Euroleague Regular Season: Week 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
    C'mon oldie, it was London Towers, how could you forget it, shame on you Skyliners were from Frankfurt with iconic Pascal Roller, then Lugano Snakes from Switzerland, Portuguese Ovarense... what a times for Euroleague
    Well, those are happy times imo, with more fair system.

Parker said that Asvel will have huge problems in near future because he cannot finance them alone without government assistance. I can't see this like a good way for euroleague.

Comment

Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
      This is really a shame, I agree with you! I remember a game (I think in 99/00 when this split between EL and Suproleague took place) when Partizan beat them in overtime in London and celebrated like they won Euroleague. My father commented in front of TV something like: "Look at this idiots..."
      Heh, you at least escaped, while we (Zalgiris) had no problems with London Towers as much as I recall, but we managed to lose in Switzerland vs Snakes, they had that short PG (maybe some 175cm) Jamal Rich, who played in Lithuania for Alytus before, he scored like 30pts against us. That was a big one in Lithuania Of course Zalgiris back then was still on hard hangover after winning EL, but losing against Swiss in basketball was smth

Originally posted by Obina View Post
      Well, those are happy times imo, with more fair system.

Parker said that Asvel will have huge problems in near future because he cannot finance them alone without government assistance. I can't see this like a good way for euroleague.
      It was that season when we had FIBA's Suproleague too, so EL had to attract some clubs. But it was a bit too much. Most of these clubs were really not ready, losing all games. I liked a system with couple of qualifying rounds, also when local league champions (or 3-year cycle winners of local champs) were getting right to play next season (or 3-years license), but runner-ups also had a chance via league ranking. Never was a fan of closed league, even tho I get why it is happening.
      Regarding Parker, he plays small mind games here IMO. It's covid thing, France government banned fans from arena, so Tony asks for support then. Overall, looking at whole situation with the club, now they are getting money from Olympique Lyonnais football club, few millions euros, and most likely Parker should become president of it soon enough, so that will be big back up for Asvel too. I guess if everything will go back to normal, Asvel might become only stronger with years to come

Comment

Excited to see a game in Tel Aviv tonight, should be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by ncjazz View Post
          I still want to know what other EL GMs were doing not offering Loyd more cash. Red Star roster is pretty impressive for their budget. Add O'Bryant back in and they can give any team a hard time.
          unfortunately, we look better without job.. he need to learn that he isn't first star, and that in zvezda team is on first place, not individual statistic.. he`s got big quality, but unless he doesnt dedicete to team, i dont se good future with him..

Comment

Originally posted by AmonRA View Post
            unfortunately, we look better without job.. he need to learn that he isn't first star, and that in zvezda team is on first place, not individual statistic.. he`s got big quality, but unless he doesnt dedicete to team, i dont se good future with him..
            We in complete look better and also especially Loyd looks a lot better without Johnny on the court. I really think he could provide some quality but first games I didn't like his usage at all. Even though I suppose Obradovic forced him to take a lot of shots to bring back his self confidence and feeling after months long absence.

Comment

Originally posted by edvinas9 View Post
              Excited to see a game in Tel Aviv tonight, should be a good one.
              Maccabi vs Zalgiris is always a great game, but tonight its gonna be really good one like you said.
              Zalgiris are great this season but Maccabi must take this game.
              https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

Who needs James when you have Hilliard?
                Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
                2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
                Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

Man, fuck this website at this point. I still get double captcha everytime I click the bookmark on mobile (deleted cookies etc). Just writing so that it gets seen because apparently admins don't care about the issues thread in main forum. I don't give enough fucks about here to select 4/9 planes every fucking time
                  Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                  Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                  Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                  Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Hilliard hits everything. Very good game from Baskonia. Pitty if they don't take it. Like so often at the end pure individual quality wins it over good defense and hard fight anyways.

Comment

Who is that in Bender's jersey?

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
                        Man, fuck this website at this point. I still get double captcha everytime I click the bookmark on mobile (deleted cookies etc). Just writing so that it gets seen because apparently admins don't care about the issues thread in main forum. I don't give enough fucks about here to select 4/9 planes every fucking time
                        On PC, I first check the box, then click on SKIP, then BACK in browser. Every time I skip boring checks of cars and traffic lights...

Comment

Did not see this type of thrashing in MTA-ZAL game.

Comment

Originally posted by arelg View Post
                            Maccabi vs Zalgiris is always a great game, but tonight its gonna be really good one like you said.
                            Zalgiris are great this season but Maccabi must take this game.
                            Excitement vanished in two minutes.

Comment

WTF happened in TA? 30 lead and all that without Hunter...
                              I'm far from celebrating - it's 2020 after all, and Bender still needs to remember how to put a layup in..
                              Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
                                On PC, I first check the box, then click on SKIP, then BACK in browser. Every time I skip boring checks of cars and traffic lights...
                                I seldom use PC after the evening so mobile for me. Well see if things get better.

Maccabi seems strong, they will be in the playoffs and then some imo
                                Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                                Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                                Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                                Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information