No announcement yet.

SEA GAMES in Vietnam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess this is the best outcome we could hope for overall, a lost. I underestimated the anger of losing the SEA gold at Chot. Yeshkel was wrong about the ineligibles but he was right about getting better players and a longer rotation. Let's hope for the best. The UAAP and B league lull is the best time for a system oriented coach who's into developing players to come in. I don't know if SBP can still bring back Tab. But Nenad would be the next best choice if they can't. Chot just has to step back as program director and focus on the PBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rds View Post
      I guess this is the best outcome we could hope for overall, a lost. I underestimated the anger of losing the SEA gold at Chot.
      For now, their lack of engagement shows that they are indeed embarrassed and feeling public pressure. I was expecting SBP to be proud and do their usual shenanigans like what happened last year in the 3x3 Olympic Qualifiers, but surprisingly they aren't.

While we may have short-term effects (Tab resigned/Nenad promoted etc.), as long as guys like Panlilio are still in charge, we won't have long term stability. But at least, I hope the basketball gods and fate at least reward us fans of an unmeddled gilas headed by Tab or Nenad, even if it is just for a short time (until 2023 WC).

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevy View Post
        Chot reyes update

Gilas head coach Chot Reyes told me he'd rather "just keep quiet for now."

The SBP Camp is still silent. It looks like the chances that we see major changes are increasing. Hopefully for the best, let's see.
        stop, don't give me hope

Comment

• Part of me actually wishes for Indonesia and Thailand to finally get on par with Gilas and have some presence in FIBA Asia, as a wake-up call to the SBP. It's sad to know that our national basketball program got politicized with MVP being at the center of it all.

For some reason Chot has a knack for adding twists to established offensive plays

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabsboy123 View Post
            Part of me actually wishes for Indonesia and Thailand to finally get on par with Gilas and have some presence in FIBA Asia, as a wake-up call to the SBP. It's sad to know that our national basketball program got politicized with MVP being at the center of it all.

For some reason Chot has a knack for adding twists to established offensive plays
            it pisses me off so much we didn't use the other 4 on the bench as well, hopefully chot is gone soon

Comment

• SBP should fire chot as gilas HC forever ASAP!, we want a competitive team next year World Cup, infairness to chot he achieve a lot as NT head coach but he can't bring us to the next level. his system s*cks, if not tab get nenad, or other foreign coach, coach jong deserve another shot but may health issue sayang.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoPilipinas View Post
                SBP should fire chot as gilas HC forever ASAP!, we want a competitive team next year World Cup, infairness to chot he achieve a lot as NT head coach but he can't bring us to the next level. his system s*cks, if not tab get nenad, or other foreign coach, coach jong deserve another shot but may health issue sayang.
                at the minimum we should get past the first stage

Comment

• PERPETUAL BAN on Chot Reyes for Gilas Head Coach

Comment

• Originally posted by Rodbi View Post
                    I hate to say this but after that loss yesterday, it seems that Gilas will not be better off without a dominant NP ready to put up world import-like numbers on a consistent basis. The past iterations had Blatche (offense-heavy, a little bit of play-making), Ange (rim protection and rebounding), Douthit (balanced scoring and rebounding), and Clarkson (NBA-level scoring abilities). While we have a lot of international-ready locals and homegrowns, I think Gilas still really needs to have an NP in every tournament from hereon capable of matching or even surpassing the qualities of the guys I mentioned above, just to secure a very satisfactory finish.
                    So your answer to making the Philippines more or less competetive is foreign players? Shouldnt you rather try to develop local talents and maybe just accept in the meantime that the Philippines are just not good enough for international top level? The Southeast Asian games 2022 have been a major embarrassement, having trouble with weak teams like Indonesia and even Thailand, but maybe your talent pool just isnt as good as many seem to think here.
                    Maybe send coaches over to Europe and copy their programs to improve player development, and have your national team face good teams for a change to learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsgermany View Post
                      So your answer to making the Philippines more or less competetive is foreign players? Shouldnt you rather try to develop local talents and maybe just accept in the meantime that the Philippines are just not good enough for international top level? The Southeast Asian games 2022 have been a major embarrassement, having trouble with weak teams like Indonesia and even Thailand, but maybe your talent pool just isnt as good as many seem to think here.
                      Maybe send coaches over to Europe and copy their programs to improve player development, and have your national team face good teams for a change to learn.
                      Werent yall the guys that recruited Chris Kaman without him knowing anything about Germany?

Comment

• chot be like "sorry i admit it's my fault but really it's not"

Comment

• Originally posted by spidey102279
                          Coach Chot Reyes: "We tried to go with the Fiba rules na just one naturalized player. But the others, apparently hindi. Maybe we have to rethink that like what we did in Manila. We had a lot of naturalized players, Fil-foreign players. Those are the things that we have to look at." (via SPIN.ph)

He doesnt really want to admit there is something wrong with his system. lol

This is what is wronh with this stupid coach, instead of accepting that his style is already obsolete, he resort to excuses. We would never be this angry if he only admit it and will be open to system changes. But instead he still believe that his system is the right way and doesnt need to be fix, just fix the personnel.
                          Whta's with this excuse?! Isn't Bolden the only naturalized player playing for Indonesia? Derrick Michael is considered a local. He already played in the FIBA qualifiers. I'm sure the two other africans are considered as well. Face it Chot, you lost!

And I don't wanna hear any goddamn excuse about lacking preparation. Chot has been the HC since February and the TNT core dropped out of the playoffs back in March. Two full months before the start of SEA games. Why the hell did they only started practicing mid April then?

Comment

• Originally posted by magic_chiongson View Post
                            chot be like "sorry i admit it's my fault but really it's not"
                            If we some open shots went in yeah but even then its still his fault. Since he chose the side anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rodbi View Post
                              I hate to say this but after that loss yesterday, it seems that Gilas will not be better off without a dominant NP ready to put up world import-like numbers on a consistent basis. The past iterations had Blatche (offense-heavy, a little bit of play-making), Ange (rim protection and rebounding), Douthit (balanced scoring and rebounding), and Clarkson (NBA-level scoring abilities). While we have a lot of international-ready locals and homegrowns, I think Gilas still really needs to have an NP in every tournament from hereon capable of matching or even surpassing the qualities of the guys I mentioned above, just to secure a very satisfactory finish.
                              nah, good coach & preparation > high-scoring naturalized player. just look at what happened with the OQT & asian qualifiers the past 2 years with kouame and mostly amateur players

Comment

• Originally posted by spidey102279
                                Coach Chot Reyes: "We tried to go with the Fiba rules na just one naturalized player. But the others, apparently hindi. Maybe we have to rethink that like what we did in Manila. We had a lot of naturalized players, Fil-foreign players. Those are the things that we have to look at." (via SPIN.ph)

He doesnt really want to admit there is something wrong with his system. lol

This is what is wronh with this stupid coach, instead of accepting that his style is already obsolete, he resort to excuses. We would never be this angry if he only admit it and will be open to system changes. But instead he still believe that his system is the right way and doesnt need to be fix, just fix the personnel.
                                hahahahaha what a plan

so what's his plan for fiba tournaments? lol

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information