Philippines in King Abdullah Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by empyreanmaze View Post
    That's right, thanks for clarifying. If talent is my only basis and the only thing needed to win, I'd be cursing for an all star pba lineup with Clarkson as np but my basis is what team we currently have and the weaknesses we need to iron out in the future. It's very unlikely that Fajardo or Japeth will perform or fulfill their duties as well as prime Ange Kouame could even if they're available which is already very unlikely. We have very limited selection of bigs that will be ready for international competition in 2023 idt Sikatrix understands.
    I know we have limited selection. I just think the talent of Clarkson makes him a very clear choice. Its like you dont understand the level that Clarkson is at now. Kai is kinda a replacement for Kouame. We have no replacement for Clarkson that wont be an NP as well.

Comment

That's right, thanks for clarifying. If talent is my only basis and the only thing needed to win, I'd be cursing for an all star pba lineup with Clarkson as np but my basis is what team we currently have and the weaknesses we need to iron out in the future. It's very unlikely that Fajardo or Japeth will perform or fulfill their duties as well as prime Ange Kouame could even if they're available which is already very unlikely. We have very limited selection of bigs that will be ready for international competition in 2023 idt Sikatrix understands.
      yes. in this tourney, d lack of bigmen forced tab to play go as center once again for long stretches instead of just situational.

but as i said, if kai is an nba player at that time and clarkson sustained his offensive game 2 years from now, i think we can roll with clarkson as NP even without edu (but ideally with a healthy edu and an improved geo).

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
        I know we have limited selection. I just think the talent of Clarkson makes him a very clear choice. Its like you dont understand the level that Clarkson is at now. Kai is kinda a replacement for Kouame. We have no replacement for Clarkson that wont be an NP as well.
        The Philippines is a guard oriented basketball country, the weakness of our team has always been the bigs. Without Fajardo and Japeth and Edu's physical health in big question mark, you're gonna need a naturalized big. I don't care how talented Clarkson is, you're not coming into 2023 with possibly just Chiu and Sotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by PeeZones View Post
          Bro Tab limits Kai's playing time to around 20 and he doesnt use kai a lot in the 4th. He has his preferred closer lineup. You could check this vid for reference. Most of Bobi's points were against Anj and he cant disrupt bobi's shot. Bobi seals everyone a lot. Kai has a better chance of disrupting bobi's shot. Serbia also were hesitant to pass to Bobi when Kai was guarding because Kai extends his arm to disrupt the passes.

I never said Anj was able to stop Boban and i did expect Boban to rein on Kai and Anj. Look at the game and tell me when did Boban not able to seal or get a good position down low on Kai. how many times did Kai stop Boban?

Comment

The Philippines is a guard oriented basketball country, the weakness of our team has always been the bigs. Without Fajardo and Japeth and Edu's physical health in big question mark, you're gonna need a naturalized big. I don't care how talented Clarkson is, you're not coming into 2023 with possibly just Chiu and Sotto.
            We have to disagree then. I care how talented Clarkson is. You're gonna need his level of talent to maximize our potential. No one we have comes close to replacing Clarkson sorry. Even if our 5s are gonna end up being Kai, Chiu and say Troy Rosario. Id take that gamble if it means we get Clarkson.

Comment

• Originally posted by zairex View Post
              I never said Anj was able to stop Boban and i did expect Boban to rein on Kai and Anj. Look at the game and tell me when did Boban not able to seal or get a good position down low on Kai. how many times did Kai stop Boban?

Check this other vid lahat ng 25 point ni bobi mali yung kanina.

18points against anj
              4 against Kai

See your statements was way wrong and Bobi seals Anj like nothing. kai can even bother the entry passes.

Comment

We have to disagree then. I care how talented Clarkson is. You're gonna need his level of talent to maximize our potential. No one we have comes close to replacing Clarkson sorry. Even if our 5s are gonna end up being Kai, Chiu and say Troy Rosario. Id take that gamble if it means we get Clarkson.
                Fair, Ange is far from his prime form but we'll see coming into 2023 who this team will really need.

Comment

What can Clarkson give us. Elite offense but he is not an elite defender. We need a world class rim protector and scorer like Blatch 2014 for a chance to advance in WC second round. Or else.we.will get killed both offense and defense in paint. Don't know if Koume can be that player or any of our locals.

Comment

Check this other vid lahat ng 25 point ni bobi mali yung kanina.

18points against anj
                    4 against Kai

See your statements was way wrong and Bobi seals Anj like nothing.
                    The question is can Kai be push or seal? Makikita mo na seal din sya ni Boban.

Comment

The question is Kai was a better defender. Makikita mo na hindi kasi na seal din sya ni Boban. Inam asking how many times did Kai able to defend Boban?
                      lol bobi only had 4points against Kai while with anj 18! ano pang statement jan. watch the video! Kai was way better and serbia were hesitant to send passes to Bobi when kai was defending because he can deny the entry passes. You could review the game again. Stop claiming false facts.

Then tell me can Kai stop Dwairi? I say resounding yes! We dont have to double and Domrep Araujo was way bigger than Ahmad. Even if they seal Kai, Kai has still a chance to disrupt the shots with his 9'5 standing reach.

Comment

• Boban scored more on Anj because he is the primary defender. Pede ko rin sabihin na Anj made Boban miss more than Kai. Count how many times did Boban able to get position on Kai?

Comment

• Just when I thought DR could be the man,he got checked and seems having a hard time to get out of the box.Tab system is good,but is he the coach for the Gilas boys to play into his system?I still wonder if Jong instead should be the one calling the shots and have just Tab in the background.

Comment

Boban scored more on Anj because he is the primary defender. Pede ko rin sabihin na Anj made Boban miss more than Kai. Count how many times did Boban able to get position on Kai?
                            Count it and go back to me.haha Kai and Anj were rotating to defend bobi. Count how many times bobi miss against anj. Your digging a more deeper hole. Bobi's field goal 12/18. 9 against Koaume 2 agains kai then 5 misses. Malayu masyado kamay ni Anj keysa sa tira ni bobi no chance.

http://www.fiba.basketball/oqt/serbi...#|tab=boxscore

Comment

Boban scored more on Anj because he is the primary defender. Pede ko rin sabihin na Anj made Boban miss more than Kai. Count how many times did Boban able to get position on Kai?
                              Well said man people seem to forget that Kouame was a plus 22 compared to a -20 Kai on that game. If you want a more accurate discussion on who is the better defender than between them then you all should consider the games from the ACQ to the Dominican game.

Comment

Count it and go back to me.haha Kai and Anj were rotating to defend bobi. Count how many times bobi miss against anj. Your digging a more deeper hole. Bobi's field goal 12/18. 9 against Koaume 2 agains kai then 5 misses. Malayu masyado kamay ni Anj keysa sa tira ni bobi no chance.

http://www.fiba.basketball/oqt/serbi...#|tab=boxscore
                                Dude I swear to god you are the most cancerous person if you want to keep on talking about Kai at least do it to the Sotto thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information