FIBA vs ULEB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    you're essentially saying that you are against fair competition.You want those particular 11 teams to have an unfair advantage over the rest..
    You think it would be more fair if all 16 teams had guaranteed spot?
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 06-01-2017, 07:03 PM.
    previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
      I see Fener fans are bouncing way too much, guys, don't. Stop viewing with a jaundiced eye to everything on the slightest pretense. The president remarked upon the current injustice in European basketball, however Fener fans took it personal. It is quite funny to see Fener fans being the dauntless guards of Euroleague, trying to defend the injustice with ridiculous claims. I bet Bertomeu is bursting with pride nowadays thanks to Fener fans' justification attempts. Hopefully, Euroleague will give lifelong service award to these overproud fans. You have all those A-licenses, we don't want any. Orman said, even if we win the league title and Euroleague offers a WC to us, he won't send the team to this corrupt organization. It's all yours, keep on deceiving yourselves.
      Since that's not going to happen when European Champion Fenerbahce is around, you don't have to consider that option.

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post

Fikret Orman is 100% right. It is another story whether we will be the champion, the reality is that the chances are extremely slim for us, however you can't deny the fact that we are playing very good basketball despite having a limited budget and players, no matter, at the end we will reach the glory or not. It is frustrating to know that we won't be able to play at the highest level of European basketball from the sides of players, staff, sponsors and board. All we want is equality. Ignorant fans will keep on repeating the same things like parrot; temporary success, find strong sponsors and etc. Anyway, we are not on the same frequency with them.
      Fikret Orman is a joke, and he isn't right, since he is talking about something that he doesn't know.

Alex Ferrer Kristjansson : ''We will not answer Fikret Orman because he is talking about something he doesn't know. People should gain information before talking.''

''Euroleague's financial sharing criteria are equal for every club. Unlike Fikret Orman thinks, the clubs are the shareholders of the league and they take the every necessary information that the civil law presented to them and they take every decision -includes financial sharing- on their own. Euroleague Basketball belongs to the clubs and they work only for them.''

FENERBAHÇE
      --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
      --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
      --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
      --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
        yYou want those particular 11 teams to have an unfair advantage over the rest..
        "Unfair advantage" in this context sounds funny. Is it an advantage, that you are forced to waste millions year after year?

What's unfair about that? The other teams save a lot of money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hot Spot View Post
          "Unfair advantage" in this context sounds funny. Is it an advantage, that you are forced to waste millions year after year?

What's unfair about that? The other teams save a lot of money.
          you know who else wastes millons year after year?Manchester United..and a dozen of other soccer teams..but Uefa doesnt guarantee anyone any place in Champions League?Why?Because that's what freaking sports are about.you gotta prove your worth on the field/court.It's called sporting merit,an uknown concept for Jordi and his puppets..

Jordi's A licenced teams dont gain an advantage?Are you kiddin me?tell that to spanish teams that finished above of Barcelona,italian teams who finished above Milano,Turkish teams that finished above Efes Pilsen but have zero chance of playing in the euroleague,sth they earned on the court,because a scumbag lawyer from Catalonia and his friends decided a few years ago that 11 teams will play forever no matter how they perform on the court,and the rest can go fvck themselves and live off their crumbs..

Comment

• FIBA Europe statement on FIBA Europe-Euroleague termination agreement case
            FIBA Europe confirms that on Friday June 16 it received the ruling of the Luxembourg Commercial Court, ordering Euroleague Properties SA to pay FIBA Europe €900,000

In response to media inquiries, FIBA Europe confirms that on Friday June 16 it received the ruling of the Luxembourg Commercial Court, ordering Euroleague Properties SA, a subsidiary of Euroleague Commercial Assets SA, to pay FIBA Europe €900,000 plus interest, an indemnification of €1,500 and to bear all costs of the proceedings.

In its decision, which may be appealed by either party, the Court found that the contract between FIBA Europe and Euroleague Properties came to an end in January 2015; the fees awarded in favor of FIBA Europe cover the period between 2012 and 2015, while no fees are due after that date.

The Court also held that the introduction of the new FIBA calendar did not represent a breach of contract by FIBA Europe, although this was the stated reason for Euroleague Properties' decision to refuse payment between 2012 and 2015.
            "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

• If that was the contract, they're entitled to the payment.

But why did it take them ten days to publish the result? and only after they were specifically asked about it by the media? Why would they try to keep it a secret? strange.
              Unless they don't feel it's a victory for them. I guess they didn't get all they were asking for. my guess is - the ruling that they are not entitled to anything since 2015 is what bugs them, because it has consequences for the future as well.

Comment

• The beginning of the end of Bertomeu 's mafia.
                After Vlade Divac's open letter, five members of the EU parliament have presented a question in favor of the new FIBA calendar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Platonic View Post
                  The beginning of the end of Bertomeu 's mafia.
                  http://www.eurohoops.net/en/fiba/476...ibas-calendar/
                  Translation: "Honorable justice fighters" of FIBA permitted NBA players not to participate but they try to make it a bargaining chip against Euroleague
                  Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                  Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                  Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                  Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• It is unbelievable how people from excluded countries are on the side of Bertomeu.The team i support is Panathinaikos and we have an A licence that seems we will never abolish in Bertomeu s mafia system.My friend vivo tell me something....Would you like the champion of your country(Iceland i suppose) to have the opportunity to compete at least in qualification of the top European club competetion?This season the champion of your country is KR Reykjavik.Me, i want them to participate ....what about you???If guys from excluded countries support Berti s mafia i am afraid that we have what we deserve in European scene.

Comment

• Originally posted by Platonic View Post
                      It is unbelievable how people from excluded countries are on the side of Bertomeu.The team i support is Panathinaikos and we have an A licence that seems we will never abolish in Bertomeu s mafia system.My friend vivo tell me something....Would you like the champion of your country(Iceland i suppose) to have the opportunity to compete at least in qualification of the top European club competetion?This season the champion of your country is KR Reykjavik.Me, i want them to participate ....what about you???If guys from excluded countries support Berti s mafia i am afraid that we have what we deserve in European scene.
                      Dude, I'm Turkish, I just wanted to use Icelandic flag because it is seemingly a great country and it is boring as hell to see 52 Turkish flags and 84 Greek flags in a forum.

About the actual discussion, I think a structured and economically powerful European league is the only way to prevent NBA teams make Europe their bitch - so here is my two cents.
                      Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                      Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                      Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                      Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Ok,i see.... just we have different point of view.I believe structured and economically powerful European league needs to open new markets and not isolate the interest in few countries.By the way i d like very much Besiktas to participate,as some years ago i was glad that Pinar Karsiyaka did...but all these obvious things to happen need to be changed this ill situation.

Comment

• Neither of the two sides approaches the matter with clean hands.
                          for FIBA to say that NBA players' absence is OK, in fact it's a good thing because it allows new talents to show themselves... and then say "but Euroleague players? dear God, they must be present!" is just as hypocritical.

From the EL standpoint I think they were cornered by FIBA on this one, and EL came out the losing side.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheMirror View Post
                            Neither of the two sides approaches the matter with clean hands.
                            for FIBA to say that NBA players' absence is OK, in fact it's a good thing because it allows new talents to show themselves... and then say "but Euroleague players? dear God, they must be present!" is just as hypocritical.

From the EL standpoint I think they were cornered by FIBA on this one, and EL came out the losing side.
                            same organization which runs EL said no for EL players but didn't say no for the players playing eurocup.
                            also a competition organized by the same organization.
                            isn't that also hypocritical?
                            "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Picek View Post
                              same organization which runs EL said no for EL players but didn't say no for the players playing eurocup.
                              also a competition organized by the same organization.
                              isn't that also hypocritical?
                              Like I said, neither side has entirely clean hands in that.
                              Eurocup has fewer games than Euroleague, so it's easier to be more flexible with its schedule.
                              But since it's just two games, both sides could have been more creative in solving that particular issue if they really wanted to.

But why are Eurolueage players so critical if you give up on NBA players to begin with, and say that it's OK because it "gives a chance to new talents"? so, now there's even more chance for new talents....

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
                                Dude, I'm Turkish, I just wanted to use Icelandic flag because it is seemingly a great country and it is boring as hell to see 52 Turkish flags and 84 Greek flags in a forum.

About the actual discussion, I think a structured and economically powerful European league is the only way to prevent NBA teams make Europe their bitch - so here is my two cents.
                                You think that top European players go to the NBA for the money?

The main reason is that they want to challenge themselves in the best league in the world against players like LeBron James.

How is Bertomeu's mafia system going to solve that?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information