July 2-7 2024 will be the dates
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Based on the 2021 tournament edition, I'm guessing that:

July 2-4- preliminary round
    July 5 - rest
    July 6 - semifinal
    July 7 - final

I hope Gilas would have the benefit of a day's rest this time around, unlike last time when they played back-to-back highly intense prelim games.

Comment

Originally posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
      Originally posted by reamily View Post
      Send developmental etam with kai and Edu as centerpiece, Summer league for Kai? hahahahha no more
      Send a younger team, maybe a U25 with a few slightly older players like Dwight, Will Navarro, maybe Ken Tuffin and Bolick. I might have a pool.​

Guards: RJ (24 going 25), SJ (25), Bahay (19), Competente (19), Dwight (25 going 26), Bolick (28 going 29), Moore (20)
      Wings: Lopez (21), Harris (19), Belmonte (21), Navarro (27), Tuffin (27), Nacua (19 going 20)
      Tweeners: Tamayo (23), M. Amos (20), Konov (18 going 19), Pablo (20)
      Bigs: Kai (22), AJ (23), Kouame (26 going 27, NP), Gagate (20), Demisana (20)

The PBA has too many older players who might not make as big a difference in this context, save for maybe June Mar. Might as well send the young guys for a learning experience. If Terrence is still dynamic, he should be included for upgrade in the guard spot, just have him supported by a competent defense.

Comment

Are Japan and Korea boys available during this time?

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
          Are Japan and Korea boys available during this time?
          KBL's over by April, B.League's over by May. So, most likely, the Japan and SoKor boys are available.

Comment

Originally posted by IPC View Post

Send a younger team, maybe a U25 with a few slightly older players like Dwight, Will Navarro, maybe Ken Tuffin and Bolick. I might have a pool.​

Guards: RJ (24 going 25), SJ (25), Bahay (19), Competente (19), Dwight (25 going 26), Bolick (28 going 29), Moore (20)
            Wings: Lopez (21), Harris (19), Belmonte (21), Navarro (27), Tuffin (27), Nacua (19 going 20)

The PBA has too many older players who might not make as big a difference in this context, save for maybe June Mar. Might as well send the young guys for a learning experience. If Terrence is still dynamic, he should be included for upgrade in the guard spot, just have him supported by a competent defense.
            head coach: Josh Reyes hahaha,

Comment

I'm getting talent-identification vibes on this post but yeah, I agree with the learning experience angle. SMC-PBA superstars' participation won't make much of a difference here, more so if grouped with teams from Europe or the Americas.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodbi View Post
                I'm getting talent-identification vibes on this post but yeah, I agree with the learning experience angle. SMC-PBA superstars' participation won't make much of a difference here, more so if grouped with teams from Europe or the Americas.
                I mean, why not identify talent here, right? Hahahahahaha. Nothing to lose.

Comment

Kai
                  Edu
                  Navarro
                  Clarkson
                  Abarrientos

Bench Dweet, Tomayo, Lebron Lopez, Belangel, Abando

Talent Identification do it on asia cup qualifiers, but the three position so deep with will, dweet, lebron and even caelum ahrris

Talent identifcation become who will be the best 3 and d guy for the starters I mentioned above (as navarro is more of a gabe type sf) and if we will go to a backup 5 or go find stretch 4's..(Tamayo Balti, Gagate, Alter)
                  Last edited by reamily; 09-12-2023, 02:12 PM.
                  To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                  1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
                    Kai
                    Edu
                    Navarro
                    Clarkson
                    Abarrientos

Bench Dweet, Tomayo, Lebron Lopez, Belangel, Abando

Talent Identification do it on asia cup qualifiers
                    I can go with that.

This team is young, but frankly, only Lopez is developmental. Hahahahahahaha. Only 4 players over 25, though (Dwight, Abando, Navarro, JC).

Comment

Before FIBA newest rankings release:

POT 1 : Spain , Slovenia, Lithuania, Greece
                      POT 2: Italy, Brazil, Poland, Montenegro
                      POT 3: Puerto Rico, Finland, DR, Latvia
                      POT 4: Georgia, Mexico, Croatia, New Zealand
                      POT 5: Philippines, Lebanon, Angola, Ivory Coast
                      POT 6: Bahamas, Egypt, Cameroon, Bahrain

For sure expect changes after newest fiba rankings later this month… Bahamas might move to POT 5 to change either Angola or Ivory Coast to POT 6… Italy might replace Greece in POT 1 after QF finish of Italy while Greece didn’t make it into top 8… Latvia might leap their rankings due to very good performance last WC that might move them into POT 1 or 2… the rest might be same… Since Gilas will be on POT 5, they will be one of the lowest rank teams in OQT… expect that we will face top teams in POT 1 or 2… the best match ups for Gilas will be Montenegro (only lose 15 pts in tune up game) , Slovenia (if Doncic will not play) and Greece (if Giannis will not play).. in POT 3 and 4, Mexico, DR (w/o Towns and any DR NBAers), Finland (Japan taught us how to beat them) and Puerto Rico are very beatable for Gilas… I didn’t include NZL because they will not be grouped with either Asian teams in OQT because they will be basically part of Asia/Oceania region… Atleast we will escape Bahamas already… Any group will be group with Bahamas will be consider as “group of death”….

Comment

I can go with that.

This team is young, but frankly, only Lopez is developmental. Hahahahahahaha. Only 4 players over 25, though (Dwight, Abando, Navarro, JC).
                        Plan B

Kai/Angge
                        Edu
                        Kuya Will
                        Abando/Dweet
                        Abarrientos
                        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Off-topic : KD is the first to commit to play for the “Avengers” in 2024 Paris Olympics.. LeBron non- committal but is reportedly involved with recruiting players whilst Steph is quite interested. Interesting to watch is which team will win the Embiid tag of war…

Kevin Durant is one of a number of top National Basketball Association players who have confirmed their intention to play at the Paris 2024 Olympics f...

Comment

Originally posted by FilWelsh View Post

Off-topic : KD is the first to commit to play for the “Avengers” in 2024 Paris Olympics.. LeBron non- committal but is reportedly involved with recruiting players whilst Steph is quite interested. Interesting to watch is which team will win the Embiid tag of war…

Kevin Durant is one of a number of top National Basketball Association players who have confirmed their intention to play at the Paris 2024 Olympics f...
                            Embiid:

1. Easiest way to win gold - USA
                            2. Hardest way to win, but if they do, very satisfying - France

Comment

How much I like for France to win gold at their own home turf but if the superstars of USA will decide to play then hands down they will be favourites. But if ”The Process” decide to choose France then it will be awesome. A frontline of Embiid, Gobert and Wemby will be nightmare…

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information