Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

European Competitions 2023/24 - Signings & Rumours

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Efes back court is not that bad. I dont see any other option than keeping Larkin in the team but the team needs any anchor stone big. Someone like Tavares is much needed. Jones is out, he proved that he is not even enough for the bench. I wouldnt keep Oturu but he could be a good piece for the bench. My man for the bench is David McCormack though. Great upside as a center. Alternatively Omer Faruk Yurtseven would be a nice option too but I dont see him coming over the next season.

    The PF guys must be exchanged entirely. Just Osmani is a good guy for the bench position. My man for the starting spot is Mamukelashvili.

    The SF position: Clyburn is history, has too many flaws especially on the defensive end. My first target would be Bonzie Colson. Bryant is ok and Erkan Yilmaz as a third option is also more than acceptable.

    The SG position: We need to revive Furkan Korkmaz from the deaths and I am not against Beaubois to stay for one more year.

    PGs: Larkin and DT should be safe.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Toruko View Post
      PGs: Larkin and DT should be safe.
      I doubt it. Larkin will ask for at least Thompson's salary ($2.3m/year), but he's not playing at that level. Compared to performance, both of them are overpaid. Plus, Larkin is a bit of a head case. We had a roster and a coach that could handle his ups and downs, but those days are gone.

      Regardless, someone will pay him the money. I hope it won't be Efes.

      I saw some rumors about Evans moving to Olympiakos. Now, that's a player we should have chased.
      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
        I doubt it. Larkin will ask for at least Thompson's salary ($2.3m/year), but he's not playing at that level. Compared to performance, both of them are overpaid. Plus, Larkin is a bit of a head case. We had a roster and a coach that could handle his ups and downs, but those days are gone.

        Regardless, someone will pay him the money. I hope it won't be Efes.

        I saw some rumors about Evans moving to Olympiakos. Now, that's a player we should have chased.
        I dont think that Efes will let him sail away. I know, playing him is very dangerous but I dont see any alternatives. I am sure hell stay. He wasnt that bad this season. Larkin is getting 4 million dollar btw. Signing him to a 2,3 million dollar contract would be great.

        Comment


        • PAO has made a 2 year contract offer to Kendrick Nunn to continue with improved financial terms.
          Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
          Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

          Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

          Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

          When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

          Comment


          • Originally posted by EverGreen View Post
            PAO has made a 2 year contract offer to Kendrick Nunn to continue with improved financial terms.
            Where did you see this last part?
            3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

            Comment


            • Originally posted by paspalj View Post

              Where did you see this last part?
              My eye caught it somewhere. The reasoning is for Nun to make as much money money as possible taking into account the higher tax rate in the U.S.
              Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
              Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

              Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

              Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

              When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

              Comment


              • Originally posted by EverGreen View Post

                My eye caught it somewhere. The reasoning is for Nun to make as much money money as possible taking into account the higher tax rate in the U.S.
                Even though he said he enjoys to be in Greece I have a feeling he will refuse to seek NBA contract and he will make huge mistake. I don't think he has a place anymore in the NBA at his age, the way he plays and especially with the role he wants.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Edgar View Post

                  Even though he said he enjoys to be in Greece I have a feeling he will refuse to seek NBA contract and he will make huge mistake. I don't think he has a place anymore in the NBA at his age, the way he plays and especially with the role he wants.
                  Your wording is confusing and contradictory(?). Like, you write that he will refuse to find an NBA contract and that will be a mistake but then you say that he doesn't have a place in the NBA anymore. Did you mean to write something else?
                  3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

                  Comment


                  • If he wants to find another team in the NBA I'm sure PAO will give him a cut off date. Couple names already swirling in the wind for PAO in Larkin and Micic.
                    Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
                    Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

                    Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

                    Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

                    When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

                    Comment


                    • Nunn should stay in Panathinaikos, he found himself there and with big contract which will surley be offered to him i dont see much obstacles.
                      Only obstacle can be his "superstar" head.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by paspalj View Post

                        Your wording is confusing and contradictory(?). Like, you write that he will refuse to find an NBA contract and that will be a mistake but then you say that he doesn't have a place in the NBA anymore. Did you mean to write something else?
                        How is my part confusing lol

                        I have listened his interview where he said doesn't want to be 15th guy on the roster. That means he seeks at least to be reserve guard. He will be 29 in the summer. He is great offensive player but not in the NBA. He is below average there. In the defense not nearly good enough. I don't see any team giving him 4, 5M dollars per year at all. Maybe 2M at best...I think Panathinaikos can offer him way more + without US state income tax. But, as I said, I don't think he sees himself like I do see him and I think he will try till the end to find NBA contract. Hopefully I am wrong because next season he can be EL MVP.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by EverGreen View Post
                          If he wants to find another team in the NBA I'm sure PAO will give him a cut off date. Couple names already swirling in the wind for PAO in Larkin and Micic.
                          You think Panathinaikos would do that? We are talking about very likely main player for the next season. Maybe if the date is 10th July...but no way tilk 8th month. I don't recall any serious EL team waiting so much with the Americans to decide about NBA. Singleton had similar case but the situation back then and now is way different.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Edgar View Post

                            You think Panathinaikos would do that? We are talking about very likely main player for the next season. Maybe if the date is 10th July...but no way tilk 8th month. I don't recall any serious EL team waiting so much with the Americans to decide about NBA. Singleton had similar case but the situation back then and now is way different.
                            Olympiakos waited for the last possible minute for Dorsey and signed him. It was a success. PAO waited a very long time for Mykhailiuk. We were very patient with him. After he signed with Boston we went for Kendrick Nunn. Thankfully Oly was desparate because of the poor start and in a state of panic signed Brazdeikis who has been a major flop. PAO failed in many signing expeditions in Punter, Veselj (Barca rejected the 1 million buy out we offered), Shengelia (Virtus wanted money to release him to PAO after they found out we were offering buy outs), we asked RM about Hezonja with Madrid replying WE ARE NOT DISCUSSING, Mirotic rejected a 6 million over 2 years contract because he didnt want to suffer the toxicity of PAO-OLY, Willy Hernangomez rejected PAO's offer for Barca so in a desperate state we signed Balcerowski hoping it would work. Cambazzo was our number 1 target but he rejected a larger financial offer for the familiarity of Madrid.

                            We had money to spend but either players or clubs were rejecting us. Sloukas was the first major coup. Once talks broke down with Oly, DPG went all in offering Costas the biggest contract of his career. Ataman and DPG knew that Sloukas was a big piece we were after. With Sloukas the new PAO team had a shot for the play ins. With Nun we have a shot for the F4. That's the differance they make. Grigonis was expecting to be tapped on the shoulder to find a new team but he said to PAO he wants to start training early before the pre-season. PAO appointed him a coach and he started his personal preseason 25 days before the actual beginning of PAO's pre-season!!! That's how badly he wanted to prove he belonged to the team. It helped that Ataman once said in an interview many years ago that Grigonis is a player he likes.

                            Untimately we didn't manage a single top priority signing, if we had our way with our main targets our starting 5 would be:

                            1) Campazzo, Vildoza, Grant
                            2) Punter, Sloukas
                            3)Hezonja, Papapetrou, Grigonis(???)
                            4) Mirotic, Mitoglou
                            5) Veselj, Lessort, Kostas Antetokounpo

                            That would be a pretty scary team to play against
                            Last edited by EverGreen; 03-30-2024, 09:47 PM.
                            Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
                            Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

                            Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

                            Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

                            When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by EverGreen View Post

                              Olympiakos waited for the last possible minute for Dorsey and signed him. It was a success. PAO waited a very long time for Mykhailiuk. We were very patient with him. After he signed with Boston we went for Kendrick Nunn. Thankfully Oly was desparate because of the poor start and in a state of panic signed Brazdeikis who has been a major flop. PAO failed in many signing expeditions in Punter, Veselj (Barca rejected the 1 million buy out we offered), Shengelia (Virtus wanted money to release him to PAO after they found out we were offering buy outs), we asked RM about Hezonja with Madrid replying WE ARE NOT DISCUSSING, Mirotic rejected a 6 million over 2 years contract because he didnt want to suffer the toxicity of PAO-OLY, Willy Hernangomez rejected PAO's offer for Barca so in a desperate state we signed Balcerowski hoping it would work.

                              We had money to spend but either players or clubs were rejecting us. Sloukas was the first major coup. Once talks broke down with Oly, DPG went all in offering Costas the biggest contract of his career. Ataman and DPG knew that Sloukas would draw other good players. With Sloukas the new PAO team had a shot for the play ins. With Nun we have a shot for the F4. That's the differance they make. Grigonis was expecting to be tapped on the shoulder to find a new team but he said to PAO he wants to start training early before the pre-season. PAO appointed him a coach and he started his personal preseason 25 days before the actual beginning of PAO's pre-season!!! That's how badly he wanted to prove he belonged to the team. It helped that Ataman once said in an interview many years ago that Grigonis is a player he likes.
                              I know, but this is different situation. This team won't have a lot of changes. Maybe Hezonja, definitely new center and then Nunn. He is literally the main player. I don't think Panathinaikos will allow themselves to wait till end of the summer to see him going somewhere in the NBA. What to do then? All good players have clubs already then. I don't see Panathinaikos being very flexible but we will see. Last summer we had to wait because we didn't have anyone and we were making team from the bottom.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Edgar View Post

                                I know, but this is different situation. This team won't have a lot of changes. Maybe Hezonja, definitely new center and then Nunn. He is literally the main player. I don't think Panathinaikos will allow themselves to wait till end of the summer to see him going somewhere in the NBA. What to do then? All good players have clubs already then. I don't see Panathinaikos being very flexible but we will see. Last summer we had to wait because we didn't have anyone and we were making team from the bottom.
                                As things stand currently PAO would look for 3 new additions. Vildoza, Juancho and Balce are on their way out unless things change dramatically on how they play. Vildoza has another 2 years at 1,7 a season, Juancho another on 2,3 million but I don't think they will want to stay if Ataman says he has no confidence in them. They will go to the highest bidder for their contract. PAO might have to carry some of that freight. All we need basically is Hezonja, Micic and Tavarez. If Nunn doesnt stay, expect an offer for Larkin. I wouldnt mind Veselj even at his age. I've always liked him.
                                Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
                                Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

                                Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

                                Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

                                When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information