No announcement yet.

SEA GAMES in Vietnam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Playitright TV hosted by Quinito Henson and Dyan Castillejo w/ Coach Rajko Toroman...

Comment

• Pampalubag kay coach DDO--Toroman believes that Gilas will only be fueled to do better moving forward after the defeat, offering that it may field a much stronger team ...this coming FIBA Asia Cup...
      Rajko Toroman isn’t changing the way he looks at Gilas even after the same program he helped build failed to extend the Philippines’ dominion in Southeast Asian Games men’s hoops following a loss against his own team Sunday. His Indonesia emerged as the new kings of the region after dealing the ASEAN powerhouse an 85-81 […]

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
        Personally, having an enemy in the PBA is a VERY BAD idea. Unity is what is required. We need a program wherein the interest of athlete development is first and foremost. Not what we currently have wherein Baltazar got to play for La Salle till 24 because its that important to get 3rd(There are other examples, but lets use Balti). We need each and every power broker to care for the development of the players first. That includes the PBA. The two conglomerates can easily throw money to top talent as they did the 3x3 program and ruin it. Heck, T1 got to ruin our program because we werent paying Heading enough to stay. This is why I prefer SMC. I dont think Heading leaves under their watch as an example.

EDIT: How can you convince power brokers/oligarchs to do what is best for the national program over their self interest? Personally, I think the answer is in having zero competing interest. Make it clear that you only have the Filipino's and the national team's interest at heart.

You can't,the power brokers and oligarchs main interest,is self interest,its even more important than the NT.The best players will continue to play overseas and schedules will always clash and also they're pretty much loyal to their employers first.

Comment

• Cambodia will host the 2023 Sea Games but they would probably remove the basketball 5x5 since they’re having hard time to put up competitive team.

So gilas would probably have their redemption in 2025 Bangkok SEA GAMES.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
            Cambodia will host the 2023 Sea Games but they would probably remove the basketball 5x5 since they’re having hard time to put up competitive team.

at least 3 years of bragging rights for the indons. that's money well spent

Comment

Cambodia will host the 2023 Sea Games but they would probably remove the basketball 5x5 since they’re having hard time to put up competitive team.

Won't it be criminal to remove basketball? Can they actually do that? Anyway Cambodia is super undersized, their tallest player is 6'2 lol. If they can get 2 or 3 bigs they can be semi competitive. I'm sure there are some overseas Cambodians who play at a higher level. Right now Cambodia is Vietnam many years ago. Look at how much Vietnam improved.

Comment

• Originally posted by bballcrazy View Post
                Won't it be criminal to remove basketball? Can they actually do that? Anyway Cambodia is super undersized, their tallest player is 6'2 lol. If they can get 2 or 3 bigs they can be semi competitive. I'm sure there are some overseas Cambodians who play at a higher level. Right now Cambodia is Vietnam many years ago. Look at how much Vietnam improved.
                The host country have the right to reduce the number of sports. It was done before in the 2009 Laos SEA GAMES. They reduced the number of sports which include the basketball. But my only opinion is cambodia(future host) could only removed the 5X5 since they are not competitive in that discipline.
                sigpic

Comment

• I have watched lebron, Navarro and tungcab highlights and chot should have absolutely gave mins to them. Their length and athleticism would have 100% bothered the smaller and less athletic Indonesia guards. Plus, those guys won against Korea.

Comment

I have watched lebron, Navarro and tungcab highlights and chot should have absolutely gave mins to them. Their length and athleticism would have 100% bothered the smaller and less athletic Indonesia guards. Plus, those guys won against Korea.
                    different coach with different system.
                    Attack
                    defend
                    Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                      different coach with different system.
                      Chot seems to favor small ball and veterans. Small lineups only work if they are deadeye shooters like Alapag or Jeff Chan

Comment

The host country have the right to reduce the number of sports. It was done before in the 2009 Laos SEA GAMES. They reduced the number of sports which include the basketball. But my only opinion is cambodia(future host) could only removed the 5X5 since they are not competitive in that discipline.
                        Mvp might shoulder all the expense for cambodia to have. abasketball team pati court basta lang makabawi
                        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Cambodia is probably like Laos so it's good, i never been there but i spoke to a Laotian in 2019 Manila SEA Games, he was a billiards aficionado. I'm still sore from the loss but Pogoy blocking the layup of the 5'6" Indo made my day

Comment

• Choke Reyes with another choke of the century candidate

Alfrancis Chua daw should run Gilas next time, I say no sir, he will do to Gilas what he does to SMC sister teams and Abby Poblador, F**K THEM IN THE ASS HARD

Get someone neutral, away from these politicized old men

I still think Terrence Romeo is better than Kiefer Ravena

Comment

• Let's just count, Feb Window and SEAG as a hiccup to the build up to 2023 World cup. The thing is with basically 1 year to go, the build up is litterarally a mess . We've taken too many steps back from last year.
                              So I disagree it's not just one lost, or just one window, in bigger scheme of things for 2023 the set backs are much more than that

Litterarally there is no longer enough time to save this , and any appropriate build up is already for 2027.

As usual we will resort to hugot in the 11th hour and we know that does not work
                              Last edited by DAdmiral; 05-22-2022, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Chot seems to favor small ball and veterans. Small lineups only work if they are deadeye shooters like Alapag or Jeff Chan
                                well, chot seems to insist his system, disregarding the roster composition of his team. employing DDO when you have a dominant but slow and unathletic center in junmar, without reliable shooters, and lengthy guards and wings is bound to doom.
                                Last edited by ja.he; 05-23-2022, 12:01 AM.
                                Attack
                                defend
                                Unite

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information