2017 SEABA Championship (Senior & U16 Men) | May 12 - 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Money View Post
    Ako lang ba for its really weird na Jason Webb was the commentator then pinupuri niya kagabi si "Play me or Trade me" Maliksi?
    i think gilas needs maliksi. hope star releases him again for fiba asia.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
      Japhet has been solid with tim pre oqt.. but that oqt benching was aturning point.. japhet got to be consistent and more mature
      i think he is more mature now. the way he played last night.but yeah the opponent didn't pose too much challenge. come fiba asia hope he can be that potent again.
      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Next edition of SEABA is in the year 2020.

Comment

• Japeth because of his quickness is actually a bigger mismatch playing center than when he plays PF internationally.
          There are a lot of 6' 10 - 7 foot centers internationally, but seldom do you see a 6'10 player with Japs mobility and versatility ( that's really his advantage) .
          Honestly, and I know I'll be accused here of hate , Japeth would be more serviceable than Junmar playing in the Australian NBL. There are heaps of players who can do what Junmar does , but seriously there not that many that can do what Jap brings. I don't think Jap can start for the ANBL team, but come of the bench, hell yes. his quickness will provide a different dimension really.
          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
          https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
            Japeth because of his quickness is actually a bigger mismatch playing center than when he plays PF internationally.
            There are a lot of 6' 10 - 7 foot centers internationally, but seldom do you see a 6'10 player with Japs mobility and versatility ( that's really his advantage) .
            Honestly, and I know I'll be accused here of hate , Japeth would be more serviceable than Junmar playing in the Australian NBL. There are heaps of players who can do what Junmar does , but seriously there not that many that can do what Jap brings. I don't think Jap can start for the ANBL team, but come of the bench, hell yes. his quickness will provide a different dimension really.
            Nobody outside of Australia cares about the nbl. Know you facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
              Japeth because of his quickness is actually a bigger mismatch playing center than when he plays PF internationally.
              make it happen.. Please? lol..
              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• When Aguilar starts off well by doing more positives, he's extremely lethal and effective. His game is anchored on his mentality, and if his confidence is skyrocketing, we see the best in him.

Which is why there are times when he becomes an enigma - effective in one game and disappears in the next. Cone has a lot to do with his improvement, absolutely, but more importantly, it's his mental game that has gone up by leaps and bounds under the Ginebra coach.

Word of caution though: that was Thailand that we faced last night. Aguilar's performance may have been very impressive but so were the likes of Maliksi and Wright in the previous games. It remains to be seen that against a more formidable competition, these guys would be able to play just as well. But it bodes well for their confidence and belief in themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
                  When Aguilar starts off well by doing more positives, he's extremely lethal and effective. His game is anchored on his mentality, and if his confidence is skyrocketing, we see the best in him.

Which is why there are times when he becomes an enigma - effective in one game and disappears in the next. Cone has a lot to do with his improvement, absolutely, but more importantly, it's his mental game that has gone up by leaps and bounds under the Ginebra coach.

Word of caution though: that was Thailand that we faced last night. Aguilar's performance may have been very impressive but so were the likes of Maliksi and Wright in the previous games. It remains to be seen that against a more formidable competition, these guys would be able to play just as well. But it bodes well for their confidence and belief in themselves.
                  could it be that japeth's explosion is planned by chot? im pretty sure opponents have the others checked already that is why thailand had defended very well in the first half. japeth has been doing defense all along sometimes just under the radar and somehow he just exploded in the face of thai nt.

Comment

When Aguilar starts off well by doing more positives, he's extremely lethal and effective. His game is anchored on his mentality, and if his confidence is skyrocketing, we see the best in him.

Thats why I believe, irregardless of opponents, Japeths greatest enemy is himself, also factors in is against tougher competion will you give japeth the burn, Tab Baldwin didn't and yes he didnt even let Abueva and Ray parks do their thing..
                    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• im excited to see how wisnu fares against our well seasoned pba players. he was able to bully himself during last sea games and seaba against the cadets. lets see if he gets his way around rosario or abueva or even pogoy or even japeth. jamar will also help them alot on the boards. but my expectations now are relatively low for wisnu and jamarr.

Comment

• Originally posted by all_about View Post
                        Nobody outside of Australia cares about the nbl. Know you facts.
                        Appear..

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                          I really think that we are leaning to bring cadets plus amateur standouts in sea games due to our good performance ( yes not because our opponnents didnt improve but somehow.ddo offense was effective against sea competion
                          .(kumbaga walang tatalo sa atin sa free flowing offense sa sea and also this is the one who costs tab the job japhet playing well with blatche is very evident. )

So ravena paras combo in sea is possible..

We might see "some" of our pba stars sit out the asia cup.. but ray parks would come in..

We might see the fjnal appearance if gabe norwood in gilas uniform by august
                          yeah, i wouldn't mind seeing a weakened roster and a solid but not the clear full strength team for the sea games and asia cup respectively, as long as we see our best or really close to our best for the qualifying games. that's the most important joust for gilas easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleMarco2016 View Post
                            yeah, i wouldn't mind seeing a weakened roster and a solid but not the clear full strength team for the sea games and asia cup respectively, as long as we see our best or really close to our best for the qualifying games. that's the most important joust for gilas easily.
                            Kasi if youre chot, you dont see fielding a team in jones cup with pba players, the only selling point is sea games and a chance of non pba guys(Paras, Kiefer) to acclimatize chots system the ddo (look at almazan sa seaba pa ang talaga ang opportunity for him to learn..)

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                              could it be that japeth's explosion is planned by chot? im pretty sure opponents have the others checked already that is why thailand had defended very well in the first half. japeth has been doing defense all along sometimes just under the radar and somehow he just exploded in the face of thai nt.
                              Perhaps...but we also need to understand that every single member of the team is capable of exploding at any given day. Whether it was planned or otherwise, Aguilar's skill level would definitely make him capable of doing such.

I'm guessing that one of Cone's sage advices to Aguilar was to focus on his defensive game first, and his offense would follow. Aguilar, like JMF, still has several bad habits defensively and uses his athleticism to compensate. But he can't do that everytime against a more skilled opponent. At this SEA level, he has no equal.

Comment

Perhaps...but we also need to understand that every single member of the team is capable of exploding at any given day. Whether it was planned or otherwise, Aguilar's skill level would definitely make him capable of doing such.

I'm guessing that one of Cone's sage advices to Aguilar was to focus on his defensive game first, and his offense would follow. Aguilar, like JMF, still has several bad habits defensively and uses his athleticism to compensate. But he can't do that everytime against a more skilled opponent. At this SEA level, he has no equal.
                                very true.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information