2017 jones cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No comment na lang ako ditto
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by regierr View Post
      Are we using the Jones Cup to prepare for the SEA Games? It's kinda pointless since the SEA Games is a totally bullshit tournament for basketball.
      If this true to any extent we should not join at all.
      WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
      SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• Originally posted by heystifler View Post
        Myers CS Fonso
        Jose CBC
        Belo Paras Ferrer Wright
        Pogoy Pessumal Tolomia Vosotros
        Ravena Jalalon

Jones cup 15 to play or 12 to play? If final 12 for jones cup ill cut vosotros pessumal fonso/ferrer/paras

+ chot always plays with 3 pg
        pure pg is Jalalon
        How far can we go if I the worst case PBA will not release PBA veterans for the FIBA Asia Cup and we send this Jones Cup lineup (minus Shrek of course plus Parks). As of this time, there is still no decision yet from PBA board if they will release PBA veterans for Asia Cup. So the lineup would basically look like the SEA Games team plus addition of Seaba vets Wright, Pogoy and Jalalon .

The lineup would have a small frontline with only Hermoso and Rosario above 6-6. Perhaps SBP van request Almazan and Edu as 12th man to segment the frontline. From SF to PG., I think the team is solid already Belo, Parks, Paras, Ferrer, Wright, Pogoy , Jalalon, Ravena

Comment

• The report says Chot named 16 not 15

Reyes on Tuesday night announced the 16-man Jones Cup roster led by Southeast Asian Basketball Association Championship (Seaba) standouts Matthew Wright, Roger Pogoy, and Jio Jalalon and reinforced by TNT standby import Mike Myers.

"Ed Daquioag, Mac Belo, Carl Cruz, Kevin Ferrer, Mike Tolomia, Von Pessumal, and Fonzo Gotladera are the other PBA players as well as free agent Almond Vosotros in the fold along with amateur standouts Kobe Paras, Kiefer Ravena, and Raymar Jose.

Rounding out the team was Fil-German Christian Standhardinger."

Read more at http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/ne...XJDXAhzGbGP.99
          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• To me the 16th man came down to Parks vs Belo, I would be disappointed if Belo doesn't play (due to injury recovery) , if that's the case spot should have gone to Parks. I'm fine with the others cause after all they're cadet players who have invested their time into the Gilas cadet programme.

Comment

• Let's thank Opstal for not practicing and dropping out, if you follow Chot's logic Standhardinger wouldn't be included if Opstal didn't drop out. buti na lang .. peace

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                No comment na lang ako ditto
                lol
                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• I'm sorry to add to the controversy, I checked the 12 man roster for the SEA games submitted, " It doesn't include Belo"

Strange cause if they think Belo won't be healthy (recovered) enough for the August SEA games, what makes you think he will be ready (healthy) for the July Jones cup? ayy nako

Unless they're saying "Belo " is reserved for FIBA Asia, really now , don't want to get in to trouble , my last post on this

Comment

• feeling that we dont need the cadets to burn out majority of them will join asia cup..
                    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• jones cup adds chemistry maybe pba will lend pba vets for major tournaments

for seag we cant add college players coz of season hoping bolick and nambatac will get a tryout

Comment

• Originally posted by heystifler View Post
                        jones cup adds chemistry maybe pba will lend pba vets for major tournaments

for seag we cant add college players coz of season hoping bolick and nambatac will get a tryout
                        I think, I am okay with Ray not in Jones Cup. for me, he needs to properly assert himself in the team while still playing in the team's system. In the last NT Qualifier, Parks played possum most of the time. I think, he played too much to his role, and when the time to assert was needed, he did not do that, and if did, didn't convert.

In the SEAG, all SEA teams are basically bringing in their best lineup. I think, it is high time for Parks to learn to assert while playing within the system. Hope he will make it is goal, to lock down defend the best player and import in the opposing teams, while creating an impact in the offensive end.

Lastly, I hope he can stamp his dominance in this competition. Go RayRay!

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                          the OFFICIAL line up for Jones Cup

Jio Jalalon
                          Mike Tolomia
                          Kiefer Ravena
                          Almond Vosotros
                          Matthew Wright
                          Von Pessumal
                          RR Pogoy
                          Kobe Paras
                          Mac Belo
                          Kevin Ferrer
                          Carl Bryan Cruz
                          Reymar Jose
                          Fonso Gotladera
                          Mike Myers
                          Chris Standhardinger
                          Without the likes of Parks, you know this team is not built to win but tooled enough to be competitive.
                          Looking like test drives for Kobe and Chris, if they fit Chot's system "now".
                          Kiefer and Matthew are your insurance policies come crunch time.
                          "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone..." - Timo Cruz (Coach Carter)

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                            No comment na lang ako ditto
                            Sir Analyze if you are saying no comment then you are clearly hiding Chot's intention. And it is clear na he has a personal vendetta against Parks for not calling immediately. And it is sad to think that the coach who is not satisfied with the 1 player per team agreement since it deprives the country to see the best national team possible thus the same kind of a selfish act by not including Ray for the jones cup since Ray did not called him immediately. Paras, Myers, and Standhardinger eh mas late pa nga nagpractice kay Ray due to DIFFERENT REASONS, YET Ray got punished for his act dahil hindi lang kagad niya natawagan si Chot. I even read an article that when Chot had a press release of a new additions eh nagtext naman daw si Ray only Chot having an excuse na di niya daw nareceive. Well kasi ang gusto niya Tawagan siya. I honestly start to think what kind of sexuality Chot really has. He has a feelings of a girl with the way he acts to be honest.

As for GoPilipinas, yes you put value to the ones who have been on the program longer mas matagal nagpractice si Vosotros at Grey kay Matthew Wright yet in the SEABA why is wright the one included? Kasi diba dapat best player possible ang ilagay to have a chance to win? Ray being put in the sea games is like being demoted to a team B. Clearly mas maganda ang level of competition sa jones cup dahil may Iran, Korea, C. Taipei, at elite club pa ng Canada which includes Royce White. Tapos we are the defending champion of Jones Cup pa. We are deprived of a Jalalon, Ravena, Wright, Parks, Paras, Belo, Standhardinger core na parating nasa ultimate fantasy line up natin for the future of Gilas. Again the reason is nalate ng CALL si Parks kahit na on time naman siya sa first day of practices for the build up on jones cup, sea games, fiba asia cup nung June 20 (Myers, Standhardinger did not attended).

Comment

• Guys, just a quick question....is it free to watch during Gilas practices at Meralco Gym? I've been contemplating this for a few days na lol

I'm in Cavite and ayaw ko naman masayang pamasahe....I just really want to see Kobe. Maybe take a picture or something...

Comment

• Originally posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
                                Sir Analyze if you are saying no comment then you are clearly hiding Chot's intention. And it is clear na he has a personal vendetta against Parks for not calling immediately. And it is sad to think that the coach who is not satisfied with the 1 player per team agreement since it deprives the country to see the best national team possible thus the same kind of a selfish act by not including Ray for the jones cup since Ray did not called him immediately. Paras, Myers, and Standhardinger eh mas late pa nga nagpractice kay Ray due to DIFFERENT REASONS, YET Ray got punished for his act dahil hindi lang kagad niya natawagan si Chot. I even read an article that when Chot had a press release of a new additions eh nagtext naman daw si Ray only Chot having an excuse na di niya daw nareceive. Well kasi ang gusto niya Tawagan siya. I honestly start to think what kind of sexuality Chot really has. He has a feelings of a girl with the way he acts to be honest.

As for GoPilipinas, yes you put value to the ones who have been on the program longer mas matagal nagpractice si Vosotros at Grey kay Matthew Wright yet in the SEABA why is wright the one included? Kasi diba dapat best player possible ang ilagay to have a chance to win? Ray being put in the sea games is like being demoted to a team B. Clearly mas maganda ang level of competition sa jones cup dahil may Iran, Korea, C. Taipei, at elite club pa ng Canada which includes Royce White. Tapos we are the defending champion of Jones Cup pa. We are deprived of a Jalalon, Ravena, Wright, Parks, Paras, Belo, Standhardinger core na parating nasa ultimate fantasy line up natin for the future of Gilas. Again the reason is nalate ng CALL si Parks kahit na on time naman siya sa first day of practices for the build up on jones cup, sea games, fiba asia cup nung June 20 (Myers, Standhardinger did not attended).
                                remove grey he is not part of the pool anymore because he was traded to global port 1 player per team only + 1 cadet ang gulo kasi ng set up ng PBA at sbp but we should be still happy atleast mas nakiki operate na PBA ngayon unlike before kahit papaano a very little improvement lol

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information