B.League (Japan Pro Basketball League)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rds View Post

I don't know how we failed her. Unlike So and Esteban, she probably has a pretty good income here. Of course it is small compared to Japan but I don't think she's a pauper here. I'm now thinking it might really be love. She's a tall girl, 6'5 or 6'6. Her boylet prospects here might not have been enticing for her. She had a pretty public relationship with another volleyball player. Her sister's husband is much shorter. Maybe Jaja had problems finding one here. I hope she's happy with her husband. Changing country and culture is never easy.
    The coaches in RP encourage her. The volleyball federation mess up big time..
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• There was no failure, I think. It’s just the best option for Jaja’s career. She has a legit shot at the Olympics and World Championships with the Japanese team.

Imagine how much more different Alphonse Areola’s career would have been playing for the Azkals instead of Les Bleus. He would have missed out on 2 World Cup finals and 1 championship, and would instead be struggling with the 135th-ranked team in the world.

Comment

• All around gaming for thirdy

sigpic

Comment

• Thirdy just had 17 points and 7 rebounds to help San-En knock Yokohama out of the post-season, negating Kai's 23 pt and 5 rebound game.

Comment

• Originally posted by k3ttch View Post
            Thirdy just had 17 points and 7 rebounds to help San-En knock Yokohama out of the post-season, negating Kai's 23 pt and 5 rebound game.
            Game highlights from thirdy

sigpic

Comment

Thirdy just had 17 points and 7 rebounds to help San-En knock Yokohama out of the post-season, negating Kai's 23 pt and 5 rebound game.
              kai’s game highlights

sigpic

Comment

• I am happy for thirdy for his UAAP-like numbers this season

Comment

• Thirdy has physical/athletic advantage in Bleague. He's physically peaking. It would've been nice if Kiefer had Thirdy's body.

Comment

• Yokohama vs seahorses

B.LEAGUE OFFICIAL SITEhttp://www.bleague.jp/B.LEAGUE OFFICIAL Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/B.LEAGUEOFFICIALENGLISHB.LEAGUE OFFICIAL Instagramhttps://inst...

sigpic

Comment

• yokohama gonna have to revamp their lineup if they want to be competitive next season

Comment

There was no failure, I think. It’s just the best option for Jaja’s career. She has a legit shot at the Olympics and World Championships with the Japanese team.

Imagine how much more different Alphonse Areola’s career would have been playing for the Azkals instead of Les Bleus. He would have missed out on 2 World Cup finals and 1 championship, and would instead be struggling with the 135th-ranked team in the world.
                        OT

Unthinkable. Areola said no then went on to be a U20 World Champion because he was clearly France's best young GK at the time (Lloris was already France's first-choice GK at age 24 when Areola was still an academy player, Maingan was with the U18's) so there was no way he was ever going to play for the Philippines given his trajectory of playing top-flight football with chances of geting senior caps for France. Oddly similar to the Jalen Green-Gilas situation if FIBA didn't limit naturalized players.

Etheridge had everything to gain from playing for us because he was technically a non-league player as a reserve in Fulham. If not for his FIFA caps, he doesn't climb up the pyramid going from 5th Division to Premiere League because no non-league player can say he's played away matches in hostile 80000-seat arenas and kept a clean sheet against North Korea in Pyonyang. It's almost like Jordan Heading or even Matthew Wright for Gilas.

Comment

• Yes, Areola had merit to be a legit reserve keeper for France who is also always at the top of the world rankings. Athletes always want to compete at the highest level. Total no-brainer decision for him.

For Jaja, the decision process probably was more difficult given the fact she grew up locally, but athletes always dream of playing in the highest stages (Olympics). Add to that the difference in potential earnings.

For the perspective of our sporting organizations, improve/raise the quality and compensation of our sporting environment so our elite players stay, instead of dragging down our athletes who have outgrown it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metta View Post
                            Yes, Areola had merit to be a legit reserve keeper for France who is also always at the top of the world rankings. Athletes always want to compete at the highest level. Total no-brainer decision for him.
                            For Jaja, the decision process probably was more difficult given the fact she grew up locally, but athletes always dream of playing in the highest stages (Olympics). Add to that the difference in potential earnings.

For the perspective of our sporting organizations, improve/raise the quality and compensation of our sporting environment so our elite players stay, instead of dragging down our athletes who have outgrown it.
                            I really don't know the context behind Santiago, is she an LVP person at the time when the PNVF was pushing hard to keep Kalei Mau (or the other way around?) Was it bitterness over how she couldn't join the national team because of her schedule in Japan? Whatever it is, she's better off in Japan both professionally and her personal life. For what it's worth, her leaving helped the local players get paid. It's at a point where I'd want my future daughter to play volleyball just like how many dads think their sons can be PBA players. Not hoping for that with the PBA because I'll stick to my gut that they gotta shut down and start over. At this rate, Indonesia might do a Japan and sign Filipino players soon (they already play with 2 imports).

Comment

• all around gaming for thirdy that includes alley oop slam

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Metta View Post
                                Yes, Areola had merit to be a legit reserve keeper for France who is also always at the top of the world rankings. Athletes always want to compete at the highest level. Total no-brainer decision for him.

Maybe Im lucky I can earn relatively well here. But from my experience I dont get why a person who has a decent living here would migrate to another country. Yes it is sh*ty at times but it’s not all bad. I would understand the many who are barely scraping by here or who cant see the lifestyle they want here. But being the best vball player in the country basically guarantees you the best income among the homegrowns. I dont how much is the potential income she gains by being a Nihonjin but I personally disagree with her.

Dont mistake me. JP is my favorite country other than my home country. Ive lived there for almost 3 yrs coz of work. I like the country and the people but it’s just not mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information