Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTC should put his foot where his mouth is,take responsibility for the makeup of this team if he indeed was responsible for the makeup of this team.If he's the no1 assistant of this team then he should have alot of say,how this team execute their offense and defense.He went to an NBA Summer League,yet him and the rest of the coaching staff reverted to a freaking PBA type defense against a good FIBA team.

Comment

• The makeup of the team was fine. I don't think thats why we lost.

Comment

• Seeing how Kai blocked those shots by Lebanese slashers/penetrators was really impressive. I think Kai is a better shot blocker than a prime Hamed Haddadi. I think Kai is a natural shot blocker in which his athleticism bolsters his shot blocking capability. I think the Gilas-Lebanon game gave us a glimpse of Kai's shot blocking & rim protection capabilities.

I saw how a Jayson Castro drove & score several times off Haddadi's defense in the 2015 FIBA Asia Championship. I don't think a prime Castro can do that against a Kai Sotto. I saw how a young Hamed Haddadi play with his Iran national team in 2007 Jones Cup (I think Haddadi was around 21 at that time), and I think current Kai Sotto is a little more agile & more athletic than a 21-year old Haddadi, thpugh I think Haddadi was physically stronger, tougher & played more physical.
        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
          Seeing how Kai blocked those shots by Lebanese slashers/penetrators was really impressive. I think Kai is a better shot blocker than a prime Hamed Haddadi. I think Kai is a natural shot blocker in which his athleticism bolsters his shot blocking capability. I think the Gilas-Lebanon game gave us a glimpse of Kai's shot blocking & rim protection capabilities.

I saw how a Jayson Castro drove & score several times off Haddadi's defense in the 2015 FIBA Asia Championship. I don't think a prime Castro can do that against a Kai Sotto. I saw how a young Hamed Haddadi play with his Iran national team in 2007 Jones Cup (I think Haddadi was around 21 at that time), and I think current Kai Sotto is a little more agile & more athletic than a 21-year old Haddadi, thpugh I think Haddadi was physically stronger, tougher & played more physical.
          If only that ball got tracked by JC off Kai's block against Haider in the last 15 secs, instead of bouncing directly to Wael, things would have been different. That is the breakiest of all the breaks in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
            If only that ball got tracked by JC off Kai's block against Haider in the last 15 secs, instead of bouncing directly to Wael, things would have been different. That is the breakiest of all the breaks in the game.
            Reminded U of Lee Sang Min's dagger 3-pointer in the Phi vs. South Korea semis game in 2002 Asian Games?
            "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
              The ball bounced off Kai's? leg after the block and straight to Arakji. Breaks of the game.

Comment

• It's not too late for sbp to correct and undo the blunders that they've made. Bring back Coach Tab and more specially change their mindset of false nationalism. Get rid of the likes of Mr. Panlilio and his cohorts who share his backward mission and vision.
                " Bayan Muna Bago ang Sarili "

Comment

• Originally posted by fthesaint View Post
                  It's not too late for sbp to correct and undo the blunders that they've made. Bring back Coach Tab and more specially change their mindset of false nationalism. Get rid of the likes of Mr. Panlilio and his cohorts who share his backward mission and vision.
                  SBP is on another level of stupidity rarely known to man to even realize that

Comment

• Man, the Reyeses taking L after L.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
                      The makeup of the team was fine. I don't think thats why we lost.
                      Yes, this is actually a good team on paper. But sh*t preparation and coaching led us to this

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                        He's used to it!!!! Pakapalan nalang daw!!!!!!
                        You may want to include the Ravenas Hahahahahaha obviously unfit for the world stage smh

Comment

• Originally posted by fthesaint View Post
                          It's not too late for sbp to correct and undo the blunders that they've made. Bring back Coach Tab and more specially change their mindset of false nationalism. Get rid of the likes of Mr. Panlilio and his cohorts who share his backward mission and vision.
                          Rather than Bring Tab back, get another foreign coach who isn’t related to Tab. Then again, the PBA will still not cooperate because it hurts their pride.

Comment

• Originally posted by sroth3839 View Post
                            Rather than Bring Tab back, get another foreign coach who isn’t related to Tab. Then again, the PBA will still not cooperate because it hurts their pride.
                            It doesn't have to be Tab or even a foreigner. It just have to be someone better than the Reyeses. Please replace those 2. Keep them in TNT since yun din naman priority nila

Comment

• Originally posted by sroth3839 View Post
                              Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                              It doesn't have to be Tab or even a foreigner. It just have to be someone better than the Reyeses. Please replace those 2. Keep them in TNT since yun din naman priority nila
                              Yeah, although I'd honestly expand to almost the entire PBA old guard. Jong na lang muna ang i-keep sa coaching staff, since he's seen more in international ball.

I'm saying, the newer generation of coaches could better adapt to the way basketball is played in FIBA, offensive system wise (Charles Tiu, Aldin Ayo) or defense-wise (Goldwin Monteverde). Just need a capable teacher, amd Jong or a foreign coach could do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                                Yeah, although I'd honestly expand to almost the entire PBA old guard. Jong na lang muna ang i-keep sa coaching staff, since he's seen more in international ball.

I'm saying, the newer generation of coaches could better adapt to the way basketball is played in FIBA, offensive system wise (Charles Tiu, Aldin Ayo) or defense-wise (Goldwin Monteverde). Just need a capable teacher, amd Jong or a foreign coach could do that.
                                Hate to say it but we need another generation before these dinosaurs like Austria can leave. I’m tired of these antique coaches dictating play.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information