2017 jones cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stallions 87 View Post
    At the conclusion of the Jones Cup, I see Gilas easily winning the Sea Games minus Myers but with the addition of Troy Rosario. Jong Uichico probably RPs unluckiest coach after losing to Korea at the buzzer should cherish every moment and then retire from International coaching.
    not unlucky because he only handled the team one time(chot placed worst than him) and that team will be beaten balck and blue by china..and already won sea games gold..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Dunno natanggal na yun sakit of philippine teams to lose on games that dont need to lose..although meyers is there but we can compensate it by having better forwards other than cs

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
        should be erram playing and norbert.. no reason to add cs and troy here,,
        Erram is just coming back from an acl injury. It will take a while before he gets his confidence back. Sea games is also expected to be a lot tougher than seaba

Comment

• Originally posted by trig View Post
          Erram is just coming back from an acl injury. It will take a while before he gets his confidence back. Sea games is also expected to be a lot tougher than seaba
          yes thats why they need to add norbert and kyle pascual at least..

Comment

• Despite the criticisms that Meyers had received, he was a dominant player in the paint. There were some some game games were we probably wouldnt have won without him.

Comment

• Originally posted by miman View Post
              Despite the criticisms that Meyers had received, he was a dominant player in the paint. There were some some game games were we probably wouldnt have won without him.
              Agree. He is a force esp in the rebounding department. His offense is not what you'd expect from an import though, and his rim protection is almost non-existent. That's actually one thing that we don't have in this tourney, as CS obviously isn't a rim protector, either.
              Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• The biggest disappointments in this tournament has been Mac Belo and Kobe Paras. So much hype for these two and the impact they were supposed to achieve entering the Jones Cup. At least si Belo hindi nagkakalat. Si Kobe whenever he touches the ball you can clearly see nagkakalat siya.

Comment

Erram is slowly coming back in shape, had, 11 points, 15 Rebs and 7 blocks against Star.

Slaughter had 14 points, 14 Rebs and 3 blocks debut after almost 2 years of absence.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
                    The biggest disappointments in this tournament has been Mac Belo and Kobe Paras. So much hype for these two and the impact they were supposed to achieve entering the Jones Cup. At least si Belo hindi nagkakalat. Si Kobe whenever he touches the ball you can clearly see nagkakalat siya.
                    Hindi lang naman si Kobe nagkakalat eh...lahat sila.

Unfortunately, Kobe's teammates have more international experience than him, not to mention, and again loaded sa position ni Kobe as per chot.

If only Kobe had played well with very minimal mistakes and played big minutes, he would have definitely shine. One thing I want to stress is that he's actually a little heavy now compared to when he was still in high school. To me, it seems like he has lost some bounce in him. I mean, go watch Kobe back in 2015 summer (adidas nations) and compare it to his recent frame...the difference is huge. I guess Kobe bulked up the wrong way, as a result, he gained some fat. But you are right Kobe Paras clearly nagkakalat well at least he made up for it by playing well in his last game. He definitely learned his lessons which is excellent for his development and progression.
                    Last edited by Anonymous123; 07-23-2017, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
                      The biggest disappointments in this tournament has been Mac Belo and Kobe Paras. So much hype for these two and the impact they were supposed to achieve entering the Jones Cup. At least si Belo hindi nagkakalat. Si Kobe whenever he touches the ball you can clearly see nagkakalat siya.
                      Belo? coming from an injury, what do you expect an A game agad?
                      LA Clippers(bcoz of PG13)
                      Morayta

Comment

• Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
                        Erram is slowly coming back in shape, had, 11 points, 15 Rebs and 7 blocks against Star.

Slaughter had 14 points, 14 Rebs and 3 blocks debut after almost 2 years of absence.
                        A healthy Erram seems to be better overall than Almazan at this point. Take note, before his injury he was scoring on JF consistently on the perimeter.

Comment

• For me its Ray. Not that he sucks, his defense is really good and probably the closest thing we have to a gabe replacement. His ability to guard 1-3 will be vital in the future. I was just expecting him to take a step forward with his offense. He showed flashes during the canada game then slowed down. Maybe its the ankle?

With regards to kobe, he's young and hasn't played a lot of 5v5 the past year or two. He was clearly over-excited on offense but I think he showed a lot of defensive potential. Just happy that atleast he gets to work with pba players. Not too long ago, they wouldn't even consider sending a 19yr old.

With Belo, its his first series of games coming from a knee injury. Its usually tough coming back from a knee injury esp. mentally.

Comment

For me its Ray. Not that he sucks, his defense is really good and probably the closest thing we have to a gabe replacement. His ability to guard 1-3 will be vital in the future. I was just expecting him to take a step forward with his offense. He showed flashes during the canada game then slowed down. Maybe its the ankle?

With regards to kobe, he's young and hasn't played a lot of 5v5 the past year or two. He was clearly over-excited on offense but I think he showed a lot of defensive potential. Just happy that atleast he gets to work with pba players. Not too long ago, they wouldn't even consider sending a 19yr old.

With Belo, its his first series of games coming from a knee injury. Its usually tough coming back from a knee injury esp. mentally.
                            Cant even do the sidestep after the canada game..the draft is near and seems that he will be prone to injury if he cant land properly everytime he takes off..

Cs needs a shotblocking coach lol quick hands but cantreally get the timing upstairs..

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                              Cant even do the sidestep after the canada game..the draft is near and seems that he will be prone to injury if he cant land properly everytime he takes off..

Cs needs a shotblocking coach lol quick hands but cantreally get the timing upstairs..
                              Internationally I think BRP can be developed into a solid 3-and-D guard. He displayed his shooting touch in the ABL where he broke the record for most triples by a local in a single game. In the PBA he can be a go-to guy for a team like KIA or Blackwater.

Comment

• If BRP jr. can't step up at the offensive end even he is capable, then he is no different to matt ganuelas because the last time i saw matt playing in the jones cup 2015 and fiba asia 2015 he can also do what parks can do defensively maybe even better at a limited minutes given to him by coach tab and in fairness to ganuelas he is not afraid to attack and attack to the basket in games during those tournaments.

It is just his jump shots and freethrows that really ruined his career haha.
                                Ako ang may pinakamalakas na confidence!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information