[round1, day2] Game D/5: Italy - Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bukefalos View Post
    Aradori is averaging 15ppg in euroleague while Akyol is usually shaking towel for bench
    ...and what I'm constantly saying is that Akyol wouldn't have to do that. It would only take a bit wiser long-term oriented management, that would jump on the F4 right away from skratch filling club rosters with either veteran average Turks or hiper-paid foreigners, but giving a chance to a home raised kid that isn't yet on the level to perform, but will get there shortly if some trust is invested in him. It didn't take Arslan more than sth. like 20 minutes per game and not even a status of first PG in Olimpija as well as only half of a season for Efes (I think it was them) to realise he can actualy play on euroleague level and be usefull. I wonder if he ever received that chance if it wasn't for his decision to get to Ljubljana just to get a chance. To my opinion Balbay is the perfect example of a player that only needs a season of a chance and Akyol is the perfect example of a good talent, that got wasted on the bench in the time when for example some Domen Lorbek or some randomly less talented player was receiving a chance at high level.

In my opinion it's not the sole issue, but Turkish backcourt is partly also hurting due to that impatience in the clubs as young guard talent repeatedly gets neglected and stagnates compared to some other countries.
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Damn, I thought we couldn't snatch a win without getting points from Datome and with Cusin early in foul trouble. LOL.
      Tonight Gigi went even scoreless (!!) and Cusin made his second foul after just a couple of minutes and it happened to be a comfortable win.
      Turkey has to be blamed, definitely, but I loved the dedication and the attitude displayed by our guys, it seems that our remaining stars (Belinelli, Datome, Diener) are very focused and motivated and willing to share their duties with the other guys. It's very important that we're finding consistency from most of the others, Melli, Aradori and Gentile were great tonight, I hope they finally realize how much ridiculously talented they are, it's mostly a matter of mental strength.
      Sky's the limit for Gentile if he learns how to keep his cool and improves his outside shot which needs to be a bit more arched.

Comment

I'd like to dedicate this number to my NT, just replace all "England"s with "Turkey"

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        la piscine, j'adore la piscine! towels, sunscreens, bathing suits. diving boards and towels. those ladders, towels.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd20 View Post
          Damn, I thought we couldn't snatch a win without getting points from Datome and with Cusin early in foul trouble. LOL.
          Tonight Gigi went even scoreless (!!) and Cusin made his second foul after just a couple of minutes and it happened to be a comfortable win.
          Turkey has to be blamed, definitely, but I loved the dedication and the attitude displayed by our guys, it seems that our remaining stars (Belinelli, Datome, Diener) are very focused and motivated and willing to share their duties with the other guys. It's very important that we're finding consistency from most of the others, Melli, Aradori and Gentile were great tonight, I hope they finally realize how much ridiculously talented they are, it's mostly a matter of mental strength.
          Sky's the limit for Gentile if he learns how to keep his cool and improves his outside shot which needs to be a bit more arched.
          yup, you guys have the most talented young backcourt in Europe in my opinion.
          If only you managed to raise some competent and talented bigs too, you would be on the level of Spain, if not better. I still remember how you fellas beat the most talented lithuanian team ever (2004 Olympics) and went on to the Olympic final - the threes were raining like mad that day Hopefully some day you'll reach similar level again

Comment

Originally posted by inefeswetrust View Post
            i laughed so hard
            I already explained the way I meant it though.

Before the beginning of the tournament, I never thought that Turkey could go all the way. In my predictions I thought 9-12, maybe 5-8 with a bit of luck. But I certainly believed that they had better players than Italy or Finland. And I honestly think that most of the people shared the same belief.

Comment

i'm definitely proud of these guys

i'm so happy for our younger players melli and gentile...

above all for melli,he is playing very well like C,but he is a natural PF,I hope he is realizing the great talent that has...

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                If only you managed to raise some competent and talented bigs too, you would be on the level of Spain,
                bargnani,gallinari,polonara (the best under 22 in the last season in italy),cervi born '91 a 2.15 tall very promising as intimidator, but to build on offense,tessitori a '94 born that the next year will play the first time in the first italian division,maybe the best big guy for the future a 4/5 of 2.08 with very good offensive skills and great fighter(a sort of italian felipe reyes) ...

Comment

Nah, in the times of anger, we all make some hasty conclusions I think.

Team selection might not be optimal, we really have glaring weaknesses even on paper, but we do have talented players. At least enough talent to have a decent tournament. The immediate cause is we are terribly underperforming. While disclosure of root cause requires some deep analysis, which I'm not personally capable of...

In my opinion, Cenk Akyol would not help this team, either. He had been a part of this NT so long, he had so many chances to prove himself that I myself have given up on him. His overt political stance was nice, and I liked him more as a person, but really, Cenk is not a player that can help you at high level. As a country we simply do not have any quality SG or SF, anyway.

We can only hope for miracles from now on. I believe we can beat Sweden!
                  Last edited by Levenspiel; 09-06-2013, 01:13 PM.
                  5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                    If only you managed to raise some competent and talented bigs too, you would be on the level of Spain, if not better. I still remember how you fellas beat the most talented lithuanian team ever (2004 Olympics) and went on to the Olympic final - the threes were raining like mad that day Hopefully some day you'll reach similar level again
                    Thanks man, I appreciate it.
                    Well, backcourt has always been the real strength of Italy, it looks like it will be the same this time despite the loss of Hackett who is in my opinion our best (or at least the more complete) guard. Best news for us is team chemistry and attitude, nice to see talented but often selfish players like Belinelli and Gentile fighting and hustling on the court, it seems all of our guys are going in the same direction.
                    Let's just hope they can make this last, it would be a shame if they relax and underrate Finland (which is a good team for sure) tomorrow, but I don't think this will happen, I'm more confident now.

Polonara should be a lock at the PF position for the years to come, we also got some nice youngsters in there like Abass, Landi or Lombardi, although I'm not sure they will all turn into NT players. Unfortunately I don't see dominant inside big men, unless Riccardo Cervi manages to become something more than just a shotblocking machine, as for now he can't really play as he should. Amedeo Tessitori could be the only one, but I have to say he looks good and promising, so I cross my fingers...

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                      Who knows, maybe if Italy would broght Bargnani and Gallinari they wouldn't look like this and maybe it would be even much worse than this.
                      well,so lituania without kalnietis,kleiza and valanciunas would be a better team?

Comment

I am Pietro fucking Aradori
                        THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL View Post
                          I am Pietro fucking Aradori
                          Pietro aka "The Shark" (nick given to him by a TV opinionist and basketball coach, Stefano Michelini)...

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information