No announcement yet.

SEA GAMES in Vietnam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even Tabs recent team was not a great 3 point shooting team, except for Heading. But that was a good defensive team. The plays gave good spacing for not so good 3 point shooters like Balti and Navarro to have good open looks giving them better change to hit them. Because they were a good defensive team they could afford lower percentage shots. And Tab had a great plan for must win games. Like his strategy to tire out Ratliffe in the Korean game. Some of the open 3s we saw were actually not open. Some of them you have Indos rushing the guys. Look at Wright. The only 3 he made was a deep 3 because that was the only 3 that no one was bothering him. Short limbed guys like Wright either have be in deep 3 position or have a great screen to be comfortable to hit 3s without fear of getting blocked.
    Last edited by Rds; 05-22-2022, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Gilas should train Navarro to shoot 3s because he has the quickness to play SF at 6'6" height

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
        Personally, having an enemy in the PBA is a VERY BAD idea. Unity is what is required. We need a program wherein the interest of athlete development is first and foremost. Not what we currently have wherein Baltazar got to play for La Salle till 24 because its that important to get 3rd(There are other examples, but lets use Balti). We need each and every power broker to care for the development of the players first. That includes the PBA. The two conglomerates can easily throw money to top talent as they did the 3x3 program and ruin it. Heck, T1 got to ruin our program because we werent paying Heading enough to stay. This is why I prefer SMC. I dont think Heading leaves under their watch as an example.

EDIT: How can you convince power brokers/oligarchs to do what is best for the national program over their self interest? Personally, I think the answer is in having zero competing interest. Make it clear that you only have the Filipino's and the national team's interest at heart.
        And how do we get the PBA to care about player development for the international game? Because right now, they haven't been FIBA-friendly, both in schedule and in playing environment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goose View Post
          Gilas should train Navarro to shoot 3s because he has the quickness to play SF at 6'6" height
          I think he has been training on this for a while now. Even Tab allowed him to take 3s at 15% shooting to further his development. Hopefully it works out soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
            And how do we get the PBA to care about player development for the international game?
            Player development shouldn't be the forte of the PBA. The prospects they get are old like 24 years old. In contrast, Tatum is 24 and might be the favorite for Finals MVP. That's Balti's age.

They could play a role in player development but that requires them to change their rules to allow for younger prospects but that also requires schools to stop hoarding top young prospects. I think only Mamu and Tyler left early this season and we need a lot more of that from top talent. That being said, one thing they could do is allow Lopez to play in the PBA. But I think he has higher aspirations then that.

Comment

• Quinito's lame excuse is that PHL is gassed for having a short rotation. Funny because ever since 1999, when Tim Cone handled the Centennial Team ( I remember Cone telling that the team's greatest asset is the bench) our calling card is always depth and versatility on all positions. Its Chot's fault why he chose to play only 8 players. Imagine only 5 playing days and most of the games are blowouts except for the first one. So being tired is a stupid excuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
                Quinito's lame excuse is that PHL is gassed for having a short rotation. Funny because ever since 1999, when Tim Cone handled the Centennial Team ( I remember Cone telling that the team's greatest asset is the bench) our calling card is always depth and versatility on all positions. Its Chot's fault why he chose to play only 8 players. Imagine only 5 playing days and most of the games are blowouts except for the first one. So being tired is a stupid excuse.
                The short rotation was a choice. It didnt need to be that way. Thats on the coach if thats the reason.

Comment

Player development shouldn't be the forte of the PBA. The prospects they get are old like 24 years old. In contrast, Tatum is 24 and might be the favorite for Finals MVP. That's Balti's age.

They could play a role in player development but that requires them to change their rules to allow for younger prospects but that also requires schools to stop hoarding top young prospects. I think only Mamu and Tyler left early this season and we need a lot more of that from top talent. That being said, one thing they could do is allow Lopez to play in the PBA. But I think he has higher aspirations then that.
                  Basically rich teams in the PBA and UAAP have a pool of players they have a Team A and B, and the pipeline goes from the PBA to the UAAP to the NCAA so they move players up and down or down and up. If i was a GM my concern is to get PBA Titles so my brand is protected so i'll keep my starting 5 and lend a special Player in the second unit or Team B to the National Team. I think it's a good bargain if i can just influence these managers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
                    Quinito's lame excuse is that PHL is gassed for having a short rotation. Funny because ever since 1999, when Tim Cone handled the Centennial Team ( I remember Cone telling that the team's greatest asset is the bench) our calling card is always depth and versatility on all positions. Its Chot's fault why he chose to play only 8 players. Imagine only 5 playing days and most of the games are blowouts except for the first one. So being tired is a stupid excuse.
                    Well was Chot forced by someone at gunpoint not to play the younger probably better conditioned younger guys? That has always been Chot's style. Play only his trusted veterans

Comment

• Originally posted by Goose View Post
                      Basically rich teams in the PBA and UAAP have a pool of players they have a Team A and B, and the pipeline goes from the PBA to the UAAP to the NCAA so they move players up and down or down and up. If i was a GM my concern is to get PBA Titles so my brand is protected so i'll keep my starting 5 and lend a special Player in the second unit or Team B to the National Team. I think it's a good bargain if i can just influence these managers.
                      Something like that. Basically we need something better that has player development at heart.

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                        6 of the 8-man rotation earlier are PBA players. Junmar will not get the blame but the TNT boys will. Tsk tsk
                        JMF carried this team, if it's not for him, I believe Thailand could have easily won

Comment

• I hope we really get Nenad in the FIBA Asia Cup if tab is not willing. It will increase the chances of BRP playing, but then again, even Greg is banned from Gilas, so no promises.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevy View Post
                            I hope we really get Nenad in the FIBA Asia Cup if tab is not willing. It will increase the chances of BRP playing, but then again, even Greg is banned from Gilas, so no promises.

https://twitter.com/ray1parks/status...DSie2M5rUqAAAA

Fiba Asia cup is more prestigious and important. I hope at least promote Coach Nenad as head coach and just give coach chot the gilas director to preseve his dignity.
                            sigpic

Comment

Personally, having an enemy in the PBA is a VERY BAD idea. Unity is what is required. We need a program wherein the interest of athlete development is first and foremost. Not what we currently have wherein Baltazar got to play for La Salle till 24 because its that important to get 3rd(There are other examples, but lets use Balti). We need each and every power broker to care for the development of the players first. That includes the PBA. The two conglomerates can easily throw money to top talent as they did the 3x3 program and ruin it. Heck, T1 got to ruin our program because we werent paying Heading enough to stay. This is why I prefer SMC. I dont think Heading leaves under their watch as an example.

EDIT: How can you convince power brokers/oligarchs to do what is best for the national program over their self interest? Personally, I think the answer is in having zero competing interest. Make it clear that you only have the Filipino's and the national team's interest at heart.
                              The question I have with SMC is, will they develop the players we need to be competitive? Can they do that? Because I don't know if they can focus on development for the international game, or if they're willing to.

Comment

• Yup agree that Navarro, Lopez and Tungcab could have bothered the Indo shooters more. It would be harder to shoot if those guys are rushing you instead of say Kiefer or Pogoy. Not sure though if Navarro would have had the strength to body up Michael though.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information