• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe he did earlier in the pccl season

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
      Why didn't Dowd play in the PCCL?
      Dowd played in the PCCL Luzon Qualifiers, I'm guessing he went back to the states for some RnR. Brix Ramos would probably be the backup point, with Ricci getting some minutes at the point. Not really that trusting of this lineup. Starters would be Bright, Kobe, Ricci, Spencer and Dowd with Murrell, Gob, Catapusan, Joe GDL et. al. manning the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by abadboi23 View Post
        Dowd played in the PCCL Luzon Qualifiers, I'm guessing he went back to the states for some RnR. Brix Ramos would probably be the backup point, with Ricci getting some minutes at the point. Not really that trusting of this lineup. Starters would be Bright, Kobe, Ricci, Spencer and Dowd with Murrell, Gob, Catapusan, Joe GDL et. al. manning the bench.
        Shouldnt Brix be serving residency? He was with UE this earlier this school year.

Comment

• Originally posted by el scorcho View Post
          Still formidable, but to have a chance at Ateneo or UST, they would really need the GDL brothers.
          Since Joe GDL is there, that means the family has not severed ties with their alma mater. So it's more of a headscratcher why Juan and Javi skipped this season. With Javi, he probably wants to reserve his last playing year until Jordi comes up.
          However, can't help but think it's Kobe and Ricci..more intriguing that way.
          I think it's an alpha male issue. It'll be Ricci's last season this year while Kobe is still eligible until Season 84. But I doubt if he'll sign up until next year.

The GDL brothers would want nothing to relive their Season 81 moments when, while Paul Desiderio was the top dog, they had stellar billing as well. Apparently, for Season 82, it didn't work out well as Kobe and Ricci got the most attention. Similarly, the GDL pair would want nothing else but to play with another sibling, and perhaps, all 4 of them to play together. They also have a better chance at winning next season with a new import (Akhuetie just won't cut it - especially going against Chabi-Yo and Ange Kouame).

UP will still be stacked though, but I don't think it's enough to carry them to the Finals, much more, the championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by dubidub View Post
            Shouldnt Brix be serving residency? He was with UE this earlier this school year.
            Residency already served, he jumped ship at the end of s82 if I remember.

Comment

• Originally posted by abadboi23 View Post
              Residency already served, he jumped ship at the end of s82 if I remember.
              He left for UP a few months before Season 82. So he already served his 1 year residency.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
                I think it's an alpha male issue. It'll be Ricci's last season this year while Kobe is still eligible until Season 84. But I doubt if he'll sign up until next year.

The GDL brothers would want nothing to relive their Season 81 moments when, while Paul Desiderio was the top dog, they had stellar billing as well. Apparently, for Season 82, it didn't work out well as Kobe and Ricci got the most attention. Similarly, the GDL pair would want nothing else but to play with another sibling, and perhaps, all 4 of them to play together. They also have a better chance at winning next season with a new import (Akhuetie just won't cut it - especially going against Chabi-Yo and Ange Kouame).

UP will still be stacked though, but I don't think it's enough to carry them to the Finals, much more, the championship.
                javi got great opportunities during season 82 and i think he made the most out of them. juan was unfortunate to be hampered by nagging injuries all throughout the season. but i agree, up should've let the team be led by juan. more than ricci and kobe tho, i think it was perasols' preference to start manzo that hurt juan the most.

Comment

• With that Bobo coach, UP won't win the championship.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Won't be surprised if UP misses the Final 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                      In recovery mode perhaps
                      Still under a strength and conditioning coach of UP, taking it slowly to strengthen him... Just started with basketball related activities this month, the forst two month was more on rehab, strength and conditioning... Started ahooting just this month but no 5x5 yet... No pain so far on the knees and he is enjoying his stay at UP... If he just bexome a 6-11 version of Mick Pennisi, he can be a Gilas prospect...

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                        Won't be surprised if UP misses the Final 4.
                        To be fair, UP has a solid starting five, one that could wreak havoc to other teams, even if they are prepared. However, the other potential final four teams currently have much better second units, taking talent and coaching into account.

Comment

• HEIGHT 6-8
                          WEIGHT 220
                          CLASS Senior
                          HOMETOWN San Diego, Calif.

2019-20 (Sr.)
                          Played in 11 games, making two starts … recorded 14 points, 11 rebounds and four assists on the season … grabbed two rebounds at Arkansas (11/5) … made first start of the year versus Penn (11/9) … scored a season-high four points with two rebounds vs. St. Thomas (12/19) … started against Charlotte (2/15), scoring two points and grabbing a season-high three rebounds.
                          I wonder if Timothy Harrison could play one and done in the UAAP in 2021, this is supposedly his last year in college. Just Imagine Ateneo with this guy and Ange Kuoame.
                          "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post

I wonder if Timothy Harrison could play one and done in the UAAP in 2021, this is supposedly his last year in college. Just Imagine Ateneo with this guy and Ange Kuoame.
                            Stats shout a better troy Rike, meaning he will be like a decent center in the uaap. Not game changing, but a solid post presence. What stands out vs. The other one and done big men is he played 4 years in college

Comment

• NCAA div.1 hugot

Originally posted by unstopaball12 View Post
                              Stats shout a better troy Rike, meaning he will be like a decent center in the uaap. Not game changing, but a solid post presence. What stands out vs. The other one and done big men is he played 4 years in college
                              guy is pretty athletic as well, at 6'7-6'8, he's got a decent three point shot and more athletic than Troy Rike.He sometimes looks like a shorter, more fluid, AJ Edu.Although he's probably more of a face up than a back to the basket player,me thinks he will be more utilized if there is another big that could play the post like maybe an Angelo Kuoame. The video was 4 years old, but I think he's still capable to do play like this.Like what I've said,if he goes to a school like Ateneo or La Salle, it'll be pretty scary for the other teams. Another player that I'm wishing that could play in the UAAP is another Rice owl(former Rice owl) Quentin Millora-Brown.

scary Ateneo tall lineup would look like this:

Kuoame 6'11
                              Harrison 6'8
                              Navarro 6'6
                              Ramos 6'5
                              Ildefonso 6'4
                              Last edited by Alex07; 05-03-2020, 11:54 AM.
                              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• another video of Tim Harrison's high school highlights

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information