2020 PBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Are Adamos, Laput, Rike and Muyang an upgrade over Shaw? Go with the best players then trade for need later. Don't make it complicated. I believe there's a huge drop in talent after the 4th pick without the Fil-ams. Letting Oftana or Williams go to another team might bite them in the ass later
    I mean they cannot get Mikey.Because he is supposed to be in TNT. Lol.

Utos na un ng management. Coach yeng is becoming "sunud sunuran" also in management unlike when he was in ros. I thought he is brave(matapang). It looks like even a Fierce Coach like Coach yeng is bowing to Big Company Bosses.

Anyway, I hope I am wrong and they get Mikey.

But as I said, Coach yeng have a notion that not going with the best Talent.

The last time yeng have the 3rd pick. He goes with Ahanmisi

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
      I mean they cannot get Mikey.Because he is supposed to be in TNT. Lol.

Utos na un ng management. Coach yeng is becoming "sunud sunuran" also in management unlike when he was in ros. I thought he is brave(matapang). It looks like even a Fierce Coach like Coach yeng is bowing to Big Company Bosses.

Anyway, I hope I am wrong and they get Mikey.

But as I said, Coach yeng have a notion that not going with the best Talent.

The last time yeng have the 3rd pick. He goes with Ahanmisi
      Let's see. They pick ahead of TNT anyway. Couldn't they use the special draft to get a project bigman? I honestly don't see how Rike, Laput, or Adamos can stop SMC's frontline.. well I see him airing his frustrations to the media as a show of discontent probably because that's all he could do

Comment

Let's see. They pick ahead of TNT anyway. Couldn't they use the special draft to get a project bigman? I honestly don't see how Rike, Laput, or Adamos can stop SMC's frontline.. well I see him airing his frustrations to the media as a show of discontent probably because that's all he could do
        I think they will go with Oftana. If not, Idk who is the next talented.

Maybe Pasaol? Lol He loves that kind of fat players

Comment

Are Adamos, Laput, Rike and Muyang an upgrade over Shaw? Go with the best players then trade for need later. Don't make it complicated. I believe there's a huge drop in talent after the 4th pick without the Fil-ams. Letting Oftana or Williams go to another team might bite them in the ass later
          At this point Shaw is not even back up PBA level. He was put in the trade just to make it palatable. But no coach would get him if they had a choice, after his performance in the bubble. So yes, defensively Adamos and Rike are better than him.

At this point Oftana is not yet an SF. Even Moccon is still only transitioning to the position. The SF minutes will go to Trollano and the other holdovers. After Mikey Williams, there is no surefire superstar. One decent Gilas game does not make Oftana a good SF. It will take time. And Yeng does not play thin PFs. And they are pretty stackes there with Quinahan and Soyud.

Comment

• According to Quinito, TerraFirma will pick Heading and Munzon: https://twitter.com/TheDeanQuinito/s...43673822625796

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
              According to Quinito, TerraFirma will pick Heading and Munzon: https://twitter.com/TheDeanQuinito/s...43673822625796
              I hope Nlex does not overthink and just pick Oftana. So what if they already have Trollano? I firmly believe Oftana can be molded into a star in the PBA, would not be surprised if he has a better rookie season than Malonzo. We all know homegrown Pinoys adjust quickly to PBA’s physicality than filam guys, and as for Oftana, he has the talent and skill to go along with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                According to Quinito, TerraFirma will pick Heading and Munzon: https://twitter.com/TheDeanQuinito/s...43673822625796
                Funny how quinito has sources in Terrafirma when he is connected with smc only lol

Comment

• Originally posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
                  I hope Nlex does not overthink and just pick Oftana. So what if they already have Trollano? I firmly believe Oftana can be molded into a star in the PBA, would not be surprised if he has a better rookie season than Malonzo. We all know homegrown Pinoys adjust quickly to PBA’s physicality than filam guys, and as for Oftana, he has the talent and skill to go along with it.
                  I'd pick Mikey over Oftana. In a draft you always go BPA over Fit. Mikey played in the G League and even played better vs. Malonzo during their stint in mighty sports.

Trade ayonayon and sumang to farm teams to balance roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by unstopaball12 View Post
                    I'd pick Mikey over Oftana. In a draft you always go BPA over Fit. Mikey played in the G League and even played better vs. Malonzo during their stint in mighty sports.

Trade ayonayon and sumang to farm teams to balance roster.
                    And that means leaving Oftana for TNT. If TNT manages to get both Navarro and Oftana, oh, my goodness. They'll probably be a contender for the most complete team (of course Ginebra probably has something to say about that) as well as the most modern.

Comment

• Dwight Ramos is a better player than Calvin Oftana, Mikey Williams is a much better player than Dwight Ramos based on their Cal State Fullerton's stats. So Mikey Williams is a much better player than Calvin Oftana and at 29 years old with a stints in G-League and ABL(para kanang kumuha ng import para sa Governor's Cup, btw Mikey's listed height when he was at San Francisco Dons was 6'0-6'1)..

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                        Dwight Ramos is a better player than Calvin Oftana, Mikey Williams is a much better player than Dwight Ramos based on their Cal State Fullerton's stats. So Mikey Williams is a much better player than Calvin Oftana and at 29 years old with a stints in G-League and ABL(para kanang kumuha ng import para sa Governor's Cup, btw Mikey's listed height when he was at San Francisco Dons was 6'0-6'1)..
                        The problem is Chot wants Williams when they pick. Who else are they supposed to take at their spot?

Comment

• I get you guys that it is Mikey over Oftana, we could even make a case that it could be Mikey over Munzon or Malonzo. But the thing is this, there are already reports that Mikey is being peg to go tnt, so it wont matter if they are the 4th pick, Mikey would drop down to them.

So Nlex, even if they have the 3rd pick, they will act to pick like the 4th pick. And who is the best available talent after Munzon, Malonzo, and Williams? It is clearly Oftana, after him it’s Santi Santillan.

Comment

• TNT needs a player who can deliver immediately so I guess this is why they want Williams and not Oftana even if Barbie leaves.

Williams even if he goes to NLEX will not give them a championship. But in TNT he will give them a fighting chance against SMC teams.

The only question is, will he be able to integrate himself or will he turn out to be another failed experiment like Romeo?

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                              TNT needs a player who can deliver immediately so I guess this is why they want Williams and not Oftana even if Barbie leaves.

Williams even if he goes to NLEX will not give them a championship. But in TNT he will give them a fighting chance against SMC teams.

The only question is, will he be able to integrate himself or will he turn out to be another failed experiment like Romeo?
                              That would really depend on TNT's highest paid player don't you think?
                              sigpic

Comment

Leave it to Chot to f@ck everything up. Why does he hold so much power in the MVP camp?
                                He’s Metro Pacific Group’s less horny version of Long Hair.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information