No announcement yet.

Philippines vs Italy - Aug 29, 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the end of the day, our players still deserve our support and gratitude. Most of them sacrificed for this tournament. They're competing, getting punched, risking injury, etc. and all of them are trying their best to win.

For their sake, I hope the game against Italy will still be respectable for them.

Comment

Originally posted by zairex View Post

I admit my comments is wrong that day. But day 1 it wasn't. Let see which one prevail at the end of tournament
      Nah, it wasn't just for a day. The thing missing for them was a world cup win and now they have it, and against a highly ranked team at that.

Now they have nba players, D1 players, a growing pro league and a world cup win.

More than that, they have a direction for their system that they can continue to build on. It won't suddenly go away and bring them back to zero even if they lose their next games.

Comment

Originally posted by Metta View Post

Nah, it wasn't just for a day. The thing missing for them was a world cup win and now they have it, and against a highly ranked team at that.

Now they have nba players, D1 players, a growing pro league and a world cup win.

More than that, they have a direction for their system that they can continue to build on. It won't suddenly go away and bring them back to zero even if they lose their next games.

I havent watched the game so Im also not convinced yet. I have to admit that JPs guards are built differently. In a way they are like Jimmy Alapag. Alapag was 5’10 but with short arms. So he developed his deep 3. This is what I see from JPs guards also.

But B league favors the local small guards. And until I see the game I cant remove the possibility of hometown calls helping JP. We had a lot of hometown calls trying to help us against Angola. We were just too bad to take advantage.

Comment

B. League feels like a league that was formed by Jimmy Alapag fans. LOL.

All their PGs are in his mold.

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post

The only time Gilas bounced back was that SEAG finals against Cambodia. And maybe the Senegal 2019 game.

Everytime they come from a demoralizing loss or even after a big win (Korea 2013), they lose the succeeding games in lackluster performances.

For a so-called professional insipirational speaker, Choke can't inspire his players to bounce back.
            This. We always suck after a bad loss. And with most of the fans turning against Chot I'm not expecting much

Comment

Our only shot might be to serve the Italians Sbarro pizza and pasta for lunch, convince them it's the Filipinos' take on authentic Italian cooking, and cross our fingers they're still shell-shocked when game time comes around.

Comment

Originally posted by barok espinoza View Post
                Our only shot might be to serve the Italians Sbarro pizza and pasta for lunch, convince them it's the Filipinos' take on authentic Italian cooking, and cross our fingers they're still shell-shocked when game time comes around.
                No. It should be 3M or Greenwich Pizza plus Jollibee Spaghetti.

Comment

No. It should be 3M or Greenwich Pizza plus Jollibee Spaghetti.
                  it might motivate them to destroy us more as being pissed of by making spaghetti sweet and putting pineapple into pizza

Comment

italy has undersized bigs but they're physical and have high motor, i think the gilas bigs can at best play them to a draw

but again its the backcourt and small forward positions that we really have a problem with

a possible opportunity for gilas is to rattle youngster spagnolo whenever he's in the game and see if we can get an advantage vs him

Comment

If Gilas loses tonight against Italy, we can now judge Chot…..And send this guy to fetch him. Lol. Just joking. Haha.
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

wait, what happens if Angola wins? does the Italy game have any bearing?
                        WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                        SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

Originally posted by C2Hamm View Post
                          wait, what happens if Angola wins? does the Italy game have any bearing?
                          For the Philippines, yes. About Italy? No idea.
                          Attack
                          defend
                          Unite

Comment

B. League feels like a league that was formed by Jimmy Alapag fans. LOL.

All their PGs are in his mold.
                            Maybe they saw Alapag killing it in 2014 WC and was inspired by him. IRC Tabuse, their first NBA player, doesnt play like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ja.he View Post

For the Philippines, yes. About Italy? No idea.
                              how? if Angola wins, Angola at DR will be 2-1. if that happens and we win by 100 pts over Italy, both PH and Italy will.be 1-2? sorry, i only checked the standings now.
                              WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                              SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

there's a call at twitter and FB that those attending the game later at the Araneta Coliseum should wear black as a protest to Chot's and SBP's incompetence

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information