This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goose View Post
    Geeez if I were New Zealand I would tap my Team A probably Kyrie Irving and Pat Mills
    ?????
    Kyrie is an American and Patty is Aussie.
    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• Originally posted by C2Hamm View Post
      ?????
      Kyrie is an American and Patty is Aussie.
      Actually Kyrie is Aussie-American, he was born in Melbourne while his dad was playing for the SEABL, Kyrie holds dual citizenship, but if Australis decised to tap him, he'll occupy the NP slot since he already played for US during the 2014 FIBA worlds and 2016 Olympics

link:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyrie_Irving

but yeah the topic is NZ so this is moot

Comment

• Olympians
        Kyrie Irving 6'2" (USA)
        Patty Mills 6'0" (Australia) scored 42 points vs Slovenia enroute to a Bronze medal in 2020 Olympics

Comment

• RJ Abarrientos 6'0" sets career-high 33 points including 8-3pointers

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
            Actually Kyrie is Aussie-American, he was born in Melbourne while his dad was playing for the SEABL, Kyrie holds dual citizenship, but if Australis decised to tap him, he'll occupy the NP slot since he already played for US during the 2014 FIBA worlds and 2016 Olympics

link:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyrie_Irving
            yes, i am aware he is Aussie-American but he played for USA already and it doesn't look like he trying to play for Boomers.
            WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
            SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• RJ maybe going to Europe if not an NBA call-up

Comment

• Originally posted by Goose View Post
                RJ Abarrientos 6'0" sets career-high 33 points including 8-3pointers
                RJ is not 6 foot though. I think he is around 5'9.

Comment

• question sir dave/D'Admiral: can we recruit teens (12-14 years old) from other countries to study and play high school here and make locals for FIBA? will FIBA considered these teens as locals considering that they were belatedly naturalized and received PH passport due to our domestic laws (atleast 21 years old)?
                  Attack
                  defend
                  Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by Rds View Post
                    RJ is not 6 foot though. I think he is around 5'9.
                    That was his uncle Johnny Abarrientos. RJ Abarrientos is listed as 5'11" by FIBA https://www.fiba.basketball/asiacup/...ay-Abarrientos

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                      question sir dave/D'Admiral: can we recruit teens (12-14 years old) from other countries to study and play high school here and make locals for FIBA? will FIBA considered these teens as locals considering that they were belatedly naturalized and received PH passport due to our domestic laws (atleast 21 years old)?
                      If they are given filipino citizenship and passports by Age 16 I think they will qualify as locals under FIBA rules, Malaysia is actually exploring this option by recruiting teen Serbians for their basketball team.

but the thing is, in terms of height/genetics they are superior, but i doubt these kids will develop to the full extent given the basketball environment of the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                        Bolden is one of Chot's naturalized player wishlist, but he was already taken by Indonesia... Also he names 6-foot-10 Noah Vonleh of the Brooklyn Nets and 7-footer Dakari Johnson of Oklahoma City Thunder.... So what will happen now to Kouame? For me that's ok because we need to have more naturalized player to choose for.. Is this two players are good? And those two can compliment to Kai and AJ as frontcourt partners?

https://businessmirror.com.ph/2022/0...that-got-away/
                        Honestly, I'd rather have a SF NP. We got some decent sized bigs so I'd rather have players who could play both the 3 and 4 as opposed to Vonleh and Johnson who are mainly bigs.

Comment

• Originally posted by dubidub View Post
                          Honestly, I'd rather have a SF NP. We got some decent sized bigs so I'd rather have players who could play both the 3 and 4 as opposed to Vonleh and Johnson who are mainly bigs.
                          That means McCullough and Brownlee. Both can play off their teammates and defend well.

We might need someone younger too, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
                            If they are given filipino citizenship and passports by Age 16 I think they will qualify as locals under FIBA rules, Malaysia is actually exploring this option by recruiting teen Serbians for their basketball team.

but the thing is, in terms of height/genetics they are superior, but i doubt these kids will develop to the full extent given the basketball environment of the country.
                            what I mean is that they received passport past 16 years old but they already established their residency here; they are culturally assimilated here; studied here; and most of all, learned basketball here.
                            Attack
                            defend
                            Unite

Comment

• Gilas National Team player Jordan Heading 6'3" sets Taiwan T1 League 3-point shot record with 10-3pt shots made scoring 36 points

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                                what I mean is that they received passport past 16 years old but they already established their residency here; they are culturally assimilated here; studied here; and most of all, learned basketball here.
                                got you, probably they have a fighting chance for FIBA exemption as their basketball heritage is the phil, i think there's a precedent to this as dave had cited before

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information