Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PeeZones View Post
    Kai's game schedule has been ideal this year. Tbe progression from Asian teams to OQT teams and NBL would be great. The difficulty on each stage was gradual. I think Kai will be back here for Gilas mid or end of this month. Based on Tab and Panlilio's statements, they would want Kai to train at least 1 month prior to games. Their press releases were subtle pressures same as what they did last year that lead to the Ignite debacle.
    Yep except that I think quality of opponents wise, the OQT would probably be the toughest

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram View Post
      Yep except that I think quality of opponents wise, the OQT would probably be the toughest
      Yes, a team A squads of our OQT opponents would be very hard for us. I am not expecting them to be full force. Their main players(NBA) might skip this OQT. Serbia would still be very good regardless of who they send. I think upper tier NBL teams might be at par with those we play during OQT. I also agree that OQT teams should be expected to be better than NBL teams.

Here is an excerpt of Prosper's comments of Kai.

Prosper is now in Miami and will rejoin the national team in Jakarta on May 27. He’s been training with Kai Sotto under coach Stanley Remy in Miami and if they face off in Clark, he expects a battle. “Coach Stan puts Kai on my team when we do 5x5 scrimmages so I can mentor him,” said Prosper on the EASL Clubhouse platform. “Trust me, skills-wise, Kai has all the tools. I’m seeing him first hand, dunking on two people, working hard. Coach Stan wants him to be more aggressive, to be a beast, to learn how to handle the ball more, shoot the three better. The Philippines got a good one, I can’t wait ‘til he’s 23, it’s scary.”

I believe Prosper still hasnt seen the best of current Kai. I expect Kai to be passive and hesitant sometimes during their scrimmages.

Comment

• A compilation of Aussie comments of Kai's signing.

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
          IBN would've erupted if this was on Kai. But it was on Watanabe,so, it's fine.

https://fb.watch/5ep8iCWM3z/
          It is a preview of who will be guarding JC when we play Japan. I think both Rui and Yuta will interchange defending JC. We should need to really have good PG, SG and very dominant Kai against them.

Comment

It is a preview of who will be guarding JC when we play Japan. I think both Rui and Yuta will interchange defending JC. We should need to really have good PG, SG and very dominant Kai against them.
            Yuta, yes. But Rui wouldn’t be able to keep up with JC. He is not the defender Yuta is, esp on the perimeter.
            Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
              Yuta, yes. But Rui wouldn’t be able to keep up with JC. He is not the defender Yuta is, esp on the perimeter.
              Yup. If ever those 3 even suit up at all..

Comment

• JC would be defended by Makoto Hiejama or Yuda Baba agaisnt Japan.
                Do you want to save big bucks for a T-shirt👕?Hurry up for our Online Store Promo,Our Volt Design T-shirt has Some Old Stocks T-shirts that are selling for 49 Pesos plus 79 pesos Shipping fee nationwide.🛵COD within Metro Manila is available,Pay 79 pesos shipping fee first on Provincial COD.Order Now!!🥰
                Buy here👉https://www.pinoyhoopz.com/promo.html

Comment

• Originally posted by allan_373 View Post
                  JC would be defended by Makoto Hiejama or Yuda Baba agaisnt Japan.
                  JC will eat them both. JC is an elite scorer even in the highest level of basketball. I dont think they can guard him even if both will have endless energy. Their too small for JC.

Comment

A compilation of Aussie comments of Kai's signing.
                    It's from a podcast snippet which I linked here in IBN before.

Comment

• Givony posted this a week ago, it's something I'm fine that Kai skips. But it'll do well to see how many of the names here will be on an NBA roster next year.

Comment

• Two more podcasts talking about Kai.

Andrew and Pro break down NBA MVP and other awards voting, a new rival league to high school and college, NBA ratings, NBL happenings and more!

Looks like they're also underestimating Kai a bit, treating him as being only there for promotional purposes, but it's fine. All this attention is welcome for our boy, and I can't wait to see him play later on this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by jasper222 View Post
                          Two more podcasts talking about Kai.

Andrew and Pro break down NBA MVP and other awards voting, a new rival league to high school and college, NBA ratings, NBL happenings and more!

Looks like they're also underestimating Kai a bit, treating him as being only there for promotional purposes, but it's fine. All this attention is welcome for our boy, and I can't wait to see him play later on this year.
                          but having an asian "import" is really meant more for promotion and branding purposes. But they bring the quality ones (i.e. got some skills or potential), so not really a bad thing.

that being said, i trust kai will be able to show his skills (if not sooner, then later).

Comment

Two more podcasts talking about Kai.

Is Bogut still angry at the Philippines? hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
                              Is Bogut still angry at the Philippines? hahaha
                              Haha, but in all actuality it's not Bogut who has an opinion on Kai, but his fellow podcaster. Apparently he's worked with Kai in the past for a couple of months, and he observed that Kai was slow and lacking in strength. I don't remember where, but it's some type of NBA camp. Also, he said Kai looks good at workouts but is never 100% during games. Maybe this was BWB? Where it was every man for himself?

Comment

Haha, but in all actuality it's not Bogut who has an opinion on Kai, but his fellow podcaster. Apparently he's worked with Kai in the past for a couple of months, and he observed that Kai was slow and lacking in strength. I don't remember where, but it's some type of NBA camp. Also, he said Kai looks good at workouts but is never 100% during games. Maybe this was BWB? Where it was every man for himself?
                                Can you give the timestamps of the portions that they talked about kai? The podcast were too long.haha Im not interested listening to their other topics.

Bogut himself was not the fastest center.lol I think Kai was faster and more athletic than him even in his prime. It is just that Kai has stamina issues and if Kai is tired he would really look slow and lethargic.hehe If he had seen kai, when he was tired then he will say that.haha Also, Kai isn't use to imposing himself specially when he is new to a team. He would just go with the flow and wont really always demand the ball. It was evident when he played with BG and TSF. It was only in the long run that all had recognize him as their main player.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information