Angelo Kuoame thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C2Hamm View Post

Mike and Kai are of Filipino heritage. If they play for PBA, the chance is high SBP will try to exempt them. Not sure they feel the same for a player that PBA wont consider filo
    It seems Kouame is now lost in rotation.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARMIR View Post

It seems Kouame is now lost in rotation.
      he was since CCR took over CTB. he became a bandaid solution if the preferred NP is not available. despite this, i still want to see him wear the Gilas jersey even for small tournaments or qualifiers if the preferred NP isnt there.
      WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
      SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• Originally posted by C2Hamm View Post

Mike and Kai are of Filipino heritage. If they play for PBA, the chance is high SBP will try to exempt them. Not sure they feel the same for a player that PBA wont consider filo
        I think SBP / PBA will currently stop applying exemption to ineligible players due to reason that they don’t want those players to be pirated overseas… they would rather put them ineligible and just stay to play in the PBA… the only way they will give them exemption if they will promise that they will not leave the PBA and stay loyal… w/ big money offering in Japan and other leagues, I’m sure PBA is aware already… they can’t match overseas offers… It seems Newsome and Ahamnisi are the last players that SBP filing for exemption of the players…

Comment

• [QUOTE=KoolAid;n2410767]
          Originally posted by KoolAid View Post

Damn, Ange really went from playing in front of 18k seater arenas in MOA/Araneta to gym-sized arenas, mas malaki pa Blue Eagle gym kaysa sa nilalaruan niya ngayon sa France eh lol

Basketball in France is like football to Philippines… although basketball is getting bigger there, the sport has to fight for popularity with football, rugby and cycling as France most popular sports… but I’m sure basketball is a top 5 sport in France…

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post

Yeah, I believe so. Tyler Lamb has his stints outside Thailand (Hong Kong and Taiwan) but he was eventually reclassified as a local.
            because Lamb continuing representing Thailand even in SEAG and Asian Games, either 5x5 or 3x3… he already representing Thailand since 2015.. so that is already a 8 year stretch.. meanwhile Kouame just start representing Philippines just only 2021 (or if we can count Jones Cup in 2018 is better).. so it means he has to represent Philippines even in 3x3 setting.. Is Ange will accept to play 3x3 even small money he will get there? Mamadou Ndiaye of UAE getting exemption case because he continuing representing UAE even in 3x3 competitions… I think even the tournaments likes of Dubai cup, Jones Cup or King Abdullah cup in Jordan are acceptable for FIBA standards in terms of representing a nation and plus points in residency required by FIBA…

Comment

• So, Chartres, Ange's team, will have to work to get promotion. They finished 2nd in Group A. Good news is, they're top seed in the NM1 playoffs, which means homecourt advantage. If they win, they get promotion.

On another note, Ange was in street clothes in the entire 2nd phase.

Comment

• Here's a game highlight of Kouame in a playoff game with CMB,he's very aggresive in his playing style.https://youtu.be/YEKXzLDJOUg?si=YvWWv_sJZ7OGS0q4

Comment

• I hope either SBP has more solid plans for him (maybe 3x3) or they release him. Let this guy play for a National Team!

Comment

• Originally posted by ARMIR View Post
                    Here's a game highlight of Kouame in a playoff game with CMB,he's very aggresive in his playing style.https://youtu.be/YEKXzLDJOUg?si=YvWWv_sJZ7OGS0q4
                    He looks good. I still think he's our best center. Yes better than Kai or Edu. I think it really depends on the development of Kai and the health of Edu. If Kai keeps on improving then the need for Kouame lessens. But we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rds View Post

He looks good. I still think he's our best center. Yes better than Kai or Edu. I think it really depends on the development of Kai and the health of Edu. If Kai keeps on improving then the need for Kouame lessens. But we'll see.
                      Agree with this assessment. Edu has comparable defense, but Ange has better footwork and finishing ability. Ange is also a better rebounder than both Kai and Edu.

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post

Agree with this assessment. Edu has comparable defense, but Ange has better footwork and finishing ability. Ange is also a better rebounder than both Kai and Edu.
                        nah edu's a better rebounder & shot-blocker, but just couldn't stay healthy. ange's the better scorer

Comment

• Posters now overrating Ange just because he helped us win that ASIAD gold and he was pivotal in that run. Don’t get me wrong Ange is a very good player but he is not our best center, his presence never felt against old New Zealand’s bigs, will see next Window what a healthy AJ can do against them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chasedown View Post
                            Posters now overrating Ange just because he helped us win that ASIAD gold and he was pivotal in that run. Don’t get me wrong Ange is a very good player but he is not our best center, his presence never felt against old New Zealand’s bigs, will see next Window what a healthy AJ can do against them.
                            When did he play against NZ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rds View Post

When did he play against NZ?
                              It was in Feb 2022, It was against Taane Samuels (former DLSU). It wasn't against theold NZ bigs.

Comment

• Originally posted by KoolAid View Post

It was in Feb 2022, It was against Taane Samuels (former DLSU). It wasn't against theold NZ bigs.
                                Robert Loe???

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information