East Asia Super League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kamokamo View Post
    I watched SMB's last game, boy, Kelly Nabong can shoot treys! Sorry I don't follow PBA, but looking at his plays, he can also defend well. Why is he not even mentioned here in IBN as a Gilas prospect?
    Ineligible. Plus may toyo

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
      Ineligible. Plus may toyo
      Agree with this. He was pretty good at North Port especially when Romeo was injured. Pido was able to develop him same way he is doing with Tautuaa. He is a bit unpredictable though especially when he feels he gets bad calls. PBA refs are also too wary of him, whistling him easily. So most of the time he is in foul trouble.

Comment

• kelly nabong if its sober is just like tautuaa..can be more physical defender problem that he is thinking that pba refs are too keen on him
        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• made a reputation from fans and maybe the refs as always nakikisawsaw sa gulo

Tim Cone doing a Jeff Van Gundy on Nabong Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
            Just like James Yap..
            James Yap was not really that bad as a National team player...You can check his Fiba profile, he has his stats there during his one and only 1 NT tour of duty during his PBA career that was on that ill fated 2009 team of Yeng where is is the second leading scorer the team adter Baguio averaging around 9.2 points on 36.7% from 3s on 19min playing time. I think he had 23 against Taipei, 14 against Iran and scored on all the games.. Not bad stats actually contrary to common conception... He was just a reserved on 2007 Fiba Asia Team and was initially called up for Gilas 2013 as part of initial wish list of Chot but them SMC happened(Obey). If we put it side by side againts current Gilas players, those are better stats than Gilas Chan, Fonacier and David and even against recent Gilas SG Lassiter(Gilas stint with Yeng) , Pogoy and Wright.. So parang Paul Lee yung performance nia in recent World Cup team... Just because hindi napanood ng karamihan bust na agad..

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
              James Yap was not really that bad as a National team player...You can check his Fiba profile, he has his stats there during his one and only 1 NT tour of duty during his PBA career that was on that ill fated 2009 team of Yeng where is is the second leading scorer the team adter Baguio averaging around 9.2 points on 36.7% from 3s on 19min playing time. I think he had 23 against Taipei, 14 against Iran and scored on all the games.. Not bad stats actually contrary to common conception... He was just a reserved on 2007 Fiba Asia Team and was initially called up for Gilas 2013 as part of initial wish list of Chot but them SMC happened(Obey). If we put it side by side againts current Gilas players, those are better stats than Gilas Chan, Fonacier and David and even against recent Gilas SG Lassiter(Gilas stint with Yeng) , Pogoy and Wright.. So parang Paul Lee yung performance nia in recent World Cup team... Just because hindi napanood ng karamihan bust na agad..
              Agree with you.

I think the reason why some people feel James Yap underperformed in the 2009 FIBA Asia Championship is that they expected him to register MVP Nos. in every game (like what he does in the PBA during his prime) which of course is really difficult considering that the level of competition in that tournament is higher than the PBA & with so many stars/superstars in the RP team, mahirap na man yata to score 18+ points in every game.
              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                Agree with you.

I think the reason why some people feel James Yap underperformed in the 2009 FIBA Asia Championship is that they expected him to register MVP Nos. in every game (like what he does in the PBA during his prime) which of course is really difficult considering that the level of competition in that tournament is higher than the PBA & with so many stars/superstars in the RP team, mahirap na man yata to score 18+ points in every game.
                It doe not help that he was Coached by Yeng Guiao with his erratic subs pattern and playing all 12 players.. So limited yung playing time and touches yet he still scored almost in double figures... He had his explosion against Taipei and Iran, bumaba lang averages nia due to poor games against Korea where he scored 4 and 3 points... Besides tambakan mga games noon with RP team losing to Jordan, and Iran by a mile, so he was seating alreasy on garbage time... Sino ba sa mga recent Gilas players (Gilas 2-6) at SG had better averages than that in Fiba Asia competitions? WALA rin naman.... Only Perez has has better averages than Yap...

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                  It doe not help that he was Coached by Yeng Guiao with his erratic subs pattern and playing all 12 players.. So limited yung playing time and touches yet he still scored almost in double figures... He had his explosion against Taipei and Iran, bumaba lang averages nia due to poor games against Korea where he scored 4 and 3 points... Besides tambakan mga games noon with RP team losing to Jordan, and Iran by a mile, so he was seating alreasy on garbage time... Sino ba sa mga recent Gilas players (Gilas 2-6) at SG had better averages than that in Fiba Asia competitions? WALA rin naman.... Only Perez has has better averages than Yap...
                  If I remember it correctly, yap struggled defensively, always getting lost on rotation

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                    Parks Jr scores around 38 pts for Blackwater on a losing effort against a full swing TNT team after skipping terrific 12. That's how serious these PBA teams were in giving us another embarrassment. DiGrigorio, Rosario, trollano also played. Blakey who was also one of BW imports in the T12 scored 4 pts.
                    If BW actually got a good import they would have 2 of those instead of 1 hehehe.

Comment

• Originally posted by trig View Post
                      If I remember it correctly, yap struggled defensively, always getting lost on rotation
                      Yup, that has been his Achilles heel.
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• EASL inked with fiba 10 year contract

Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                          EASL inked with fiba 10 year contract

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...a1373-20200820
                          Does the FIBA recognition also imply following FIBA eligibility rules? Hope not!...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ville Ur View Post
                            Does the FIBA recognition also imply following FIBA eligibility rules? Hope not!...
                            Well, I think this recognition from FIBA really means that EASL is Asia's answer to Euroleague.

They will implement home-and-away format.

They will also expand from 12 teams to 16 teams which means teams from ANBL and NZNBL might be also invited.
                            Attack
                            defend
                            Unite

Comment

• So what will now happen to the FIBA-Asia Champions Cup? are they gonna scrap it na?

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                                Well, I think this recognition from FIBA really means that EASL is Asia's answer to Euroleague.

They will implement home-and-away format.

They will also expand from 12 teams to 16 teams which means teams from ANBL and NZNBL might be also invited.
                                I think the idea of 16 teams is top 4 from Japan, China, South Korea, and the Philippines.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information