Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
    I think we will win against Angola..
    They're beatable, there style suites us (less movement off the ball more of dribble penetration and post ups). I think if we can crash the boards avoid silly fouls hit those open 3s we can win

Comment

• Spain, PR, Tunisia and Iran... Not Japan..

Comment

• I hope we learn our lesson from the past iterations. Let's be hopeful and positive BUT not overly TOO confident of our chances.
        Whether true or not, let us not give our opponents the easy way of scouting us nor we act stupid like giving OBVIOUSLY false scouting.
        We haven't really proven anything in the World Cup. The last one may as well be considered a lucky win though can be considered a big one for us. THIS World Cup, will show to the world that we actually belong.
        So hopefully, we can win some games AND not moral victories.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaVi View Post
          I hope we learn our lesson from the past iterations. Let's be hopeful and positive BUT not overly TOO confident of our chances.
          Whether true or not, let us not give our opponents the easy way of scouting us nor we act stupid like giving OBVIOUSLY false scouting.
          I also hope that we learn to be confident of our chances BUT not conceited in believing we can defeat anybody or some other team hands down.
          We haven't really proven anything in the World Cup. The last one may as well be considered a lucky win though can be considered a big one for us. THIS World Cup, will show to the world that we actually belong.
          So hopefully, we can win some games AND not moral victories.
          An Angola and Iran win would be a a good outcome, any other wins would be an accomplishment...

Comment

An Angola and Iran win would be a a good outcome, any other wins would be an accomplishment...
            Question Do our scores in losses to Italy and Serbia count in rankings? If so we have to still be decently competitive in those games
            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

With the teams we wil facing, more teams (32), and format (consolation round) the WC is water downed frome previous editions
              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
              https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                Question Do our scores in losses to Italy and Serbia count in rankings? If so we have to still be decently competitive in those games
                Probably for quotient purposes.. But if you wont qualify to the medal rounds, you go to Consolation rounds which would be the basis if you qualify to OQT... Assuming China makes it to round of 16 second round and the best Asia. TEAM and Japan as the host gets automatic slot to the Olympics, and Oceania has separate allocations, the top non qualified 16 teams will qualify to OQT plus the top 2 teams from each Fiba Zone(for Asia its a battle between Gilas, Iran, Sokor and Jordan). If we beat Iran in the consolation round, we make it to OQT...

Comment

Probably for quotient purposes.. But if you wont qualify to the medal rounds, you go to Consolation rounds which would be the basis if you qualify to OQT... Assuming China makes it to round of 16 second round and the best Asia. TEAM and Japan as the host gets automatic slot to the Olympics, and Oceania has separate allocations, the top non qualified 16 teams will qualify to OQT plus the top 2 teams from each Fiba Zone(for Asia its a battle between Gilas, Iran, Sokor and Jordan). If we beat Iran in the consolation round, we make it to OQT...
                  with how tiring for the pba to join in world cup do we look like pba is interested on another commitment.. di ko talaga makonek na magcommitt ang pba sa sea games..yes just take a break while sea games is around.. dont add more week or two break to prepare for sea games sampal sa atin fans yun eh
                  To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                  1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                    with how tiring for the pba to join in world cup do we look like pba is interested on another commitment.. di ko talaga makonek na magcommitt ang pba sa sea games..yes just take a break while sea games is around.. dont add more week or two break to prepare for sea games sampal sa atin fans yun eh
                    PBA should see the benefit they are reaping from our boys being successful in the world stage. Every win is a victory for the PBA. Fans be like: Gilas just defeated Italy, these guys are good, the local league must be world class

Comment

• Originally posted by Juan Lun View Post
                      PBA should see the benefit they are reaping from our boys being successful in the world stage. Every win is a victory for the PBA. Fans be like: Gilas just defeated Italy, these guys are good, the local league must be world class
                      we almost did that, its just a stanley pringle TO away to make yao ming( I respect the guy) like a walking sad meme when we almost defetaed them with a 6'8 center, sayang lang at it was negated with a bitter defeat against the oppas..

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                        we almost did that, its just a stanley pringle TO away to make yao ming( I respect the guy) like a walking sad meme when we almost defetaed them with a 6'8 center, sayang lang at it was negated with a bitter defeat against the oppas..
                        I think we under performed there. We have the best back court duo in Pringle and JC, sayang. Another fault of the cramming system of the PBA. tsk tsk

Comment

• Originally posted by Juan Lun View Post
                          I think we under performed there. We have the best back court duo in Pringle and JC, sayang. Another fault of the cramming system of the PBA. tsk tsk
                          we underperformed in that korea game but against the gold medalist imagine how good we were in iran without clarkson and pringle and a completely new team

Comment

• Great statement by coach Yeng regarding sa reason ni Parks na nahihiya kuno.

"Wala naman siya sinabi sa message text niya samin na nahihiya siya sa mga players, hindi naman siya dapat mahiya because he has nothing to do about another guys getting into the team, that's my decision it's not his decision. If you get invited it's up to you to decline or accept no? Kasi para sa bansa naman yan eh bakit ka mahihiya? Mahihiya ka ba na inimbita ka na maging part ng national team (Interviewer chuckles) ? So nagtataka lang ako na he was saying later on na nahihiya siya. Bakit ka mahihiya wala ka namang kinalaman sa decision who plays for the national team? Siguro after this pabayaan na lang natin, he makes his own decisions and one thing in our policy in our national team is we want everybody there to be totally committed. All Ray Parks has to do was to be honest and be truthful sa mga reasons niya, kasi hindi naman pilitan ito eh, kapag napili ka for the national team or get invited, the first thing I tell the guys is this is sacrifice. Kung willing ka magsacrifice, time and effort, sama sama tayo. Kung hindi naman, it's still ok since there are other guys there who wants to be part of the national team".
                            (Watched it at CNN sports desk yesterday)

There you go, hopefully it's CJ Perez who gets invited, explosive two way guard just like Pogoy, but the difference is he has great handles. And most importantly, Pinoy attitude, laro lang, no excuses at hindi paNBA.

Comment

• Honestly I’m not surprised, he’s been asking to be part of the national team for a while but now that’s he’s in the PBA they want him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
                                Great statement by coach Yeng regarding sa reason ni Parks na nahihiya kuno.

"Wala naman siya sinabi sa message text niya samin na nahihiya siya sa mga players, hindi naman siya dapat mahiya because he has nothing to do about another guys getting into the team, that's my decision it's not his decision. If you get invited it's up to you to decline or accept no? Kasi para sa bansa naman yan eh bakit ka mahihiya? Mahihiya ka ba na inimbita ka na maging part ng national team (Interviewer chuckles) ? So nagtataka lang ako na he was saying later on na nahihiya siya. Bakit ka mahihiya wala ka namang kinalaman sa decision who plays for the national team? Siguro after this pabayaan na lang natin, he makes his own decisions and one thing in our policy in our national team is we want everybody there to be totally committed. All Ray Parks has to do was to be honest and be truthful sa mga reasons niya, kasi hindi naman pilitan ito eh, kapag napili ka for the national team or get invited, the first thing I tell the guys is this is sacrifice. Kung willing ka magsacrifice, time and effort, sama sama tayo. Kung hindi naman, it's still ok since there are other guys there who wants to be part of the national team".
                                (Watched it at CNN sports desk yesterday)

There you go, hopefully it's CJ Perez who gets invited, explosive two way guard just like Pogoy, but the difference is he has great handles. And most importantly, Pinoy attitude, laro lang, no excuses at hindi paNBA.
                                And bolick.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information