Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not having the core of the 2023 team compete in the SEA games is a waste of time. Eyes on the prize.

Comment

Originally posted by Giannis34GOD View Post
      But Bolden - DMX combo is tough... Both are still young and will play for Indonesia atleast 10 -15 years... Once those two players (or three alongside African recruit Diagne) will reach their prime years, Only way to retain your SEAG title is to have Kai Sotto in the line up... I don't think Kouame alone will able to match up against those three upcoming stars of Indonesia, Unless Philippines will not try to win SEAG anymore... I heard Indonesian federation (PERBASI) are recruiting foreign based local FIBA eligible to fill in the spots for their team... The challenge of Indonesia to your supremacy in ASEAN basketball will be on the highest level... Indonesia are not afraid on your team dude.... Their chairman (Erick Thotir) is a dedicated basketball aficionado who dreaming one day Indonesia basketball will play in the World Cup or Olympics in the future... That is his goal long term...
      Why should they afraid on Gilas? It's just a game. Hahaha

They should not in the first place. What they need to do instead is to prepare, which they (Indonesians) did last year.

That's the same thing that I want for Gilas this coming World Cup - respect your opponents but don't fear them.

Per your statement about DMX-Bolden, DMX is once-in-a-generation talent the same way Kai is to Gilas. Nevertheless, I don't see the need of having Kai Sotto there. This has been overlooked but Gilas has an abundance of players that can play 5 (center). Again, preparation and scouting are the keys to winning. The presence of Kouame can negate the presence of Bolden. However, since POC is planning to field Brownlee, might as well get 2-4 from Chiu, Mike Philipps, Zave Lucero, Carl Tamayo, and Luis Villegas to counter the presence of DMX-Bolden duo.

Again, you hype Indonesia. I remember a previous poster here who always liked to hype Indonesia here. Hehe

Indonesia-Philippines gold medal match is akin to UP-Ateneo finals match.
      Attack
      defend
      Unite

Comment

Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
        Not having the core of the 2023 team compete in the SEA games is a waste of time. Eyes on the prize.
        Unless the 2023 WC team have a Jones Cup and other tune-up games in that period to compete in.

But I get your point. Opportunity to get reps and build chemistry.

Comment

Instead of focusing on that narrative of a revenge thing on the part of DDO Sr. against Indonesia, it is much wiser to spend the allocated/additional 1 Billion PHP the BBM gov't. provided via PSC(which by the way had a 2.+++ something billion pesos approved budget for this year) for to the hosting of FIBA WC2023 and train instead in a much competitive tourney in Europe and leave the SEA Games, Jones Cup(if any) and AG2023 to the much younger players and ineligibles who had gotten their PH Pass after their 16th Bday so that they could start accumulating certain number of years of involving themselves with Gilas for that much needed Basketball Heritage/Immersion thing FIBA required to those who haven't gotten their passport before their 16th birthday.

Comment

That allotment aint extra money for tournaments but rather a bailout for MVP and crew. Plus SEA Games aint bad since well just be starting and it would make sense to use the SEA Games to cut some folks. Remember BLeague boys are out for the SEA Games so some of the guys on the team will almost certainly be cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
              That allotment aint extra money for tournaments but rather a bailout for MVP and crew. Plus SEA Games aint bad since well just be starting and it would make sense to use the SEA Games to cut some folks. Remember BLeague boys are out for the SEA Games so some of the guys on the team will almost certainly be cut.
              That leaves out the Ravena brothers, Heading, Dwight, and Carl for the SEA Games. Any competent and/or high upside substitutes for them?

Comment

Dave, RJ,Abando? Balti, SJ?
                Brownlee, Iskati, Japeth, Malonzo
                CJ, Junemar
                Oftana, Poy?
                Bolick, Paul Lee? Salangsang?
                Schonny? Will Isaac Go be ready? Kai??

Comment

You cannot teach old dogs new tricks…kindly read the whole article.

“Pipilitin natin na matapos (Governors’ Cup) by April 26 or 28 para sa SEA Games. So may (at least) isang linggo sila makapag-practice nang sama-sama (before the competition),” Marcial said in a press briefing Sunday night.
                  https://www.philstar.com/sports/2023...force-cambodia

Comment

Originally posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post

i wonder what our excuse is if we dont win Gold?
                    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

Originally posted by C2Hamm View Post
                      No practice time.

Tangina pala ang mga 'to, e. (These guys are geniuses)

Comment

Same old excuses (coming from local coach) like the team has 1. No enough preparation,
                        2. Chemistry issue,
                        3. PBA Star player is injured, etc.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post

Originally posted by IPC View Post
                          No practice time.

That is why I'm praying we won't win the Gold in that SEA Games because if it does, we all know same old habit will continue over and over again.

Comment

Well, ph is the US dream team of sea region hehehe
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
                              Same old excuses (coming from local coach) like the team has 1. No enough preparation,
                              2. Chemistry issue,
                              3. PBA Star player is injured, etc.
                              If they had the sense, maybe quality backup Gilas options should be considered. Maybe good options in the collegiate leagues, coached by someone competent and who can enforce good discipline on both ends, especially defense?

I'd been proposing a young team for the SEA Games since the past month.

Comment

Originally posted by IPC View Post
                                No practice time.

if they stick with who they used last window, and just swap out JC with JBL, kulang pa din, but chemistry should not that be bad. if they replace more than a third of the team...... i hope JBL can out score Thailand and Indonesia because he's gonna get the rock on most possessions.
                                WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
                                SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information