Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Doncic be the best Euro player of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me it sounds very strange that elite player in any sport can be considered best of all time just after 5 years on highest levels.

When all time greats usually put 12-15 elite year streach of career to be just considered and had arguments.

How Gianni's takes care of his body and how Luka it's real discussion who will better player let's say at 2027.

Gianni's is LeBron/Kobe working ethics wise , Luka more looks like Shaq lifestyle wise that never took his body seriously.Eventually even great ones pays price for lack of that.

Best years for Doncic will be till 30, for Gianni's till 33-34.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
      For me it sounds very strange that elite player in any sport can be considered best of all time just after 5 years on highest levels.

When all time greats usually put 12-15 year streach of career to be just considered and had arguments.

How Gianni's take care of his body and how Luka it's real discussion who will better player let's say at 2027.

Gianni's is LeBron/Kobe working ethics wise , Luka more looks like Shaq lifestyle wise that never took his body seriously.Eventually even great ones pays price for lack of that.

A player who lives from his athleticism only till 33-34 and with this workload and a problematic knee? Very doubtful. I think with 31 he will start losing his superb athleticism successively

Comment

I would rather say Doncic is the guy who has better options to play longer this level. He doesnt count on athleticism or explosiveness and knowledge, touch and so. wont disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridirkulous View Post
          How is this relevant. The NBA is the place were the best players play because that's where they're paid best. Does not make the European exports there less European and their wins in Eurobasket less European basketball.
          I have no idea what you are talking about. My post is in response to Toruko saying that he only cares about European accomplishments and not the NBA. And since he hates Schroeder as a player I want him to be consistent and give him his due if he wins this same tournament.
          Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
            I have no idea what you are talking about. My post is in response to Toruko saying that he only cares about European accomplishments and not the NBA. And since he hates Schroeder as a player I want him to be consistent and give him his due if he wins this same tournament.
            I can give him just so much that I acknowledge his development as a play maker. I dont know if I hate him.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
              I can give him just so much that I acknowledge his development as a play maker. I dont know if I hate him.
              Maybe that for the first time he has German teammates that actually can score and have offensive abilities as opposed to before when he didn’t and looked for his shot more.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                I would rather say Doncic is the guy who has better options to play longer this level. He doesnt count on athleticism or explosiveness and knowledge, touch and so. wont disappear.
                I think the time will come that he will have to get in a lot better shape or else his game will suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
                  Apologies. I was not aware of this background information. I thought it was just a general remark related to NBA vs European basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridirkulous View Post
                    Apologies. I was not aware of this background information. I thought it was just a general remark related to NBA vs European basketball.
                    Yeah no problem. I just want people to be consistent. The same tournament can’t mean everything for one player and nothing for another.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post

When all time greats usually put 12-15 elite year streach of career to be just considered and had arguments.

How Gianni's takes care of his body and how Luka it's real discussion who will better player let's say at 2027.

Can not is.

Luka is build like a tank. He can play his ultra slow game till he's 40. But he might need to care a little better for his body then.

If Giannis suffers 1 serious injury, his career as top player will be over quickly. He can't survive being a little less athletic.
                      Last edited by Killer Bob; 09-15-2022, 01:52 PM.
                      previously known as Beno

Comment

• Luka has to drop some weight. It’s one thing to carry that weight and put stress on the knees when you’re in your early 20’s but it’s a different story later on. It will wear on him big time. Other than that he’s an IQ player that doesn’t rely on athleticism so he’ll be fine.

Comment

• Potentially Eurobasket MVP’s Lorenzo Brown 1, Luka Doncic 0.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information