Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIBA ASIA Cup Qualifiers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is Jeremy Lin FIBA eligible or was he granted exemption by FIBA to play for Taiwan as a local player?
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

    Comment


    • The lineup is similar to the last WCQ window plus Kai, Edu, and KQ. We started with:

      Scottie
      CJ
      Dwight
      Brownlee
      Junemar

      That was Chot ball. I believe CTC might opt for:

      Scottie
      Dwight
      Brownlee
      Malonzo
      Junemar

      JB32 is most dangerous when he plays his natural position at SF.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
        Is Jeremy Lin FIBA eligible or was he granted exemption by FIBA to play for Taiwan as a local player?
        neither, can only play as naturalized

        Comment


        • Originally posted by sroth3839 View Post
          The lineup is similar to the last WCQ window plus Kai, Edu, and KQ. We started with:

          Scottie
          CJ
          Dwight
          Brownlee
          Junemar

          That was Chot ball. I believe CTC might opt for:

          Scottie
          Dwight
          Brownlee
          Malonzo
          Junemar

          JB32 is most dangerous when he plays his natural position at SF.
          Not sure with this. Defensively that should be good in Asia-level. But offensively, Dwight at SG might cause some spacing problems. Not as bad as say if Thirdy were there. But Dwight's 30% 3FG is probably lower than other SG candidates. Dwight also played SG and PG for Tab's team. But Tab I guess is even more of a defensive oriented than Tim. That is my ideal as well but I'm just thinking that maybe TC would be more comfortable with a better 3 pt shooter at SG.

          Additionally, this is where the need for a Heading comes in IMO. If Heading were there you could even put Dwight at PG. Dwight is probably not an inferior facilitator to Scottie.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
            Is Jeremy Lin FIBA eligible or was he granted exemption by FIBA to play for Taiwan as a local player?
            He (Lin) will not get exemption case because he wasn't product of Taiwanese basketball program... He played his early days in Harvard, stays in US until 2018... So no chance...

            Comment


            • Lebanon, Syria, Kuwait, Oman, Palestine and Iraq will have their pocket tourney from February 17 - 20 in Beirut

                  أعلنت اللجنة المنظمة لـ “كأس بيروت” لكرة السلة لمنتخبات الرجال، التي ستقام في العاصمة اللبنانية من 17 شباط/ فبراير المقبل ولغاية 20 منه عن المنتخبات المشاركة وهي سوريا والكويت والعراق وفلسطين وعُمان الى جانب المنتخب اللبناني المضيف. وتشكّل البطولة التي تقام بإشراف الاتحاد اللبناني لكرة السلة ومن تنظيم شركة “غلوبال أكتيف سبورتس” مناسبة …

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Rds View Post

                Not sure with this. Defensively that should be good in Asia-level. But offensively, Dwight at SG might cause some spacing problems. Not as bad as say if Thirdy were there. But Dwight's 30% 3FG is probably lower than other SG candidates. Dwight also played SG and PG for Tab's team. But Tab I guess is even more of a defensive oriented than Tim. That is my ideal as well but I'm just thinking that maybe TC would be more comfortable with a better 3 pt shooter at SG.

                Additionally, this is where the need for a Heading comes in IMO. If Heading were there you could even put Dwight at PG. Dwight is probably not an inferior facilitator to Scottie.
                Dwight's team is playing him more at the 2 position lately and it bumped his stats up,in Gilas he can be inserted in certain situations and position as needed.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ARMIR View Post

                  Dwight's team is playing him more at the 2 position lately and it bumped his stats up,in Gilas he can be inserted in certain situations and position as needed.
                  Tim Cone can tolerate the very average shooting of Dwight because he has Brownlee to carry the offensive load.
                  Attack
                  defend
                  Unite

                  Comment


                  • Guam's roster this window (against Japan and Mongolia):

                    C Jonathan Galloway - 6'11
                    C Curtis Washington - 6'10
                    F Tai Wesley - 6'7
                    F Ben Borja - 6'7
                    G/F Earnest Ross - 6'6
                    G/F Mark Johnson - 6'5
                    G Daren Hechanova - 6'3
                    G Joe Blas - 6'3
                    G Reo Aiken - 6'2
                    G Takumi Simon - 6'2
                    G Jericho Cruz - 6'1
                    G Tomas Calvo - 5'10​
                    Attack
                    defend
                    Unite

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                      Guam's roster this window (against Japan and Mongolia):

                      C Jonathan Galloway - 6'11
                      C Curtis Washington - 6'10
                      F Tai Wesley - 6'7
                      F Ben Borja - 6'7
                      G/F Earnest Ross - 6'6
                      G/F Mark Johnson - 6'5
                      G Daren Hechanova - 6'3
                      G Joe Blas - 6'3
                      G Reo Aiken - 6'2
                      G Takumi Simon - 6'2
                      G Jericho Cruz - 6'1
                      G Tomas Calvo - 5'10​
                      Wow. That’s pretty tall.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rds View Post

                        Wow. That’s pretty tall.
                        But let's see how they will fare against Japan.
                        Attack
                        defend
                        Unite

                        Comment


                        • Japan's 22-man pool against Guam and China:

                          C Josh Harrellson - 6'10
                          C Josh Hawkinson - 6'10
                          C Hugh Watanabe - 6'9
                          C Masato Ichikawa - 6'9
                          C Koya Kawamata - 6'8
                          PF Soichiro Inoue - 6'7
                          PF Yuto Kawashima - 6'7
                          SF Ren Kanechika - 6'5
                          SF Raita Akaho - 6'5
                          SF Hirotaka Yoshii - 6'5
                          SF Yudai Baba - 6'5
                          SG Makato Hiejima - 6'3
                          SG Yutaro Suda - 6'3
                          SG Keita Imamura - 6'3
                          SG Yudai Nishida - 6'3
                          SG Keijiro Mitani - 6'3
                          SG Shuta Hara - 6'2
                          G Kai Toews - 6'2
                          G Ryo Abe - 6'1
                          PG Seiya Ando - 5'11
                          PG Yuki Kawamura - 5'8
                          PG Yuki Togashi - 5'6
                          Attack
                          defend
                          Unite

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                            Guam's roster this window (against Japan and Mongolia):

                            C Jonathan Galloway - 6'11
                            C Curtis Washington - 6'10
                            F Tai Wesley - 6'7
                            F Ben Borja - 6'7
                            G/F Earnest Ross - 6'6
                            G/F Mark Johnson - 6'5
                            G Daren Hechanova - 6'3
                            G Joe Blas - 6'3
                            G Reo Aiken - 6'2
                            G Takumi Simon - 6'2
                            G Jericho Cruz - 6'1
                            G Tomas Calvo - 5'10​
                            Personally, I’m excited for this qualifiers… last asia cup qualifiers was cut short due to pandemic, FIBA had to do bubble format to continue some games… the biggest match up in this window are Guam vs Mongolia, Indonesia vs Thailand (battle for being 2nd best ASEAN basketball team), Japan vs China (current best Asian team vs long time Asia’s best), Jordan vs KSA (Nestor Garcia, who coached DR last World Cup will debut for KSA vs RHJ led Jordan), Lebanon vs Syria (Asia’s 2nd best vs team that upgrade their roster) and last PHL vs Taiwan (JB’s first game after suspension)…

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ja.he View Post

                              But let's see how they will fare against Japan.
                              They’re lack of pure PG in their team… Hechanova is not a PRO level guard, he had trouble crossing the ball with Taiwanese trap defense offer to him.. Ross and Cruz are wings, not a true ball handler… Calvo is also same as Hechanova… Guam doesn’t have professional league there… most of their players are overseas players…

                              Comment


                              • Lebanon pool for 1st window of FIBA Asia cup qualifiers:

                                Norvelle Pelle
                                Sergio El Darwich
                                Ali Mzher
                                Gerard Hadidian
                                Wael Arakji
                                Ali Mansour
                                Amir Saoud
                                Karim Zeinoun
                                Hayk Geokgyan
                                Mark Khoueiry
                                Karim Ezzeddine
                                Jad Khalil
                                Omar Jamaleddine​

                                BEIRUT (Lebanon) - The start of the FIBA Asia Cup 2025 Qualifiers is just around the corner, with national teams starting to announce the player lists for the first of three windows.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information