No announcement yet.

European Competitions 2023/24 - Signings & Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calathes and Teodosic are charismatic passers, they have great quality as players. However, it is true that Calathes is not efficient in scoring and has become a little slow. Teodosic at his bad day can be really harmful to his team. If they are used properly, they are a great asset for every team.
    ​​​​​

Comment

• The European market seems to be stabilizing. At the moment it feels like there are only a handful of players that would be targets for top spending teams. At the same time, top spending teams (like Pao) have major holes in their roster. I really wonder who we’re going to end up signing.
      3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by paspalj View Post
        The European market seems to be stabilizing. At the moment it feels like there are only a handful of players that would be targets for top spending teams. At the same time, top spending teams (like Pao) have major holes in their roster. I really wonder who we’re going to end up signing.
        Probably a high upside high risk American from the G-League.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post

Sure but we need at least 3 players I think. If all of them are G-Leaguers we’re gonna have issues.

Comment

• Frank Jackson to Asvel.
            He has potential to be top tier EL player, just have to see how he adapt his game to European basketball.
            Really nice signing.

Comment

Are there any import players on lesser known clubs in the Turkish league that EL teams should be aware of?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post

Are there any import players on lesser known clubs in the Turkish league that EL teams should be aware of?
                Maybe Roberson and Carsten Edwards but he is known. Bayern wants him. This is all. Oh wait Jerry Boutsiele is also worth trying.

Comment

Maybe Roberson and Carsten Edwards but he is known. Bayern wants him. This is all. Oh wait Jerry Boutsiele is also worth trying.
                  Interesting. I knew you'd be able to suggest some names.

Comment

• It's too early for power ranking thread, but it's already obvious that Oly and Efes made the best changes until now

I don't think missing Vezenkov and Micic will make big damage to them, cos both of them were a little above mediocre before coming

Oly and Efes made MVPs from them, not vice versa, so both are replaceable.

Efes already made good move with Thompson, who will be better fit then Micic imo, also they brought two rock solid Turkish players who can give much better impact comparing to lemonade players like Tuncer and Arna. If they bring Osmani on 4, they are already stronger then last season.

Oly didn't make replacement for Vezenkov yet, but they did 2 superb moves with Milutinov and Goss. We almost forgot how dominant center Milutinov is, together with Fall, it's wall under basket.. Goss is great signing too, because he showed balls and basketball knowledge in crutial moments against Partizan and in F4 too. Sloukas leaving isn't too big handicap imo

Comment

• If they replace Veze with Mirotic they’ll be better than last year but there will be an issue with Greek players. If they don’t care and have some players only for EL, they’ll be stronger than last year. But if they choose to fill in the gaps with Greek players not named Dorsey, then they will have a sub-par bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post

Man, I like your profile picture
                        Nice pic indeed (from eurobasket 1995, right? ), but I think this is better :
                        image.png
                        (I believe it's the most confusing nickname to be used by a greek fan)

Comment

• Originally posted by paspalj View Post
                          If they replace Veze with Mirotic they’ll be better than last year but there will be an issue with Greek players. If they don’t care and have some players only for EL, they’ll be stronger than last year. But if they choose to fill in the gaps with Greek players not named Dorsey, then they will have a sub-par bench.
                          I am not directing this towards you personally but since u mentioned I will ask...
                          Why is everyone in the Greece obsessed with Greek quota in the league? Olympiacos and Panathinaikos can beat AEK, PAOK, Promitheas...etc with 3 Greek players + 6 foreigners with closed eyes. In the finals you don't need more than 9, 10 max players in the rotation. So if Olympiacos has Papanikolau, Larentzakis, Walkup, Lountzis and Panathinaikos has Mitoglou, Kostas A, Mantzoukas, Moraitis why would they splash money on let say Dorsey or Panathinaikos on Papapetrou if they can find maybe even better player much cheaper? It doesn't make any sense to me. Don't get me wrong, I would actually love to see Papapetrou back in PAO as a backup SF but that's it. I am reading some comments where Papapetrou is the starter because he is Greek. That's crazy to me. With that kind of logic Panathinaikos will never be good in the Euroleague for some long time because era of great Greek players in Panathinaikos is long gone. Luckily, at least I think, Ataman really doesn't care about all those quotas because in Efes he had 10 foreigners per season and really didn't care about Turkish players so he brought average ones and Turkish league is much better than Greek one. In my opinion both Pao and Oly are not made to make Greek players better when they are young and needs playing time. Peristeri, Promitheas and others are for that. Everything changed in the basketball in the last 10-15 years. Much more money is invested, coaches are on the hot seat if they have 3 defeates in a row...that's why Mantzoukas, Samodurov..etc needs to leave and get some playing time in other Greek or European teams so they won't be next Charalampopoulos, Bochoridis...Rogkavopoulos made the right decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edgar View Post

I am not directing this towards you personally but since u mentioned I will ask...
                            Why is everyone in the Greece obsessed with Greek quota in the league? Olympiacos and Panathinaikos can beat AEK, PAOK, Promitheas...etc with 3 Greek players + 6 foreigners with closed eyes. In the finals you don't need more than 9, 10 max players in the rotation. So if Olympiacos has Papanikolau, Larentzakis, Walkup, Lountzis and Panathinaikos has Mitoglou, Kostas A, Mantzoukas, Moraitis why would they splash money on let say Dorsey or Panathinaikos on Papapetrou if they can find maybe even better player much cheaper? It doesn't make any sense to me. Don't get me wrong, I would actually love to see Papapetrou back in PAO as a backup SF but that's it. I am reading some comments where Papapetrou is the starter because he is Greek. That's crazy to me. With that kind of logic Panathinaikos will never be good in the Euroleague for some long time because era of great Greek players in Panathinaikos is long gone. Luckily, at least I think, Ataman really doesn't care about all those quotas because in Efes he had 10 foreigners per season and really didn't care about Turkish players so he brought average ones and Turkish league is much better than Greek one. In my opinion both Pao and Oly are not made to make Greek players better when they are young and needs playing time. Peristeri, Promitheas and others are for that. Everything changed in the basketball in the last 10-15 years. Much more money is invested, coaches are on the hot seat if they have 3 defeates in a row...that's why Mantzoukas, Samodurov..etc needs to leave and get some playing time in other Greek or European teams so they won't be next Charalampopoulos, Bochoridis...Rogkavopoulos made the right decision.
                            If I'm not wrong, each greek team is obligated to have at least 6 greek players in their roster for the greek league.

Comment

• Originally posted by tonia View Post

If I'm not wrong, each greek team is obligated to have at least 6 greek players in their roster for the greek league.
                              I know that but at least 2, 3 of those 6 players you can fill with some bang average Greek players. I would never give same amount of money for Papapetrou instead to some foreigner who is better player just because Papapetrou is Greek. In the finals, at the end, short rotation is normal and being Greek then doesn't mean absolutely anything.

Comment

• Bring our captain (Papapetrou) back!!!!!
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information