Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Players that we can have naturalized

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Someone like Dhoutit, the only PBA import I can think of that at least has his height and I think is better defensively is Adam Parada although Dhoutit has better offense. Adam Parada can't be naturalized though since he already played for Mexico.

    Bowles plays like a SF/PF so I don't know if he fits what our team needs. Dunnigan is smaller than Dhoutit but is more agile.

    Comment


    • I prefer if we get a 6'8 SF who in the mold of Ronaldo Balkman without the attitude... And then develop our bigs like Van Opstal, Fajardo, Slaughter, Sanggalang, and Almazan..
      And hopefully we can develop a 6'3-6'5 pg as well (Parks perhaps)..In that case you will have a triple tower upfront and a tall pg at the back...

      We can afford to naturalize a SF since our bigs are starting to be as tall as Asian counterparts.. All we need to do is just develop them like sending them to big man's camp...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by AlYuson View Post
        No pun intended..do you mean we have good local big men for local competition only or for fiba tournaments. As far as international competition is concerned..I could only think of the kraken junmar fajardo but he still needs strength and skills offensively and defensively to battle head on against dominating big men of asia like haddadi and yi jinlian of iran and china respectively.
        IMHO Greg Slaughter is a better defender and he plays better against player of he's same height. Junemar hasn't proven that he can do the things he does against pba big men. I hope this will be a learning experience for him that playing against taller and better competition will make him better.
        Win or Lose let's support Pilipinas Basketball Team. Mabuhay Pilipinas.

        Comment


        • Lets find a legitimate 7-footer whose around 24 to 26 years old as our naturalized player. I think we need a very tall, highly skilled & tough-defending big guy to challenge Iran's Hadadi & the Chinese bigs.

          Kung meron sanang seven-foot version of Marcus Douthit who's a bit more athletic, but equally smart & tough.
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

          Comment


          • I am not pro Greg where are the people saying that Greg has regressed and Junmar will wreck havoc in asian competition..
            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
              Lets find a legitimate 7-footer whose around 24 to 26 years old as our naturalized player. I think we need a very tall, highly skilled & tough-defending big guy to challenge Iran's Hadadi & the Chinese bigs.

              Kung meron sanang seven-foot version of Marcus Douthit who's a bit more athletic, but equally smart & tough.
              That's what I am talking about..I don't know if Dunnigan can handle Heddadi or even Yi.Maybe someone who is a post version and more matured version of CJ Giles.Someone who is 6'10 or 6'11 without shoes on,has 7'3 wingspan and has double,double stats (or close to that) during his college years.The problem is,the US also has limited big men and like what was said in previous topics, a big an usually costs higher in salaries than forwards or guards. I think one candidate for me right now is former Marshall player and Chris Lutz former team mate, Hassan Whiteside.
              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                That's what I am talking about..I don't know if Dunnigan can handle Heddadi or even Yi.Maybe someone who is a post version and more matured version of CJ Giles.Someone who is 6'10 or 6'11 without shoes on,has 7'3 wingspan and has double,double stats (or close to that) during his college years.The problem is,the US also has limited big men and like what was said in previous topics, a big an usually costs higher in salaries than forwards or guards. I think one candidate for me right now is former Marshall player and Chris Lutz former team mate, Hassan Whiteside.
                That guy is like cj giles. Just Tall and athletic and nothing more. How about we get a tall and young african like qatar is doing and put him in a tough ncaa hs like san beda? Ateneo already is doing this i believe. Sorry sent from my phone

                Comment


                • Dunnigan for me. Dozier already involved with france I think. Bowles is soft, just look at their series with alaska jacking up jumpers instead of mixing it up inside.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by reamily View Post
                    I am not pro Greg where are the people saying that Greg has regressed and Junmar will wreck havoc in asian competition..

                    +10000

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                      I think one candidate for me right now is former Marshall player and Chris Lutz former team mate, Hassan Whiteside.
                      I suggest a player like recent Celtics draftee Colton Iverson, Hawks draftee Mike Muscala or if we're lucky Jeff Withey.

                      Specializing in drafts with top players on the NBA horizon, player profiles, scouting reports, rankings and prospective international recruits.

                      Specializing in drafts with top players on the NBA horizon, player profiles, scouting reports, rankings and prospective international recruits.

                      Specializing in drafts with top players on the NBA horizon, player profiles, scouting reports, rankings and prospective international recruits.


                      overall, I think it would be easier to find a young (15 year old) african and groom them to become our naturalized center.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by reamily View Post
                        I am not pro Greg where are the people saying that Greg has regressed and Junmar will wreck havoc in asian competition..
                        In sharks game, fajardo was in foul trouble but greg more than held his own against zhu. Fajardo needs more improvement in defense but still he is young.

                        Comment


                        • the last play of Douthit during the RP-SK semis game was very memorable for me. as douthit grimaced in pain because of his injured/bruised shin, he was trying his best to defend the post. he was limping and slow in the paint. i felt pity yet admired his desire to play despite the injury. good thing our locals stepped up for him. no doubt, douthit is our best bigman. and we should be very thankful he completed the missing piece in our puzzle to become a contender in asian basketball. i really appreciate his effort. he's american by blood but filipino by law and by heart. i hope the next naturalized bigman will have the same attitude with Kuya Marcus.

                          Comment


                          • Le pił belle giocate del mese di Dicembre di Mike Dunigan in maglia Perth Wildcats

                            Dunigan and japeth frontcourt tandem would be devastating at the defensive end.
                            Ako ang may pinakamalakas na confidence!

                            Comment


                            • How about Chandler Parson hehehe.. He can realistically play the 3 4 and even 5 at the asian level

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                                How about Chandler Parson hehehe.. He can realistically play the 3 4 and even 5 at the asian level
                                Just wait for 20 years we may have a Filipino Parsons. Not naturalized too. #LabanKC #Puke
                                If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

                                SMALLBALL, bitches..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information