James and Olympiacos have an agreement but now Oly has to make agreement with Monaco. This is bigger shock for me than Sloukas to Panathinaikos

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Edgar View Post
                            Apparently Mike James and Olympiacos have an agreement but now Oly has to make agreement with Monaco. This is bigger shock for me than Sloukas to Panathinaikos
                            I sincerely never understood the bond between James and some Panathinaikos fans.
                            3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by paspalj View Post

                              I sincerely never understood the bond between James and some Panathinaikos fans.
                              I guess that statements of James like this one "I always want Olympiacos to lose because they have obnoxious fans" help

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by tonia View Post

                                I guess that statements of James like this one "I always want Olympiacos to lose because they have obnoxious fans" help
                                Sure ok, but that guy played for us for what? A year and a half?
                                Maybe it's because I dislike his style but I really don't understand:
                                1. Why people love him so much and (as an extension)
                                2. Care about him going to Oly, to the point that they are calling him a traitor, Judas and such.
                                3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information