Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippines womens NT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I saw how Dignadice grew up. They never waited until high school for her to start preparing for D1 and they never left it up to schools to develop her. The journey started at around 7. And the whole way she had a "play up" mentality (play against older).

    If a prospect will wait until high school to prepare...it"s too late.

    The 2 current players we have that are aiming for D1...Gemao and Alas...guess how early they were preparing for their D1 goal. A pinoy prospect should be killing it in the local juniors by the time they're a sophomore. And by junior year, they should already be good enough to hang with American prospects. And take note, local schools are just backup plans for them. They knew early on that if they became good enough, they will control their own fate.






    Comment


    • Originally posted by Metta View Post
      I saw how Dignadice grew up. They never waited until high school for her to start preparing for D1 and they never left it up to schools to develop her. The journey started at around 7. And the whole way she had a "play up" mentality (play against older).

      If a prospect will wait until high school to prepare...it"s too late.

      The 2 current players we have that are aiming for D1...Gemao and Alas...guess how early they were preparing for their D1 goal. A pinoy prospect should be killing it in the local juniors by the time they're a sophomore. And by junior year, they should already be good enough to hang with American prospects. And take note, local schools are just backup plans for them. They knew early on that if they became good enough, they will control their own fate.





      Sir Mets.

      what's the height of Sophia right now?

      it seems that she grew a little bit since last year's U18 Latin America International Tournament under the banner of Fil-Nation Select.

      her mom has a decent height,

      I hope she may inherit a few ounce of that from her OG the so-called Mr. Adonis of the PBA.

      I remember vividly during my dirty slippers day, that defensive stand against the feared Captain Lionsheart.

      I dunno but that side by side defenside moves is very effective ..it takes a perfect timing to swipe that ball before it lands to the hand of the Purefoods franchise player..thanks to his long arms.

      Comment


      • She did not grow tall as expected (compared to his dad's height) probably around 5'6. I was expecting her to be really tall because she has long limbs and big feet. It's okay though because she plays PG and is such an elite shooter and ballhandler. Also a very smart defender (her dad coaches her club team).

        Comment


        • Jack danielle animam signs with ringwood hawks in nbl 1 south..
          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

          sigpic

          Comment


          • Ateneo de Manila University boosted its frontcourt after gaining the commitment of San Beda-Alabang center Rish Olivenza. Standing tall at 5-foot-11, the 18-year-old Olivenza brings potential to the Blue Eagles’ roster. Head coach LA Mumar expressed his enthusiasm for adding Olivenza to the team, especially following their strong showing in the previous season’s Final Four. […]

            Comment


            • Pre qualifying tournament for FIBA womens World Cup

              MIES (Switzerland) - The FIBA Women's Basketball World Cup 2026 Pre-Qualifying Tournaments will be held in Mexico and Rwanda between 19 and 25 August 2024.


              “The following nations will compete at the FIBA Women's Basketball World Cup 2026 Pre-Qualifying Tournaments:

              Africa: Senegal, Mali, Rwanda, Mozambique
              Americas: Brazil, Mexico, Venezuela, Argentina
              Asia/Oceania: New Zealand, Korea, Philippines, Lebanon
              Europe: Hungary, Czechia, Montenegro, Great Britain”​
              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

              sigpic

              Comment


              • Looks Gilas material. Born 2008, Palma played for the U16 last year.
                 

                Comment


                • Womens Summit

                  The Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas brought together various stakeholders for the SBP Women’s Summit held last April 12, 2024 at Marco Polo Hotel Ortigas to discuss the future of women’s basketball in the country. SBP Executive Director Erika Dy started discussions about working together to develop an elite women’s basketball league that would benefit the […]


                  “There’s no problem with regards to the competitiveness of college basketball in the country for women, the problem is after college. Where do these players go? Where can they play if they don’t make it to the national team? Kung wala tayong league, we won’t see the late-bloomers, sayang din talaga,” said the SBP Executive Director.”
                  Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • ah brazil.. they have a 6’7 center cardoso who recently drafted by chicago sky of wnba.. dunno if she’ll play..
                    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post

                      ah brazil.. they have a 6’7 center cardoso who recently drafted by chicago sky of wnba.. dunno if she’ll play..
                      Will Vanessa De Jesus play? We badly needed her for atleast to be competitive… or SBP should apply her case to be exempted and hire a NP (atleast FSA playing in the UAAP)… this is will be the first time womens team will compete against the world’s best… Give womens team a support that they deserve.. not just only for mens team…

                      Comment


                      • I just confuse with this new format… that means fiba womens asia cup will no longer be the qualifiers for 2026 fiba womens world cup and this will be the new one? Can someone will explain this?


                        MIES (Switzerland) - The road towards the Women's World Cup 2026 has been determined as the groups for the first-ever Pre-Qualifying Tournaments were confirmed in Thursday's draw.

                        Comment


                        • Since Vanessa is still injured, this is the time to call up Kayla Padilla for her first Gilas stint. Kayla is a bucket-getter and the only way for us to be competitive is to be quick and hit our threes.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Butata View Post
                            Since Vanessa is still injured, this is the time to call up Kayla Padilla for her first Gilas stint. Kayla is a bucket-getter and the only way for us to be competitive is to be quick and hit our threes.
                            good alternate

                            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Butata View Post
                              Since Vanessa is still injured, this is the time to call up Kayla Padilla for her first Gilas stint. Kayla is a bucket-getter and the only way for us to be competitive is to be quick and hit our threes.
                              The 6'3 foreign student of UP is rumored to be being naturalized. We might need a "big" since only Animam is manning the slot.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information