EuroCup 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EuroCup 22/23

Eurocup starts tomorrow so seems like the right time to start a thread. Must say I am not sure who the favorites are but seems like some of the best teams are Gran Canaria, Joventut, and Budocnost. Who else has what it takes to win it all? Also I have started a Eurocup H2H League and Classic League. The code for H2H is CBFD337C and for the classic league just search IBN Classic.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
    Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Eurocup this season will be probably weakest in last few years. In my opinion first row of contenders are Joventut, Venezia and Gran Canaria. Second level is Buducnost, Olimpija and Bursa,

Comment

Originally posted by Nemanja95 View Post
      Eurocup this season will be probably weakest in last few years. In my opinion first row of contenders are Joventut, Venezia and Gran Canaria. Second level is Buducnost, Olimpija and Bursa,
      Ok, will keep an eye out for Venezia. Between all the teams that moved up to EL and no Russian teams seems that way. Also would have been big for Boulogne to be in with Victor. Seems like for me EuroCup this year has a few big time American college players though. I am a pretty big Wisconsin fan so Dekker is interesting to me. Not sure why he did not make the NBA though. 3pt shot though was never to great.

Comment

Venezia has played interesting by years, something they missed, they are not first contender by quality, but they can fight for winning of Eurocup. Boulogne Levallois doesn't play Eurocup, this is Paris newfounded club, his president I think was own of chief of basketball executives in Minesota Timberwolves. Dekker is very interesting player, I 'd like how he played in Lokomotiv Kuban, last few years he almost gone from high level of basketball.

Comment

Venezia has played interesting by years, something they missed, they are not first contender by quality, but they can fight for winning of Eurocup. Boulogne Levallois doesn't play Eurocup, this is Paris newfounded club, his president I think was own of chief of basketball executives in Minesota Timberwolves. Dekker is very interesting player, I 'd like how he played in Lokomotiv Kuban, last few years he almost gone from high level of basketball.
          Rough start for Dekker. Saw some of the game, but not sure why he only played 5 minutes. Going to assume he got injured.

Comment

GC had to struggle their for a while to beat Warsaw. Buducnost and Venice lost. Joventut looking pretty good. Paris and Tel Aviv also pretty impressive. Probably would put money on Joventut right now though.

Comment

I watched only Ulm Venezia, more or less expected impression for now. Buducnost two day before this game, played against CZ in Aba league they lost slightly. Paris is last in LNB Pro A league. Joventut is so-so, how looks like they were better last year. Gran Canaria has more complete and balanced roster then last season. Eurocup is pretty long, significance of results are increased how competition goes on. If we add probably incomplete rosters of most of teams, current shape in playoffs. we cannot really estimate for now, who 'll be where.

Comment

Promitheas looking good these first two games. See how they do in Greek play against OLY and PAO.

Comment

Originally posted by ncjazz View Post
                  Promitheas looking good these first two games. See how they do in Greek play against OLY and PAO.
                  Vassilis Spanoulis also made a solid team with Peristeri.
                  Also AEK and Paok looking strong.....its going to be more contending for the two big clubs this year.

Comment

Wow! What a run Promitheas must have had. Game looked well over so I switched to another game. See if they can bring home a win.

Comment

Originally posted by zubitos View Post
                      Vassilis Spanoulis also made a solid team with Peristeri.
                      Also AEK and Paok looking strong.....its going to be more contending for the two big clubs this year.
                      I disagree. No matter how "ok" these teams are doing they are doing they will at most manage to give Pao a tough time. Oly will win easily the domestic league this year.
                      3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

Finally a victory for Cedevita. I can't belive it took them so long, but also from all teams to beat Ulm that is title contender. Injuries were problem at first games, but now with full roster Cedevita looks how I expected before the season. Best wishes for the remainder of the season Slovenians

Comment

Dustin Hogue moved from Prometey to Promitheas.

Prometey signed canadian PG Marek Classen. A bit dissapointing signing, probably club trying to save some budjet.
                          Euroleague advanced stats and analytics

basket-stats.net

Comment

Originally posted by EugeneUkraine View Post
                            Dustin Hogue moved from Prometey to Promitheas.

Prometey signed canadian PG Marek Classen. A bit dissapointing signing, probably club trying to save some budjet.
                            Maybe Promitheas payed buyout, so Prometey coundn't say no to the money they wanted to give.

Comment

Hapoel TLV coming to a 2nd spot after last round. This team is be coming more and more interesting to watch, some of their players are legit EL quality. Buducnost dropping down to the 6th spoth. Green and O'Brien are yet to adapt to the new team, but how things are going they will be crucial addons to this Buducnost roster.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information